Ctf_Anthill-Useable Artillaries, Reversed CTF mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
June 23, 2004, 2:28 am
Map name: Ctf_Anthill

Game mode: Reversed CTF

Waypointed: Yes, not smart, but yes

Recommanded Players: 8+

Features: Useable Artillaries with Guidence system, Reversed CTF (Kinda like a duel sided inf game) mode, Defensive chokepoints.

Story: During WWI, a division of the french army were ordered to attack and capture the Anthill, which was considered to be a Suidide mission. On the day of the attack, the French army retreated after they've suffered heavy losses before they even reached the foothills. To punish them, the higher generals ordered the excution of 3 innocent soldiers. Now, it is your turn to take the Anthill, can you defeat the Soviets, and claim the Anthill for the french???

Since this is Ctf, the map is more or less mirrored on each side. so I'm only going to post one side of the map, since the other side is almost exactly the same.

Overview Picture (Only 1/3 or map shown)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview.jpg126.55 KB

Artillary Gun

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Artillarygun.jpg29.47 KB

The red base, also equiped with Artillary and Stat. gun

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Redbase.jpg49.28 KB

The forest before the barren wasteland trenches

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Forest.jpg30.8 KB

No man's land

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Trench.jpg26.69 KB

The Anthill, equipped with 2 stat. guns

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Anthill.jpg25.23 KB

The middle bunker, equipped with 2 Stat. guns, 2 Artillary guns, and Auto regeneration inside.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Bunker.jpg25.56 KB

The abandoned mines that is in the Anthill

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Underbridge.jpg27.58 KB

The Bunker used to be for dropping down to the mines

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Underbunker.jpg38.42 KB

The supports that held on to the bridges have worn out, you must jump across from rocks to get across

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Underground middle.jpg30.78 KB

Finally, here is the map itself:
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=omapinfo&map_name=Anthill

I have opened a server at 6:30, named ILOA server, come and try out the map! Anyways, feel free to post any comments or suggestions, since this might not be the final version.

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 2:32 am
hmm...alot of different scenery from different maps...doesnt quite look that good buddy. but good job anyways! hope gameplay pwnts

FragMonkey
June 23, 2004, 2:35 am
dude i cant wait to freakin download it... i have been waiting a while for this it looks freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FragMonkey
June 23, 2004, 3:11 am
ummm.. how the hell do u operate the artillery??

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 3:30 am
stand in the poly and throw a nade. dont double post untill yer a leutenant

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 23, 2004, 4:17 am
Yeah, I found that the best way to throw one is to stand on the edge of one, if you use my crosshairs, I'll most likely reach the target.

peemonkey
June 23, 2004, 4:25 am
i made a circle with artiullery once that no matter where you were, youd get hit. ther were also some stat guns, so it was like, get to the triangle or pay.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 23, 2004, 4:33 am
*Doesn't get it* can you show me the map?

GluLm
June 23, 2004, 11:35 pm
You've used quite a lot of scenery-gfx from other maps, and you have not even given credits!
Also you could at least give credits to chakapoko_maker for the original artillery idea! :/

Add some documentation with your map, it seems that some smart players don't understand how to use the artillery polygons at first...
On the other hand, the maps doesn't look too bad.
I think it needs more jetpack fuel. either that or I didn't understand the purpose of the map... that would be coherent since the french couldn't claim the anthill. ;)
Finally, the waypoints suck.
Good job.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 24, 2004, 1:58 am
oh yes, I didn't remember to give credit on this topic, although, i did give credit on my other topic, the sneak preview one. Anyways, I'll give credit again here, thx Chakapoko_maker, Tha Doggfather, and LXS for those awsome scenaries.

I'll just post here how to use an Artillary:

1. Stand near a yellow Polygon (The best spot I've found is when your soldat is half inside the polygon.

2. Throw granade (It should reach the spot it is designated to if you use those crosshairs i made.

3. Restock on Nades, Repeat, and have fun.

As for the reason for such tiny jetfuel, i was hoping to make this map realistic style, and to make it so that each side cannot use paths that are supposed to be used by the other side.

Yeah, the waypoints suck alot, but then, it is unavoidable, since this is Reverse CTF

June 24, 2004, 10:32 pm
I think you should make a demo for those who still don't get it.
I get it, I'm not a dumbass!

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 25, 2004, 1:06 am
ok, but then, you'll have to download my map if you want to see it. Consider it a "Watch then Play" Package, I'll do it soon

Droopy
June 25, 2004, 5:42 pm
I like your maps!

They have trenches... And I like trenches and the world war maps... Aspecialy those with trenches! Couse I like trenches... And the WW maps.. With trenches..

hmmm... Trenches!

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 25, 2004, 11:44 pm
all my maps have trenches, its my style :P Droopy, if you want to play with me sometimes, go on MSN, I added you to my list. We play actual Trenches wars on my maps, fun fun.

SigHunter
June 26, 2004, 11:01 am
map looks quite nice :D

Droopy
June 26, 2004, 12:46 pm
I'll make a WW! map since we dont have any... At least I think we dont...

sativa
June 26, 2004, 12:53 pm
this is a nice map I'll try it later

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 27, 2004, 7:56 am
Droopy.....this map IS a WWI map, Why else would French fight the Soviets?

GluLm
June 27, 2004, 10:35 pm
Leo, I think you're stupid. Period.
:)

No.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 28, 2004, 11:51 am
Was I wrong? I wasn't really listening when i was in World History class lol....the teacher never lectured, we just watched movies all the time...don't hate me because the American education system is too loose and free

GluLm
June 28, 2004, 9:09 pm
Nice reply, I like you now.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 28, 2004, 10:41 pm
Thats great GluLm, i like you too now.

peemonkey
June 28, 2004, 11:36 pm
american education is bull[:-censored]. i got out at 16 by taking a test that was as hard as jello. it's kinda useless having trench-warfare, because of the weapons.(assumingthere's no jet boots) and the jumping. you can jump REALLY high, and bomb with an M79, and youve got a new trench. plus it's 2D, thus you can only really have 1 guy per trench that can fire. but do it anyway!! XD make a map full of trenches with like, 5 underground tunnels and such!! XD

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 29, 2004, 1:03 am
really, the Anthill map has a really good Trench system, there is absolutly no way you can directly shoot at anyone without exposing yourself. You could always lob shots, but you can't do that with the barret, and by the time you lob a shot of M79, any respectable soldat player would have gotten out of the area of fire by now.

AWH_ReApEr
July 4, 2004, 3:24 am
Ummmm... is it just me, or does the download not work?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 4, 2004, 11:59 pm
yeah, the SML page accidentally deleted my map from their database, I'll resubmit it soon and post a new link.

Unlucky 13
July 5, 2004, 5:16 am
that sounds good, cause the map is nice. oh and i think that this map could be less educative, but oh well, its still cool

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2004, 2:01 am
Ok, the link is remade and verified to work, anyone have some more comments?

Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 2:28 pm
The bots dont do anything...

The run up the hill, then back down, then up, then down. The little hill underneath your base.

I tried nading them up and out of it, they run back...

I couldn't even find the enemy base...but I like the fact you implemented some stationary weapons.

FliesLikeABrick
July 11, 2004, 6:05 pm
Be sure to rate the map after you play it for a little bit.
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=omapinfo&map_name=Anthill#rate
enjoy, and feel free to upload your own maps to be rated too.
-Brick

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 11, 2004, 9:08 pm
Actually, that map was supposed to be for humans only, since a reverse ctf map would never ever work right