( search forums )
I need suggestions or World War Mappack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
FragMonkey
June 22, 2004, 4:47 am
Hey i am FragMonkey and i created the map called Oasis and I am currently working on a new poject. I am working on a map pack of world war 2 maps and i was hoping to have between 4 to 6 maps. I need some suggestions from other people on what battles to include.

Some I should have:

D-Day (Omaha Beach)

the defense and attack of the Ninjmegan Bridge (sry for spelling errors)

The Battle For Berlin

Hopefully Pearl Harbor (will be tough)

the defense of Stalingrad

and whatever ideas you can give me [:D]

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 5:22 am
omaha: done about 921832 times
stalingrad: done pretty well by that one guy
berlin: very very nice setup if someone with tons of skill does it.
pearl harbor: destroyed japanese planes, sinking battleships, giant banannaphone

liquidis x snake
June 22, 2004, 5:50 am
Oh yes... Stalingrad.. that map was awesome. Who made that again?

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 6:19 am
some random nameless noob... it's a shame... XD
i didnt much like the scenery to be honest. make more thought lxs, i miss yer work XD

G2KT
June 22, 2004, 6:31 am
Yeah who was it that made that map o_0

Darac
June 22, 2004, 2:03 pm
my sugestion is dont do it! ww1 and ww2 battles took place in real life, in 3D enviroments! with tanks and planes and ships ect ect ect.... things that arent in soldat. therefor it is hard to impliment a ww map into soldat simply because they are to complexe! trust me iv tryed. and although my map wasnt bad... it wasnt anywhere near my best, and no one got a chance to play it because i had to add so much custom scenery it was hard to get hosted and hard for ppl to get working.... plus you have the added strain of getting bots to work... what kind of war is it unless you have the full 32 players.... and how often do you get 32 players in soldat servers on 3rd party maps... this means bots are essential to te realizim factor of a ww1/2 map. trust when i say, its not worth the effort.

GluLm
June 22, 2004, 2:34 pm
Darac: you sure have a lot of time to waste, don't you?

FragMonkey
June 22, 2004, 8:30 pm
i will think about what u said about it not being worth the efort. but i still wanna come out with a great mappack. Any ideas??????????

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 8:43 pm
movie setups. like predator, the compountd from commando, the forest from first blood, etc.

diregone
June 22, 2004, 8:45 pm
just make a map pack on starwars, I still cant belive no one made a good map on starwars think of all the places you can make a battle

Droopy
June 22, 2004, 9:08 pm
I'll make a Star Wars map!

Thanks for teh idea!

Imagine the attack on the queens ship and stuff like that.
I'll proboably make the iceworld 1. I have enough of jungles for this month...

EDIT: Oh forgot! This has nothin to do with the topic!
Make as many WWII maps I say! The victory against nazis must be celebrated in everyway imaginalble! But there's gona have to be some awfuly good bot's to play against! Or we'll need real nazi's...

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 23, 2004, 12:51 am
I made a pretty good Berlin map a few months ago, but the setting isn't in WWII, but in the Cold war, where the red team must escape over the Berlin wall.

I also made an WWI/II map called OmahaTrench

I just finished a WWI map, ctf_anthill, and that would be out today.

PM me if you want any of those in your mappack, or would like to see them