( search forums )
Fuggin whiners!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
June 20, 2004, 3:04 pm
I was just playing a public ctf, and I decided I wanted to use the Barret. When I play with Barret, I always try my hardest to only fire it when I'm stood on the ground, to make it a fair weapon. Anyway, I was walking around, crouching, killing, moving on, until I shot someone and they called me a barretard. I told them I wasn't because I was using the weapon how it was intended to be used, but they insisted I was a n00b and a barretard. That made me laugh [:)]

Next round I went back to using Steyr Aug and Law, and I was attacking the enemy base. I crouched and shot someone with my Law. Then he called me a camper [:(!]...what the hell was I supposed to do, fire my Law whilst flying?

I'm happy though, I pretty much led the server until I connection problemed out. [:D]

sanity
June 20, 2004, 4:42 pm
yeah i see spammer alot during the game... they just cant hack the 1.05b-style grenade skillz [:P].

SuperKill
June 20, 2004, 5:16 pm
"I told them I wasn't because I was using the weapon how it was intended to be used, but they insisted I was a n00b"

rofl @ intended to be used...
i cant see a sign anywhere telling me that the way you use barret is the way it should be used.
i would tell you to ignore them and use barret however you want, but hey.. if shooting on the ground is the only "skilled"(AHAHA) thing you can do, then i cant change that.
anyway, you're a barret camper, and try playing in a real server next time.

Melba
June 20, 2004, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
i cant see a sign anywhere telling me that the way you use barret is the way it should be used.

i can see a sig...

SuperKill
June 20, 2004, 6:02 pm
lol..he didnt say not to use it.
besides, like there's any work related to shooting barret on the ground

b00stA
June 20, 2004, 6:35 pm
SuperKill, there's a difference between:
Stalky using the Barret as a sniper weapon..
..and the so-called barretards running around and shooting it mid-air, running towards you.

The first way can be fun for BOTH sides. The second one is only fun for the barretard imho.
SuperKill, is skill the only thing that counts?
Bah.

Deleted User
June 20, 2004, 6:51 pm

"I don't understand why you want to use the Barret in mid-air, it's a sniper weapon!"

Pwned.

Chakra
June 20, 2004, 7:02 pm
*points and laughs*

SuperKill
June 20, 2004, 7:08 pm
hrhr pwned ? no i dont think so ;p jet boots exists ingame and you can already hold a minigun while flying.

"The second one is only fun for the barretard imho."
no?
the only people that are getting mad over a barret user that kills them in mid-air are hypocrite cry-babies.
the game is well ballanced and it has been proven many times.

"Stalky using the Barret as a sniper weapon.."
does anyone use the LAW as a... LAW ?
anyone use steyr aug as a steyr aug ? (you really thing you can move around so much and still be accurate like that ?.. hehe)
same with minimi, ak, ruger, minigun..etc.

DeMonIc
June 20, 2004, 7:59 pm
Do'h, Stalky meant that
How Michal (pretty much GOD in short version) intended it to be used.
So there
PWNED!!!!!!!!111one

palloco
June 20, 2004, 8:46 pm
Stalky, we all know you are a barretard and a camper. Do not try to be proud of that.

Marine
June 20, 2004, 11:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
Stalky, we all know you are a barretard and a camper. Do not try to be proud of that.

Why not?[;)]

Alamo
June 20, 2004, 11:48 pm
Because Barret is lame.
Because Camping is lame.

Barret + Camping = lameĀ²
And you can't be proud of being lameĀ².

Marine
June 21, 2004, 1:55 am
Barrett isn't lame. Camping is though.

T-Money
June 21, 2004, 3:01 am
quote:I was using the weapon how it was intended to be used

Uh, the Barret has a scope for a reason. the Barret is MEANT to be used while prone/crouched from offscreen. Don't see what all the whining's about.

