( search forums )
soldat is a sport. yes or no
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
scarecrow
June 23, 2004, 10:30 pm
its wierd to say this but i think soldat is a sport.....
its a team.... someone has to win(or draw).. in competition.. with rules...i think you need more physical strength for chess as for soldat(you can even get blesures of soldat!!!!)
so my conclusion is soldat is a sport[:P]

June 23, 2004, 10:34 pm
I believe Soldat isn't a sport... It wasn't last time I checked.

Alamo
June 23, 2004, 10:37 pm
soldat is a game. you should not raise it too high. it's just a game to relax and stuff.

?
June 23, 2004, 11:44 pm
Sport = physical activity, if you think soldat is a sport then your an idiot

Hitman
June 23, 2004, 11:53 pm
I agree.

AerialAssault
June 23, 2004, 11:54 pm
physical activity is evil

wert21
June 24, 2004, 12:03 am
Is not a sport, only fingers are active...and a little part of brain.

that fuking sniper
June 24, 2004, 12:04 am
Soldat isnt a sport. Its a religion.

Chakra
June 24, 2004, 1:00 am
..so....whats the difference between sport and a game?

Ivan0
June 24, 2004, 1:26 am
soldat is an obscession

Dathker
June 24, 2004, 3:15 am
soldat is a sport if that sitting in front of computer is called anerobic/aerobic exersize, in that case then soldat is my favorit sport :) and (CS btw)

DrocK
June 24, 2004, 4:34 am
Soldat is an addicting 2d game that u cant just leave it or quit it [:P] but u actually need to use ur head to play this game.. its like chess... you need to think and what to do in every single move you do
heh

Se7enWolf
June 24, 2004, 4:44 am
Soldat is merely a game, or a workout for your fingers, believe me, I set the keys a far stretch apart (Now I wonder how I play bass so well...)

Duke33
June 24, 2004, 6:05 am
Soldat is a computer game, sports are a physical workout. Both are fun, but there's a difference.

BMF
June 24, 2004, 6:38 am
Yes

Chess = Soldat = Golf = Billiards = no physical activity = game = Sport

that fuking sniper
June 24, 2004, 8:37 am
-"So, TFS, do you play sports alot?"
-"Yes, I do, I play Soldat all the time."

Give me a [:-censored]ing break.

AerialAssault
June 24, 2004, 8:41 am
bmf is already a retired moderator? whats it been, 2 months?

Drama
June 24, 2004, 12:11 pm
its kinda sport but its kinda not, so its sportgame

scarecrow
June 24, 2004, 1:12 pm
i know it isnt normal to see a this like a sport, but what is the difference???
i mean chess is a game too.....a sport dont has to be for prestations its for fun and the most people who do a sport do that for fun and not for prestation.
i know.. in your mind its no sport but you only have to change your mind to think it :P :P.
if someone learned you it was a sport you'll believe it.

sanity
June 24, 2004, 1:33 pm
it aint a damn sport. cricket, basketball, football.. those are sports. not soldat, its a COMPUTER GAME. sports are physical activities, with soldat you are sitting in front of a pc moving your hands/fingers a little. get a clue man..
quote:if someone learned you it was a sport you'll believe it.
if someone learned you some good english, (ie. the definition of sport: [URL]) we wouldnt have this stupid topic.

DeMonIc
June 24, 2004, 1:36 pm
quote:Soldat isnt a sport. Its a religion.

Oh yes... pray to Michal!

MisterX
June 24, 2004, 5:34 pm
It's not a sport if you want to call it a sport because of the physical activity. But it's a sport in the way that it needs much teamwork and such things. I don't think sport has to do with physical activity, but still it doesn't have to do with teamwork and such things, too. And well, why is it called "electronic sports", if sports only mean physical activity? And why is chess a sport then? So I'd say, yes, it's an e-Sport.

SuperKill
June 24, 2004, 5:49 pm
its not a sport neither a sports game.
if you call pressing keys with your fingers and moving the mouse with your hand a physical activity, well you're an idiot and its still not a sport.

Kazuki
June 24, 2004, 6:06 pm
Yes.. Soldat is a sport... *picks up his gun* It's hunting season.

Marine
June 24, 2004, 8:18 pm
quote:And why is chess a sport then?

Chess isn't a sport, its a game. There is a difference between games, sports, and activities.

i.e, chess and Risk are games; soccer and football are sports; fishing and mountain climbing are activities.

scarecrow
June 24, 2004, 8:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marine
quote:And why is chess a sport then?

Chess isn't a sport, its a game. There is a difference between games, sports, and activities.

i.e, chess and Risk are games; soccer and football are sports; fishing and mountain climbing are activities.

chess and fishing are sports....... they dont look like it but they are and soldat doesnt look like a sport but i want it to be a sport too

Alamo
June 24, 2004, 9:50 pm
Soldat can't be a sport.
Sports = good for the body
Drugs = addicting = bad for the body
Soldat = addicting = bad for the body
It's the total opposite!

sativa
June 24, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
Soldat isnt a sport. Its a religion.

