( search forums )
I want to make a themed campaign!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Dextrous Ninja
June 19, 2004, 10:50 pm
But I have no idea how to...

What I want to do is make a ton of maps which will be put together to make the Lord of the Rings story. With a little bit of perseverence, I will probably learn how to mod it so that it looks like Lord of the Rings (although help with this would still be greatly appreciated) but its the quests I'm wondering about. The quests will range from Isildur's battle with Sauron's army up to... don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't seen it. Obviously, different quests will require you to be different people. For example, Frodo escaping the Shire and Aragorn in Helm's Deep. Since you can't edit your name and stuff inbetween maps, would the user have to manually change his character between levels?

Well, if anyone can give me some tips and hints as to how to make this work well, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

This is what I'd like to see in a future version of Soldat - A Campaign Editor.

Alamo
June 20, 2004, 1:53 am
You could give a load of .ini s to the user in which you designated the colors :)

Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 4:43 am
...how do you plan to do this when most weapons are firearms? and only a few could be possibly medieval? (bow, knife, chainsaw)

G2KT
June 20, 2004, 5:10 am
Someones made a medieval like mod before.

ZKC Jack
June 20, 2004, 5:49 am
ha! chainsaw miedevil.

KnOt
June 20, 2004, 10:36 am
This is Soldat not Age of bloody Empires.