SuperKill
June 21, 2004, 8:12 am
t-money thats exactly what he's saying. o.O

lol ment to be used.. what a bunch of bullsh!t.
aslong as you dont abuse it like going on top of the map on b2b with the flag with the help of a minigun or m79 (there are more examples of abusing weapons) then everything is ok.
but no.. there will always be those ass players that whine about barret.
you guys are pathetic..most of you whiners cant even play with a barret (good example is evillaugh/icarius, talked sh!t more then almost anyone about the barret.. then got his ass ripped apart vs me when he used it, and i didnt play with an auto anytime before).
learn how to play your own damn guns.. they arent so hard damnit.

sanity
June 21, 2004, 8:29 am
i say use the weapon however you want... if someone complains its probably only coz ur kicking their ass.

DeMonIc
June 21, 2004, 1:35 pm
Hmm..
During the short time I have spent on these parts, my opinion changed in many things.
I was a lameass nothing before I came here.Here, I have learned.
Only weapon abusing is lame, I don't get angry at campers anymore.I get angry at those who abuse the weapon.
So the conclusion is
Stalky tried NOT 2 abuse the barret, and all whined cause he wipped their ass.
Whining is lamer than being a weapon abuser.I guess.

Sir Galahad
June 21, 2004, 1:43 pm
The only guys who whine, when i'm using the barret or camp, is the other team. So WHY BOTHER. Ectually i see it as a compliment

FroG-BoY
June 21, 2004, 2:16 pm
SuperKill, apparently you don't play anymore; why bother?

SuperKill
June 21, 2004, 4:03 pm
maybe cuz i'm gonna start to play again?

demonic- using the barret in air isnt abusing, moron.
it was like that since the first versions, so cut your crap.

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 5:23 pm
isn't using it in the air even /more/ difficult? maybe i'm too used to being in realistic mode or summat, but to shoot someone across the screen with a barret from the air, when you have to really consider arcing in relation to distance, and actually hit them.... or do i have the wrong idea...? -_-;;

SuperKill
June 21, 2004, 5:50 pm
no, you dont have the wrong idea..
what you're saying is what some people in this forum just wont admit.

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 5:52 pm
Well, I must be the only person who finds shooting the Barret whilst floating in the air easier than staying still [:O]

Anyway, you could shoot the Barret from the air in 1.0.5b, but it required skill, so only a few people used it. I can only remember two people, Liquidis x Snake and Mr Khan. Even you used the M79, SuperKill.

SuperKill
June 21, 2004, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Well, I must be the only person who finds shooting the Barret whilst floating in the air easier than staying still [:O]

Anyway, you could shoot the Barret from the air in 1.0.5b, but it required skill, so only a few people used it. I can only remember two people, Liquidis x Snake and Mr Khan. Even you used the M79, SuperKill.

AHAHAHAHAHA
oh man i remember playing with you some time ago when you were using the barret (in air too) and you sucked.. dont give me that easy [:-censored].
and what skill did it require in 1.0.5 ? pfft, it was 100% accurate, i could shoot whoever i wanted aslong as he's to my right.
if you think barret is 100% accurate in this version, you are either drunk or stupid to realize it isnt.

hmm anyway..
only mr. khan and lxs ?
lol, what about tfs ? the most of S:S roster ? US (unseen) guys ?
forgot about them ?
you know what was diffrent back then ? people didnt whine like whores.
as you said, the thing i used was m79...m79...m79.
used it since the end of 1.0.5 untill 1.4, and i cant remember getting mad over getting killed by barrets.. pfft.

and really ;o shooting barret on the ground dont require anything but being a pain in the ass, bored camper.

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 7:38 pm
if you lie down or kneel, it's easier to control the recoil, too. in the warehouse inf mission, you could kinda crouch on a little ledge and shoot down by the warehouse and hit someone easy, but if you jump over and come down shooting from the air-while being shot at- it's a hell of a lot harder.

the old barret and m79 sucked. heh heh. i always used the minimi in the old version.

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 7:39 pm
That game we played in you should remember I couldn't kill with anything, because I sucked so much. I was doing best with Barret. And by the way, I do use Barret in the air when I'm playing really badly and I need to so I can actually kill people.

i cant remember getting mad over getting killed by barrets

Well thats interesting, because I remember you started using Barret because you got so pissed off at it being overpowered. When you told the forums, the topic title was "If I can't beat them, I'll join them", wasn't it?