I agree tfs you are my main man btw do you like apocalyptica, sodom, sirenia, etz.

Roy
June 24, 2004, 10:58 pm
You might get away with calling it an electronic sport, but putting it alongside physical sports like baseball and stuff is probably wrong.

Marine
June 24, 2004, 10:59 pm
quote:chess and fishing are sports....... they dont look like it but they are and soldat doesnt look like a sport but i want it to be a sport too

Sport n

1. an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally

Microsoft word definiton. Chess does not include physical exertion, and nor does fishing (well, it depends on what your trying to catch).

Soldat is not and never will be a sport.

Noobile
June 24, 2004, 11:17 pm
quote:Sport n

1. an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally

sorry to prove you wrong yet again, Marine, but chess does, infact require skill, fishing ( albeit grudgingly) also requires skill, what skill that is, I'll probably never know, nor care to know. Soldat is Governed by a set of rules, such as if you get hit by a bullet, you lose health. granted, it only physically causes exertion on your ocular, carpel, metacarpel and, phalangeal tendons, it causes stress like other physical activities, your pulse increases, your respitory rate increases, your pupils dialate. while technically it isnt accepted as a sport, it does fit the definition of one.

Kazuki
June 24, 2004, 11:44 pm
Very good points, however, it does not meet the full definition, and therefore has not earned the right to be called a sport. :) Games are also governed by a set of rules, and the require skill, however they do not fully meet the definition of a sport, and the two are very, very close, hence the confusion.

Edit: Why, yes Mr. Noticability, I did use too many commas.

BlackSpear
June 25, 2004, 11:05 am
why haven't anyone heard saying this???
what makes soldat a sport and every other game not?
so if soldat is a sport almost all game should be called a sport...
gaming by it self would be a sport!

sanity
June 25, 2004, 11:50 am
i wish i could have played soldat instead of sport at school...

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:04 pm
Yeah I would have about 15 points rather than 7 :/

scarecrow
June 25, 2004, 5:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile

sorry to prove you wrong yet again, Marine, but chess does, infact require skill, fishing ( albeit grudgingly) also requires skill, what skill that is, I'll probably never know, nor care to know. Soldat is Governed by a set of rules, such as if you get hit by a bullet, you lose health. granted, it only physically causes exertion on your ocular, carpel, metacarpel and, phalangeal tendons, it causes stress like other physical activities, your pulse increases, your respitory rate increases, your pupils dialate. while technically it isnt accepted as a sport, it does fit the definition of one.

totaly agree!!![^]

June 25, 2004, 6:58 pm
So this is what raises the average weight of people... I personally don't see anything wrong with exercise, in fact I enjoy several sports/activities (Tennis, cycling, and squash to name a few). Soldat is more than a game though. I would call it a hobby...

wormdundee
June 26, 2004, 6:10 pm
calling soldat a sport is going way too far

and yes, chess is technically a sport, but you dont hear a conversation like:

"Played any sports lately?"
"Yeh man, I played 2 hours of chess yesterday, I'm beat!"

its a game, no sport

SuperKill
June 26, 2004, 6:28 pm
also if soldat is a sport, computer action games = sport.
and thats wrong ;S

lieroguy
June 26, 2004, 11:57 pm
I think you guys have established at this point that Soldat is not a sport. Really.

That brings to light a new question, though. Is soldat a game of professional competition? I think it is at this point, mainly because there allready have been CTF leauges and such. Regardless, on that level, it';s generally defined on two terms: Publicly of Economically. Publically meaning it's setablished by the majority that it's a professionally played game. Economically meaning that the good players make money by playing/winning/whatever.

Vigilante
June 27, 2004, 4:14 am
http://www.thecpl.com/league/

Niff
June 27, 2004, 5:28 am
Soldat is a religion.

Silent-Thunder
June 27, 2004, 8:32 am
in South Korea yes.

Element_101
June 27, 2004, 9:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
So this is what raises the average weight of people... I personally don't see anything wrong with exercise, in fact I enjoy several sports/activities (Tennis, cycling, and squash to name a few). Soldat is more than a game though. I would call it a hobby...

If you think exercise is bad then theres something seriously wrong with you, its not good to be a blob on the couch!

Id hope that all people here if able to would play a spot or have a physical activity.

Melba
June 27, 2004, 11:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
quote:Originally posted by Sticky

If you think exercise is bad then theres something seriously wrong with you, its not good to be a blob on the couch!

