( search forums )
1 ACTUAL fix that came out of the 1.2 fix....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
KnOt
June 20, 2004, 4:22 pm
It's that 'kicked for possible cheat' thing.. It hasn't happened to me since I installed the fix, and the other day I was playing on a server and this lame speed hacker came in, and he got the possible cheat kick.. so I assume that's all in working order, so that's very good.. cheaters beware!

Oh yeah, also that decompression failed thing is fixed too, right?

LazehBoi
June 20, 2004, 4:38 pm
I guess that it is in working order then, one big hurrah for that, but i remember seeing someone that (most probably) wasn't cheating and he got kicked, as an answer to the decompression thing, i havn't seen it so i guess it's fixed :P

Chakra
June 20, 2004, 6:44 pm
I got auto-kicked for cheating about 2 weeks ago. I was in a DM at around 25-4 kills, obviously full of new guys, and having a blast rampaging through them with my shotty.

..ahh well, I probably deserved it, poor bastads.

Alamo
June 20, 2004, 9:33 pm
It also fixed those debug messages. They were really annoying.

DeafBox
June 21, 2004, 12:34 am
That "possible cheat" thingy is still bugged. On a really laggy server (iinet) people get kicked for that reason. Even happened to me and i dont cheat. Often ull see a few people get kicked at the same time and it sucks :(
I reckon its cos of the lag, the server thinks ppl are speed hacking or something, dunno, but it needs a tweak.

Element_101
June 21, 2004, 1:03 am
Seems that it only happens on certain servers...

Alamo
June 21, 2004, 5:41 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
[...] i dont cheat. [...]

Sure... I'd say that too ;)

DeafBox
June 21, 2004, 9:51 am
quote:Sure... I'd say that too ;)
Yeah, thats the worst thing about it. But people realise its bugged when multiple people get kicked at once.
it was funny looking back at it. This guy was asking for the clan website cos he wanted to try out. And i typed it in and bang, kicked for cheating. I wasnt even moving at the time...
Anyway, it sucks cos to n00bs it looks like the clan is a cheating clan or something.

Anyway, if this could be fixed id be rather happy :|

Hektik Sniper
June 21, 2004, 10:18 am
yeah, the other day i was spectating [S][K] vs (SN) for TNL with 2 other guys, and they both got cheat kicked while they were spectating o_O

Jap_man
June 21, 2004, 10:50 am
I've never been kicked for "possible cheat" though i've been called a hacker before =P

Element_101
June 21, 2004, 11:45 am
Ive never been kicked for cheating either

LazehBoi
June 21, 2004, 6:08 pm
I've been called a hacker once, he accused me then left.
Although i don't beleive i've been kicked for possible cheating but my memory of all my games is not too good ;)

Maz
June 21, 2004, 6:53 pm
i hav for sscc

blan
June 21, 2004, 7:09 pm
Ive been automatically kicked for cheating couple of times. Mostly happens in my server to people who are spectating.

How can a spectator cheat you ask? Good question.

KnOt
June 21, 2004, 11:56 pm
I remember in 1.1.5 when I used to use my knife a lot I got kicked for something too..

Se7enWolf
June 22, 2004, 12:21 am
I got kicked for cheat once, I wasn't cheating, and I wasn't lagging (only 66 ping...), so, somewhat buggy...

Dragon88
June 22, 2004, 2:05 am
The auto-kick is definitely still buggy. Many times I've seen multiple guys get kicked at the same time during a lag spike, and I've also played in games where there's been a speed hacker who didn't get kicked, even though he'd been cheating for several rounds. So yeah, it needs some work.

Aegis
June 22, 2004, 4:05 am
I think the "kicked for possible cheat" thing depends on which version of the dedicated server they are using.. prolly why it happens in some and not others.

Element_101
June 22, 2004, 12:07 pm
Auto kick should be adressed in next version..

BlackSpear
June 22, 2004, 10:01 pm
I got kicked only twice or so for that but not lately, though i've also seen enough people beeing kicked for a possible cheat when they wheren't cheating at all or sucked REALY badly at it

FroG-BoY
June 23, 2004, 6:44 am
I got cheat-kicked once when I pretended I was cheating... in spectator mode... I think the phrase 'i cheat' set it off for some reason =/

BlackSpear
June 23, 2004, 4:06 pm
lol, a cheating spectator hehe
it should be disabled or something for spectating mode while it still has some bugs...

sativa
June 23, 2004, 6:25 pm
well the possible cheat works good it has some bugs cause i even was playing on a server with a speedhacker where we needed to vote / kick him cause the possible cheat didn't notice him (he had speedhack and wallhack) and I also got kicked for possible cheat before, but that you the non-cheater get kicked can be 2 reasons, reason 1 lag, reason2 to much backgroundprograms or you have some virusses that soldat sees as a cheat

Drama
June 23, 2004, 8:40 pm
funny when this guy went to spectator and started bitching to me and i got good laugh when he got kickd für possible x11t