Look, can we just shut the [:-censored] up and let the topic die, we've been through this plenty of times before, and I'm getting sick of typing the same [:-censored] all over again. Anyway, you're going into "omg!!1 i pwn joo losar! u suk!" mode.

PS. You might want to take a look at this...

DeMonIc
June 21, 2004, 8:15 pm
Superkill, by abusing I meant using the barret as an assaulting weapon, which is annoying.If they camp, or jump for their lifes, it's ok 2 me.
What do u have agains't me?Why are u trying to bring me down?

SuperKill
June 21, 2004, 8:23 pm
stalky- how i started using barret:
i quitted, i got bored one day and asked outcast to teach me some stuff with the barret because i sucked with it so much.. he tought me and i started playing with it.
btw, i NEVER remember myself being a "omg i pwnz ju l0s3r!11!1", so save the useless flaming to someone else.
and wtf is that crap about telling the forums that i'll start using barret ?
i mean.. if i ever said that, it must've been over 3 am while i couldnt be assed to type.
still i believe i didnt 'noticed' anywhere besides my old clan channel (RGN) that i'll start to use barret. but hey.. you dont wanna talk about it so.....

demonic- huh ? i dont have nothing against you.. hell i dont even know you.

sanity
June 22, 2004, 2:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Svirin Kerath
the old barret and m79 sucked. heh heh. i always used the minimi in the old version.

uhh no the old m79 did not suck, it was much more powerful and then practically nerfed in 1.1+. it seems a little stronger in 1.2 tho.

Ivan0
June 22, 2004, 5:03 am
so calling someone a barretard is whining?
and insulting people by calling them n00bs is also whining?
what about posting such thread? is that not whining? i think it is

Marine
June 22, 2004, 5:26 am
(it is)

SuperKill
June 22, 2004, 9:37 am
(he is a whiner)

Chakra
June 22, 2004, 12:46 pm
No amount of 'whining' from barretards will ever change my mind. Why?

(i'm sure i've explained this in another older thread)

[IMAGE]

..because ever since this (fairly annoying) 8 year old neice sat on my lap one day, placed both her tiny hands on the mouse while I controlled the keyboard, and then together won a DM with 7 other guys, I finally knew the depths of how pathetic this weapon is.

A weapon that is so rediculously easy and powerful that it can be aimed by a little girl. We tried ruger, she wasn't that fast to get them twice before they killed us. We got owned in Arena2 trying to use m79 while she kept screaming "get closer to them!".

For me, quite simply, all you're doing is acknowledging the fact that no matter what 'skill' you posess, you deny it's use by reducing yourself to a weapon with such pathetic minimal requirements that a girl who can't even tie her shoes can aim it.

GluLm
June 22, 2004, 12:59 pm
lmao

SuperKill
June 22, 2004, 1:29 pm
i let my dog play with ak and he beat akai in a clanwar.
now lets get serious, answer this chakra: if the barret is so "rediculously easy", how come evillaugh lost to me (i played automatics but you know that already), a player that never played with an automatic gun for more then 2 matches in a row, when he played the barret ?

you were 101% sure i'd lose, changed the topic in 2wai's channel to "sk is gonna get pwned by evillaugh bla bla.."
and after the match you had nothing to say besides something like "..i cant say im not shocked.."
so c'mon, answer my question seriously now, and stop your fairy-tale stories.. how did he lose ?

KnOt
June 22, 2004, 2:27 pm
I think that the barret should only be able to fire while one is in the prone or crouched position.. (just like the law). Then, because I agree with Stalky that the barret should be used for sniping people only, I would be extremely happy, and we would get our 'balanced' soldat back.

I do agree with SK however, the barret is not that easy to use, it does require some practise, however if you put 2 elite players in a duel, 1 of them at his/her best with the barret, and 1 at his/her best with the steyer for example, who do you really think would win?

SuperKill
June 22, 2004, 3:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
I think that the barret should only be able to fire while one is in the prone or crouched position.. (just like the law). Then, because I agree with Stalky that the barret should be used for sniping people only, I would be extremely happy, and we would get our 'balanced' soldat back.

