( search forums )
Coin Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Se7enWolf
June 22, 2004, 12:17 am
Okay, I got this from Super Smash Bros. Meele, actually, but quite a simple concept, when you kill an opponent, they drop 1 coin, you or somebody else could possibly pick it up, and if you get a multi-kill, it's +1 coin for each level (i.e. getting single kill is 1 coin, then if you get a double kill, that person drops 2 coins, triple kill that person drops three coins, etc.), good idea?

Noobile
June 22, 2004, 12:50 am
what purpose would this serve? ( not being critical.... really wondering ) to what means?

Duke33
June 22, 2004, 1:24 am
Firstly, no.

And secondly, to echo Noobile, what would be the point? Soldat doesn't have 'lives', so you can't give coins for that. There isn't a formal point system beyond kills and flags, so you can't give coins for that. How would you cash them in, and since soldat has no formal save character system, whatever 'points' or 'money' you'd earn would be useless.

Don't mean to be critical, and its not a horrible idea. Its just rather useless and pointless...

Kazuki
June 22, 2004, 1:46 am
Yeah, what they said. No harm done, but coins wouldn't really be used for anything, and plus we already have PointMatch, which no one plays. >_>

Marine
June 22, 2004, 2:17 am
quote:Originally posted by Se7enWolf
Okay, I got this from Super Smash Bros. Meele,

I'm surprised no one has flamed you for that yet.

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Se7enWolf

Okay, I got this from Super Smash Bros. Meele

***NEWS FLASH*** -- this is not super smash bros, this is soldat, learn the difference

societies_punishment
June 22, 2004, 6:07 am
/me waving arms over his head violently

Oh Common now, that's gotta be the single most dumbest idea ever, of course I'm saying this in the least offensive manor I can ... but seriously you should be smacked for thinking such a useless concept. magical coins that do absolutly nothing.

sanity
June 22, 2004, 6:14 am
if you get 100 coins do you turn into a llama? i hope so... [:D]

papasurf31
June 24, 2004, 1:05 am
"U n00b! not llama, platypus! Geez..."

-said the lowly private to the great Inspector Gadget (Nice sig)