( search forums )
map...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 6:32 pm
uhm my map is too large to get in one screenshot... atleast while im playing... uhm its called Dante's Inferno.... (STUPID [:-censored]dumb [:-censored] mother [:-censored] english class)
attention this map is large... so is the screeny so let it run through the download... i mean be patient... thanks for checking out my brainchild pm me an tell me what you think

heres the url for the map: http://www.turrino.it/public/dantesinferno.PMS

well heres the screeny:

http://www.turrino.it/public/dantesinfernoscreeny.jpg

this is the texture you need:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] flamesv2.JPG39.43 KB

G2KT
June 21, 2004, 6:44 pm
Looks kinda weird but ill go ahead and download it anyways.. Please next time try to zip your files together... and make your screenshot a .jpg insted of a .bmp

Droopy
June 21, 2004, 7:12 pm
Hmmm..

Look's interesting...

I'll dl!

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 7:24 pm
thanks you guys ill try to do better next time... keep on givin me suggestions... if ne1 wanna try me on my map ill be happy to oblige just pm me

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 7:59 pm
hey droop what shading are you talking about... and whats wrong with it?

grand_diablo
June 21, 2004, 8:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Malevolent Matt
hey droop what shading are you talking about... and whats wrong with it?

shading: to make fluent transitions between the colours of a polygon, so you dont see the edges of every single poly..

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 8:10 pm
ok thanks again feel free to dl it i just revamped it a little

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 8:26 pm
Well, first thing's first, that texture is disgusting.

Ok, its good to see that you are using different facilities. For example, you have made multiple colour polygons, and you have used polygon stretching, also, different types of polygon too.

What you need to do to make high quality maps is use these features for a bigger picture. If you look at the polygons on the far left, each one has two red vertices and one black one. However, you should never put black in contact with red, because it makes the map look...well, silly. In your future maps, make the vertices of polygons that touch each other the same colours.

The best advice I can give you is:
1) Open some of the default soldat maps in the mapmaker and look closely to see how they are made.
2) Read this.

Oh, and by the way...if you want to make a ctf map, put "ctf_" at the beginning of the file name [;)]

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 8:29 pm
CRAP... i just playtested it and somewhere along the line most of me polygons became shades (no collisions) how the "hell" do i fix this problem?

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 8:48 pm
nm got it fixed... the anwser was staring me right in the face and i didnt realise it, and why is that texture disgusting??? its just fire

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 9:24 pm
Because it looks ugly.

Droopy
June 21, 2004, 9:26 pm
This map is pure OWN! I love it!

Malevolent Matt
June 22, 2004, 12:13 am
thanks not bad for about 2hours of work... now is it?

G2KT
June 22, 2004, 1:08 am
Bad thing about that map maker manul stalky is that is all in a different language.

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 3:10 am
IT HURTS MY EYES

Darac
June 22, 2004, 1:49 pm
tell me Malevolent Matt where can i get some of that LSD from?

Malevolent Matt
June 22, 2004, 3:07 pm
where do ya live i can prolly get some sent your way.... really i gto connections... im the g-t-g in my town......... dop you really want some?

Se7enWolf
June 24, 2004, 10:35 pm
the flame texture could make an interesting scenery if it were in BMP format

Malevolent Matt
June 27, 2004, 5:38 am
ok after about a week how do you guys like my map?

June 27, 2004, 1:00 pm
It looks awful. It just melted my brain.

Droopy
June 27, 2004, 6:02 pm
Now now! It's not that bad... We're lucky he even posted back! Remember that guy that posted a map pack in wich were about 15 maps.. and all of them suxed! Now that's melting your brains out!

Deleted User
June 27, 2004, 8:19 pm
They didn't suck this much. Some of them had good gameplay.

Malevolent Matt
July 6, 2004, 3:53 pm
thanks for the defense droop.... ad by the way its not like you used your brains ne way