I do agree with SK however, the barret is not that easy to use, it does require some practise, however if you put 2 elite players in a duel, 1 of them at his/her best with the barret, and 1 at his/her best with the steyer for example, who do you really think would win?

no point here.
you agree that its not easy to use, but you say it should still be nerfed to ground only ?
i cant see the logic here.. and soldat was always balanced.
also like i said before, i cant realize why didnt you understand that there isnt such a thing as "should be used"
when some of you say it, get your facts about other guns before you talk crap about barret.
i'll explain it again:

many weapons in soldat are used like they arent used in rl
you cant assault (run, fly, jump) with deagles\steyr\ruger\barret\minimi\minigun, and still shoot 80% wherever you want to.

Chakra
June 22, 2004, 3:59 pm
I'd put it down to EL being little more than an average player who's never used a barret before, and you having far more experience and ability than him.

You see, the way you play the game with a barret is far different from that of any other gun. An inexperienced 'noob' to barret, such as EL, will try to use it like any other gun; charging the enemy, attempt to pass the enemy is quickly as possible, and so on. In a CTF with alot of medikits this may work for you.

Otherwise, using the barret is best suited to what I humbly like to call 'pussy-tactics'. One such maneuver is to 'hide' through a thin area and wait for your enemy to pass into it. Or simply just jumping up from behind a hill/ledge, shooting, then immediately dissapearing behind it again, by which time if they pass over to get to you, you've reloaded.

The barret's long reload time is of a major hindrance to those who don't know how to compensate for it, but it is easily compensated for. You hide, run, maneuver, and only reveal yourself to make your shot. After that you dissapear again.

I was on the keyboard when my neice was using the mouse to aim. I know how to hide like a pussy, and she knows how to point and click.

As fun as this alternative style of 'fighting' is in soldat for the user, it is ultimately annoying and almost impossible to counter for the rest of us who enjoy a game of skill.

Toumaz
June 22, 2004, 4:27 pm
Amen, Chakra.

The barret sure is annoying.
A pussy rises from a bush - BANG - you're looking for your arms.

BTW, is seems like this topic is getting close to a lock... :)

palloco
June 22, 2004, 5:21 pm
SK, i thought u were using ruger. That is not an auto, that is a portable barret, the same thing than a barret to me.

SuperKill
June 22, 2004, 6:25 pm
ruger ? ;S
well chakra, i guess if i sum up your post, you're saying the same stuff i'm saying..
if you played a few matches with me, you could've notice i never do anything of that "pussy-tactics"
i never camp, i never hide, i fly most of the time.. heck i'm going kamekazee and gets to be one of those guys that died the most..
yet you still call me a barretard..?
from what i see here.. stalky is the one doing the "pussy-tactics", and i dont see anyone calling him that.
so you mind explaining what does 'barretard' mean ?

Svirin Kerath
June 22, 2004, 6:37 pm
a retard with a sniper rifle in his hands and the safety lock off. : /

KnOt
June 23, 2004, 11:32 am
SK I said it required some practise.. but once you get a bit good with it it becomes over powered. I do have a point, the point is as I stated already, if you put the best player in the world iwith a Barret and the best player in the world with a steyer and make them duel, who do you think would win? My money would be on the barretard.

Element_101
June 23, 2004, 12:02 pm
Bla Bla Bla we have seen this same dame thread 100's of times and its the same thing every god dam time...

No more barret threads! if I have to read SK's posts which say the same thing time and time again or listen to Chakra talk about his neice owning with a barret in a DM against 7 people one more time im going to go balistic!

Please enought with the barret thead let michal do what he wants with the guns then adapt to use them its as easy as that...

Chakra
June 23, 2004, 1:25 pm
Ok, ok...so it's another barret thread. I'll bury it.

Still, why let michal do what he alone wants with the guns? who's to say that his objective isn't to tune it right for the massive multiplayer community?

..remember the stationary gun with no overheat? firing LAW's while superman'ing? the funny down-right upleft bug when firing barret? How useless chainsaw was in 1.1.5? mp5 and minimi being severely weak? m79's lack of range? We all complained or suggested about these things, and Michal listened, and they got altered for the better, for us, the people that play the game.

frogboy
June 23, 2004, 1:42 pm
i let my dog play with ak and he beat akai in a clanwar.
...why do I seriously doubt you're telling the truth?

