( search forums )
Foreign Characters in Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 21, 2004, 7:59 am
today i was making a portuguese translation, and i realized that soldat1.2 doesnt support characters with accents like...Ã, æ, ç, ó "in-game"
this makes it hard for people in other countries to play soldat. i think that soldat would be a lot bigger and more popular if michal would change this.

-Mike

DeafBox
June 21, 2004, 10:00 am
yer, good idea, but i can see like people making stupid names and stuff....
but
who cares.

I could become:
dA| Ðëà? ßö×

DeMonIc
June 21, 2004, 1:07 pm
Good idea.

N1nj@
June 21, 2004, 4:39 pm
before, it used to be like this, and then poeple did weird characters and is hard to kick/ban them because back in the days, you have to type /kick [name], there wasn't any IDs assigned like now.

I don't really care either for this, but I mean, probably take 2 seconds to fix this, so I support it. But usally, I like to keep my name simple and not funky.

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 5:02 pm
go ahead, other people don't tho :/
i do... i like a simple "MS-06f Zaku II" or "RGM-79" or "AGX..." well, you get the idea....

anyhow... if we want a wider audience (and we do!) i think we should go ahead with this. if people deliberately use weird characters... well... we'll find a way around that too.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 21, 2004, 5:05 pm
yea, but i mean just let them be used for things like, connection problem, bad packet size, and only things that are in the default.txt file. they shouldnt be able to type theses characters. do you know what i mean? and, i think you should be able to change the size of the text that goes on the dashboard when you first bring up soldat. the reason is, all of the boxes are fit for the english language only, and sometimes words in other languages are bigger than they are in english. this makes a problem for reading them.

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 7:30 pm
yeah, that's good. you have my vote!

CbbLe
June 21, 2004, 8:23 pm
åäö to the people!!!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 21, 2004, 11:26 pm
lol @ CbbLe. btw what does that mean?

societies_punishment
June 22, 2004, 6:23 am
I like it it's simple and something soldat needs, I support