Id hope that all people here if able to would play a spot or have a physical activity.

wOOt?
did u even read what you just quoted?

wormdundee
June 27, 2004, 6:48 pm
yehhhh...Sticky said he didnt find anything wrong with exercise, and he enjoyed exercise

so, dont really know what you read elememt :P

kilroy1501
June 27, 2004, 9:40 pm
seriously, who cares its fun. Leave it at that[:-irked]

SigHunter
June 27, 2004, 10:14 pm
if chess is a sport, then soldat is one too :P
but i dont think chess is realy a sport 0o
just thinking and no physical activity
btw sport sux
/me mad eeeeevil experiences with sport
hooohooohoooo omg my head still hurts of the
flying 5 kg iron ball 2 years ago 0_o

Alamo
June 28, 2004, 1:34 am
I hate sports. At least in school. My teacher gave me 7pt (bad C; bad 3) because i don't have breasts -.-

Cookie.
June 28, 2004, 2:31 am
lmao at alamo

soldat= game
chess= game
car racing=?i dont know! i car racing isnt a sport?
foosball= the best sport ever lol
hockey= sport

BlackSpear
June 28, 2004, 5:56 pm
everyone keeps saying why soldat should be a sport becouse there are other things that are lamer and as unsportlike as soldat that ARE being called a sport. instead give me some motivations why soldat should be a sport instead of all those other games in the world... I agree, soldat is verry good and has unique gameplay, but it's still a computer game like every other game in the world...

June 28, 2004, 6:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.
lmao at alamo

soldat= game
chess= game
car racing=?i dont know! i car racing isnt a sport?
foosball= the best sport ever lol
hockey= sport

Sorry to break the news to you, but foosball isn't a sport, although I hear you like to give your wrists a good work out, if you know what I mean...

Marine
June 28, 2004, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile

Hehe, good points. I guess I misread the definition. I thought it said "activity involving physical exertion AND skill" my bad.

But yea, I think (and hope) the poster of this thread meant it as a joke.....

Veronica
June 29, 2004, 12:11 am
I wouldn't count playing Soldat as playing a sport. Nope never, never ever. No skill required at all... ;p

Weed
June 29, 2004, 6:27 pm
why the bloody [:-censored] would you think a pc game is sport?
what the [:-censored] did you drink?
even giving the slightiest reason why you think it is proves that you are:
1) retarded
2) too stupid/fat/coward to play real sports
3) a lazy fat ass
4) all answers are correct.

i cant believe how much bull[:-censored] people can think of...

Ivan0
June 29, 2004, 6:57 pm
Dont listen to weed, he is just pissed cos International Olympic Committee refused to enlist Synchronous Mastrubation as a real sport. Dont cry weed, everything will be all right; go jerk off some more instead of flaming in every single post.

palloco
June 29, 2004, 7:18 pm
Ivan0, we already know you are a stupid trying to mkae us think it was Internet which made you stupid. Now go back to ur hole again.

Ivan0
June 29, 2004, 7:29 pm
Take your own advice, "mkae"

palloco
June 29, 2004, 7:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ivan0
Mastrubation

Ivan0
June 29, 2004, 7:47 pm
Touche :)

The point is: scarecrow made a perfectly legitimate post. He simply asked for people's oppinion, but got flamed by weed. Nuff said

palloco
June 29, 2004, 8:28 pm
Weed gave his oppinion as Scarecrow requested.

Weed
June 29, 2004, 9:08 pm
Ivan0, i dont remember asking you for permission to post my opinion, heck, i dont remember giving you permition to say my name.
so why dont you go back to your hole?
if masturbation was a sport, you wouldnt even qualify for the junior team. get it, shorty?

Ivan0
June 30, 2004, 4:33 am
Weed if you sucked anymore you'd be inhaling your own [:-censored]

Weed
June 30, 2004, 8:23 am
i would if you wouldnt eat my [:-censored] first

Ivan0
June 30, 2004, 8:57 am
tell you what, you stop the spontaneous flaming and your god will see to your human waste disposal problems

b00stA
June 30, 2004, 11:14 am
(moved to Bash pit)

Hooray..

dadarkman
June 30, 2004, 6:50 pm
a sport? it is a f*cking adiction

Weed
June 30, 2004, 11:43 pm
i am god, and you will be going to heaven soon if you dont show some respect
got it? EH ?

dadarkman
July 1, 2004, 6:38 pm
me?

Marine
July 1, 2004, 10:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
i am god, and you will be going to heaven soon if you dont show some respect
got it? EH ?

Wouldn't he be going to hell? [:P]

Keinonen
July 2, 2004, 2:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
why the bloody [:-censored] would you think a pc game is sport?
what the [:-censored] did you drink?
even giving the slightiest reason why you think it is proves that you are:
1) retarded
2) too stupid/fat/coward to play real sports
3) a lazy fat ass
4) all answers are correct.

i cant believe how much bull[:-censored] people can think of...

Everything went fine until that post...
If flaming and whining in the forums & servers are sport or shooting a head off with a sniper in 50 cm distance´, then yes, soldat is sport