Deleted User
June 23, 2004, 4:10 pm
Because he was joking?

SuperKill, you said you go kamikaze straight into everyone else with the Barret. What the [:-censored]. Thats the WORST THING YOU CAN DO WITH THE BARRET. EVER. Its a fricking sniper rifle!

SuperKill
June 23, 2004, 5:07 pm
i'm happy with it ;<

AL3X1C0N
June 23, 2004, 8:06 pm
Well its pretty f00ked up is sum1 only uses barretard :S
Atleast i use fn minimi,Ak,deagle,steyr and g00wd weps ;)
And i use ma secret 1.05b tactics that everybody falls for :S LoL

Droopy
June 28, 2004, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
PWNED!!!!!!!!111one

This is nothing related to this topic... But I'll post anyway.. This !!!!11one is getting popular.. I guess it's Ville's fault. Thanks dude!

palloco
June 28, 2004, 9:51 pm
"SuperKill, you said you go kamikaze straight into everyone else with the Barret. What the . Thats the WORST THING YOU CAN DO WITH THE BARRET. EVER. Its a fricking sniper rifle!"

LOL

"Ban Palloco because he is Portuguese and he whines too much."

ROFL

"Fuggin whiners!"

ROFLMAO

Joost
June 28, 2004, 11:08 pm
OMG ur using AK!1... USE LEET WEPS OMG >> FIST AR ELEET ..!!
OMG U NOOB ,... OMG OGM UR NOT USING TEH WEAKEST GUN IN TEH GAME!!?!/1/!!!@222@@@!1! U R SO FKK NOOB

and so on .. if you don't like barretards, avoid them, or /piss on their face when they missed their first bullet =

sanity
June 29, 2004, 3:17 am
i prefer barretards over barret campers... but thats just me i guess.

that fuking sniper
June 29, 2004, 4:14 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
SuperKill, there's a difference between:
Stalky using the Barret as a sniper weapon..
..and the so-called barretards running around and shooting it mid-air, running towards you.

The first way can be fun for BOTH sides. The second one is only fun for the barretard imho.
SuperKill, is skill the only thing that counts?
Bah.

How do you know when is it fun for who? This is just in general. I have never had fun playing against campers, I hate them, and I hate the barret for being overpowered. Even if you fire it while standing still, its still overpowered and *will* annoy alot of people just as equally as using it in the air. It still kills in 1 bullet and still has a long range.

And I, for one, have fun in "sniper wars" as they are called; when everyone picks up a barret and "barretards" (A.K.A uses it as an assault rifle). I have fun when I play against them when I'm doing the same and I also have fun developing ways to kill them with other weapons. So you cant just pull out a general rule for it, its based on opinions, and opinions vary.

Stalky: I believe the word barretard is pretty general. I mean the guy you annoyed doesnt really give a damn what way should the barret be used. He still thinks its annoying, and the word was made to insult the "barret annoyers". Use it while camping or use it in the air, it doesnt matter, the person you annoy can call you what he wishes on his own legitimacy, because you annoyed him.

Thirdly: The way the barret should be used cant be really determined, since it can do both the roles of the assault rifle and the role of a sniper rifle. Just as long as the barret can be used for open assault, it will be used that way by some people and they will argue that it is not a "sniper rifle" but an "instagib gun". The other side has pretty much the corresponding arguement. One person cant tell everyone how to use the gun, and the arguement itself is irrelevant untill proven relevant by Michal when he implements his own opinion into the gun. Ideally, Soldat is his will. I trust what Soldat *enables* me to do. Sure, Michal said that he prefers getting killed by a camping sniper rather than an assaulting one, but he never actually said how people should widely use it. The way I see it, as long as you can do both sniping and assaulting with the gun, the "right" way to use it can be both ways, because the game allows it. Otherwise it would be called cheating, right? And just as long as it can be both an instagib gun and sniper rifle, it will be the most overpowered weapon in the game and will continue to annoy and agitate people. If he called you a barretard, you cant really make fun of him, can ya? Him being pissed off at a weapon in the game is just like your arguement about how the barret should be used, an opinion caused by something psychologically moving, and that shouldnt be laughed at, since that by its own existence it has a reason to be there.