( search forums )
Auto-balance teams with bots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BManx2000
June 19, 2004, 10:13 pm
How about this: as an option for the server, in a team game if one team has less players than the other, the team with less players would get enough bots so their team would have the same number of players. These bots would not count as a player so if red team has 3 players and 1 bot and blue team has 4 players, it would still show up on the scoreboard as 4-3. Also, the bots would not take up a player spot on the server list. As soon as a person joins (or leaves) the game, the bots would be adjusted accordingly. If a bot happens to be carrying a flag and is kicked, the flag would be dropped if no teammate is nearby, or warped to the nearest teammate if one is nearby. Alternatively, the bot would have a few seconds before it got kicked. I'm open to any suggestions of what to do about a flag-carrying bot, actually. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Kazuki
June 19, 2004, 11:29 pm
It still isn't all that fair though, I mean, it IS a bot. Still, it is an improvement. I know this might sound a bit weird, but if a flag-carrying bot gets killed, then the flag is transfered to the nearest teammate. The person who is recieving the flag will get a quick warning so he knows to stay away from enemies.

Rayne
June 19, 2004, 11:40 pm
well maybe you could set there difficulty before the game...normal hard impossible..

BManx2000
June 19, 2004, 11:54 pm
Well anything less than impossible is a joke :P

Toni_Cicerelli
June 20, 2004, 12:06 am
This is wierd, I was thinking about this almost exsactly last night.

peemonkey
June 20, 2004, 3:42 pm
me likes it, but only as server option. maybe able to set how many bots? like 3 bots=1 human.
...if only it werent like that... if only they were better...

TigerDragon
July 9, 2004, 12:18 am
i hate bots.

Alamo
July 9, 2004, 12:37 am
me too. But it's nearly impossible to have a fair game if the teams are unbalanced.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 20, 2004, 10:18 am
yes!

DT
December 20, 2004, 3:42 pm
be command or option...
/autobalancebots

Vijchtidoodah
December 20, 2004, 9:58 pm
Vassili, are you serious? This thread was started back in June...

Not that it isn't a good idea, though.

Alamo
December 20, 2004, 10:04 pm
want!

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 5:46 am
That's great

For the flag-carrying-bot, well the bot would have to be HELLA powerful to get a flag and be able to return it IMO...

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 21, 2004, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahVassili, are you serious? This thread was started back in June...

Not that it isn't a good idea, though.

lol yea...i was going through the suggestions list

you dont like me very much do you?