( search forums )
Grenade damage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Ivan0
June 23, 2004, 9:51 pm
Grenade to the head does not kill, but grenade to the foot does?
How much damage does a grenade actually deal (the manual does not seem to have that)?

Alamo
June 23, 2004, 10:52 pm
head: 50%
feet: 100%

correct me if i'm wrong.
Leave it as it is. Killing with nades would be way too easy. BTW MM said he wouldn't change the weapons anymore.

that fuking sniper
June 23, 2004, 11:54 pm
Grenade directly to head = Instant kill. Nade being walked on, A.K.A directly to the feet = Instant kill. The other locations vary in damage depending on the proximity to the head. If it hits the lower body, but not the feet, it doesnt kill, and deals low damage. If it is to the upper body, almost to the head, but not directly there, it will do much damage but wont kill.

Ivan0
June 24, 2004, 1:24 am
o i see, thanks

BManx2000
June 25, 2004, 2:36 am
Acually, I'm pretty sure a grenade to the head doesn't kill.

BlackSpear
June 25, 2004, 11:20 am
most of the times when i hit someone on the head they still live, just sometimes they'll die (but they also do when they wheren't on the head and wasn't under his foot) but I think that's becouse they already had some dammage but wheren't bleeding yet... don't know for sure... I'll try it out on a afk guy sometime hehe
but if someone walks over your nade it's instand kill idd....

Alamo
June 26, 2004, 4:34 pm
Head-grens don't kill instantly.

wormdundee
June 26, 2004, 10:08 pm
yeh, from what ive seen (and ive seen a lot), grenades dont kill when they hit the head in an actualy game

they probably actually do kill on contact with the head, but, the heads on the little soldats are tiny, so even with a minimal ping, the lag could still affect whether it hit the head or not

but, even if it did hit the head, i dont think it kills

so basically

walk over grenade=dead
hit on head=not dead, but still damages

and the rest of the body varies

maybe michal could come in and give the actual stats

BlackSpear
June 27, 2004, 1:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee
maybe michal could come in and give the actual stats

idd, would be verry cool to know and helpfull, though i find that 1 directly to the head should also be a kill but maybe will make nades too powerfull...

Afkamm
June 27, 2004, 2:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee
but, even if it did hit the head, i dont think it kills

so basically

walk over grenade=dead
hit on head=not dead, but still damages

and the rest of the body varies.

Would wearing a helmet affect the effectiveness of a grenade? ie. Protect the head from the blast.

BManx2000
June 27, 2004, 3:25 pm
If you start a single-player game and throw a grenade at your head, it is easy to see that the grenade only does about 50% damage. It is kinda strange how the part of the soldat that should be the most damaged is actually the least :P (and vice-versa!)

Noobile
June 27, 2004, 6:32 pm
quote: Would wearing a helmet affect the effectiveness of a grenade? ie. Protect the head from the blast.

Not to my experience, no. I belive it was just a way that Michael allows for player differences. Technically speaking, they should. In all reality, they do provide *some* protection from explosions, mainly so that you dont hid your head on somthing, and give yourself a concussion. But in my expereiences in the game, no they provide no extra means of blast, or projectile protection in any way.

BlackSpear
June 27, 2004, 8:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Afkamm
Would wearing a helmet affect the effectiveness of a grenade? ie. Protect the head from the blast.

there was already a thead about this and the helmet doesn't do anything, just nothing. it's a piece of equipment just for show...

SigHunter
June 28, 2004, 12:42 pm
head grenade kills instantly...
what doesnt kill is when they hit u on chest or something
but most time u dont even see where u hit.

BlackSpear
June 28, 2004, 6:08 pm
someone who isn't bleeding at all is verry rarely killed when i trow a grenade to what could be the head so I think you are wrong sighunter...
but feet kill instantly, that's a fact...

Hitman
June 28, 2004, 6:30 pm
If you throw a grenade on the ground, and roll over it, with full health, you don't die.

BlackSpear
June 29, 2004, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
If you throw a grenade on the ground, and roll over it, with full health, you don't die.

becouse it aint directly under the feet

SigHunter
June 30, 2004, 3:12 pm
well, maybe its just a fault of soldat netcode or something, but sometimes a grenade on head kills instantly, or just flys trough you and u are dead 0_o

Unlucky 13
July 2, 2004, 7:22 am
well i dont get any damage sometimes, and i am normally walking. Any ideas?

BlackSpear
July 3, 2004, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13
well i dont get any damage sometimes, and i am normally walking. Any ideas?

it's lag and a VERRY known problem...