( search forums )
Remove Rank
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Marine
June 22, 2004, 9:55 pm
Remove the rank, as well as "post count." These 2 devices just tempt people to spam and build up their rank.

Se7enWolf
June 22, 2004, 10:01 pm
Hey, this is improvements for SOLDAT, not the forum! And wouldn't this be considered spam? *opens the flame gates and puts on flame-proof suit*

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 10:01 pm
Remove Marine, as well as his keyboard and mouse. These 3 devices just tempt me to flame and want to kill him.

Marine
June 22, 2004, 10:06 pm
Go ahead, like I give a [:-censored] what a pussified, cowardly 15 year old has to say about me while hiding behind his computer screen.

Noobile
June 22, 2004, 10:09 pm
quote: Remove Marine, as well as his keyboard and mouse. These 3 devices just tempt me to flame and want to kill him.

quote: Go ahead, like I give a what a pussified, cowardly 15 year old has to say about me while hiding behind his computer screen.

I agree with marine for once, go ahead, remove him....

Marine
June 22, 2004, 10:11 pm
quote:These 3 devices just tempt me to flame and want to kill him.

I said go ahead...flame me...

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 10:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marine
Go ahead, like I give a [:-censored] what a pussified, cowardly 15 year old has to say about me while hiding behind his computer screen.

is not call fuking hiding behind a computer screen, i am typing you fool, just like you did when you posted a reply on a forum. If typing in front of a computer screen is call hiding behind it. So be it. and you are hiding from the computer screen too.

and I aint a pussy, if i lived close to you, I would've come down and killed you already, instead of all this talk.

Deleted User
June 22, 2004, 11:05 pm
I might not moderate this forum, but STOP THE BASHING.

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 12:08 am
why remove rank? only the noobs to the forum star-hunt. us old timers might spam, but only cause we got nuthin better to do and such. ranks let us know whos been around longer, so the noobies know who the more important of us are XD

n00bface
June 23, 2004, 2:58 am
no, remove stars and post count, that way people will shut the hell up about spamming..and we can have nice, normal, and civilized conversations.
instead, we should get karma points that other forum members can give (or take) for good posts, like in many nice and civilized forums.

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 3:36 am
well this isnt that civilized most of the time. maybe yer name goes through color changes as you stay longer. that way we know whos been longer (i dont like being a nobody like alot of people in here, i want recognition for all my pointless jibba-jabba!!!)

n00bface
June 23, 2004, 5:38 am
no cuz then people would just spam for color change.....

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 6:06 am
im talking length one has been with forums, and maybe a tiny little ratio of how many posts per day er sumthing. mainly on time. **then people would just sit there for time**
\/|/\|/

palloco
June 23, 2004, 8:32 am
User Name: Marine
[10.9 posts per day]

It seems like u are the only one spamming now. You should leave forums to avoid temptation.

Hitman
June 23, 2004, 6:14 pm
Poo.

Deleted User
June 23, 2004, 6:25 pm
Marine. Remove yourself.

Marine
June 23, 2004, 6:55 pm
quote:It seems like u are the only one spamming now.

That doesn't record how many posts I make each day. Sometimes I'll visit the forum, post 20 posts, and stop there. The next day I might make 1 post or so, then the next day 10, the next day 4, ect. I don't make the same amount of posts every day, silly boy.

quote:ranks let us know whos been around longer

No, it shows who has more time on their hands....

y0da
June 23, 2004, 8:14 pm
Your nuts, right? Aren't you? I think that spam couses post count, not post count spam... On the polish forum about SOLDAT there is no post count... [:-weepn]

Duke33
June 24, 2004, 6:24 am
What's wrong with spam? Just ignore it. The spammers are wasting their time, not yours. No need to get worked up.
As for post count, it doesn't show senority, just how much time someone has on their hands, as Marine said. But...post count doesn't really matter, it doesn't do any harm, and so why do away with it? Its just a little fun, nothing else. People who think that high rank/post count = coolness/whatever are idiots. Just ignore them...

BlackSpear
June 25, 2004, 11:41 am
post count lets you quickly see how mutch the person is or was on the forum, think it's nice to know

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:06 pm
marine only wants it to be removed because he wants to be considered a regular.

sanity
June 25, 2004, 12:16 pm
if someone wants to get their jollies from having a high post count (*cough*N1nj@*cough*) let them... it may be the only thing they have to feel good about themselves.

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:19 pm
The high post count shows you are active and shows the not so regulars that they can count on help by the 'higher' ones. (don't prove me wrong... plz!)

Marine:

quote:LOL OMG WROFL!!!1111 so LIEK once IWUX liek "yo yo mr.. bearded coatman!!1;;" anIIi he quz lieke "COMEIN HURR I gotS CANDY LOL!!!1" and I said T)mokeTY!!!! LOL~~`***

Don't do drugs, they hurt you!

[IMAGE]

EDIT: other pic

Tha Doggfather
June 25, 2004, 12:30 pm
dont try to link to pictures hosted by angelfire, they show your noobness! ;)

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:33 pm
lol right... but at least I see it :(