( search forums )
primary and secondary animations for weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 5:04 am
i thought it would be awesome to have alternate anims for the same weapons. specifically the knife. just one way to use it is so... boring. it would be awesome if there was like, a secondary fire button where you could use a different form of attack. say, the normal one is a slash and the secondary is a more... dramatic stab.

this could also be applied to the pistols (shoot, whip) or maybe machineguns (different rates of fire, or really cool, secondary would have you use, say, a mounted grenade launcher on the muzzle. it would work like the M79, but less powerful)

this could also be used on the sniper rifle. i dunno about you, but i think it's a little silly to have to kneel or lay down to use the sight, especially because doing so tends to obstruct your line of fire. the secondary would let you just look into the sight. click it again and you're back to normal. click primary to fire.

and why end with the main weapons? you could use it for throwing grenades in different fashions too! straight out and fast or over (like it already is).

ZKC Jack
June 20, 2004, 5:37 am
you can hit someone with your weapon if your really up close. or instead of forward you can drop the grenade. it might become usefull...or not.

Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 6:18 am
it's not the same. :/
i wanted grenade launcher mounts, alternate firing modes, total pistol whipping, different techniques for swinging the knife around...!

peemonkey
June 20, 2004, 3:40 pm
pistol whipping :there already
different knife tech's: throw the damn thing
grenade launcher mounts: 100% pointless
alternate firing modes: tap the button then

topic: horrible

Toni_Cicerelli
June 20, 2004, 6:54 pm
I like the sniper thing, if you could only see a small section, like a 30 degree angle in front of you, even in normal mode. It could be a step in the right direction to stopping the ever present Barrett whining.

DeMonIc
June 20, 2004, 7:45 pm
Eh... not.

June 20, 2004, 7:52 pm
How about we stop requesting to change the weapons?

Alamo
June 20, 2004, 9:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
pistol whipping :there already agree
different knife tech's: throw the damn thing agree
grenade launcher mounts: 100% pointless nice idea :)
alternate firing modes: tap the button then agree

topic: horrible mountable Gren Launcher for president.

Snipedmyself
June 20, 2004, 10:14 pm
slashing knife :D throw all yur nades and then hold nade button fully, slash slash! this shouldnt be impentededededededed but its a hidden egg thing

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 4:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
pistol whipping :there already
different knife tech's: throw the damn thing
grenade launcher mounts: 100% pointless
alternate firing modes: tap the button then

topic: horrible

ok, how exactly do you 'pistol whip'?

i know you can throw the knife, but it would be more useful (and prettier) to swing it different ways

the grenade launcher mounts would be a good backup, and maybe you'd use up your grenade supply for it or something, but it would shoot them like the M79 instead of you needing throw it, and if you really wanted to, you could fire the machinegun, and fire a grenade, and throw a grenade at the same time. you'd need to reload the next one, tho... this would really come in handy for specific positions, say, if you're in a little crater and want a grenade to go over, you throw it, but if there's a bunch of people close to you, straight ahead, and throwing a grenade would either come short or go over them (if you threw it) you fire it from the launcher.

alternate methods of fire... i admit i was reaching for that. but seriously, what would be a practical application for that? hitting 'em with, say, the minigun?

BManx2000
June 21, 2004, 7:12 pm
1. Stand next to the guy and press fire. Wow, liek teh pistol whip!
2. how the hell would slshing the knife be any better than stabbing, unless it slashed faster than it stabbed (and then everybody would use the slash instead of the stab)

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 7:28 pm
*shrug* dun matter, i just want variety.

and the pistol whip thing: looks like he's trying to shoot at his own crotch. i'll have to change that animation... anyone know the name of it?

Noobile
June 21, 2004, 10:51 pm
*wonders if this person played as much perfect dark as I did*
quote: i know you can throw the knife, but it would be more useful (and prettier) to swing it different ways
prettier?? prettier?? I suppose you want tu-tu's and ballet too? useful? slashing is about the most useful thing you can do in a 2-d world, it covers more ground than a "dramatic stab" you arent going for style points...this isn't a fashion show, you want that....go watch mtv... for me, the slash is fine

quote: mounted grenade launcher on the muzzle. it would work like the M79, but less powerful

How on earth could that be? this is supposed to be a reprisentation of combat.... the m-79, and ( not the only one, but one I am most familiar with ) the m-209 along with 90% of all "grenade launchers" fire a 40mm shell........less powerful? how?

Niff
June 22, 2004, 7:16 am
M79 is a 50mm. Undercarriage launchers are 25mm average.

Snipedmyself
June 22, 2004, 7:24 am
yeah, alot of suggestions r not origiunal but m8lee perfik dark keeps coming

psyko
June 22, 2004, 4:52 pm

sniping without crouching or going prone is pretty stupid...

looking down the scope while standing would have the accuracy of a toddler with a magnum revolver...

well maybe not that bad, but the accuracy would be pretty bad...

Svirin Kerath
June 22, 2004, 5:07 pm
one at a time e.e
yes, i think there should at least be a stab. and i'll tell you why. if you slash, you have a strong attack real close in. but if you stab "dramatically", meaning very blatantly, with a good reach, you have more range. ^_^

of course the mounted grenade launcher would be smaller, ergo, less powerful. i simply meant that it would be fired and projected similarly.

sniping: of course there would be hella recoil, even not in realistic, but i think it would be /more/ realistic if you at least had the option.

Toumaz
June 22, 2004, 5:09 pm
M79 is 40mm...

AerialAssault
June 22, 2004, 9:08 pm
the m203 grenade laucher mounted on the m16 rifle was made to replace the m79, its a smaller launcher with the same firepower. making the single infantryman more lethal.

Niff
June 23, 2004, 2:50 am
Oops, sorry. I was thinking of a HK69, been using that damn HK mod too much.

Deleted User
June 23, 2004, 8:07 am
u cant really c tha soldat slashing

Svirin Kerath
June 23, 2004, 9:04 pm
...what do you mean? the little soldier slashing the knife? i did. it's not that hard to imagine.