( search forums )
Conquest mode!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
June 24, 2004, 1:01 am
Based of of CTF mode, maps could be created where each team would spawn and respawn right next to their opponents flag. This way, they would almost have constant control over it. The problem is now getting back to your own flag, which will be in the possesion of the enemy team. The map would probably have only 1 or 2 ways to get from base to base and is best played with realsitic mode on. Also a form of survival mode where you only respawn if someone scores a flag or everyone dies somehow and you all respawn. or, just with a high set respawn time. This would put strong emphasis on being more careful with your life, prioritzing protection of the flag bearer, and more on teamwork. The enemy team will not be able to tell who the flag bearer is although your own team can, thus adding strategy elements to the game. Also, you would have to divide your team between who wll defend the flag bearer and who will go hunting for the enemy. Grouping your entire team together would be easy target for a nader and to far apart would destroy the effects of covering each others backs, since you can't see Each others backs.

Obviously, this would be rather difficult to program into bots so this mode would be mucch better suited playing with humans who are also familiar with the game mode.

Post changes, ideas, and anything at all relating to this. Possible maps are also most welcome. No flamez plz.

Marine
June 24, 2004, 1:15 am
eeeh....interesting, i like it. Mostly the starting at your enemies flag concept.

Blackdeath
June 24, 2004, 3:41 am
Sorry dude but I have had a map like this for like the past 6 months it's called ctf_vietminh and if I new how to do images in the forum I would show you.

Vigilante
June 24, 2004, 4:54 am
There are a few maps like that which most people call "reversed CTF"

papasurf31
June 24, 2004, 4:09 pm
Reversed Ctf it is, and Blackdeath, to put up images, when u reply to a post, there is a small button that says insert images. Simply browse for the image you wish to insert and click upload. It will take all of 5 seconds even on dial up, as long as the pic is either jpeg or gif, not bitmap, K?

BTW - this doesn't work unless you click on "reply to topic" as the insert image button is not available in the quck reply menu.

Marine - dude, you like reply to everything I say...wow...*cough* no life *cough*
Jk, dude, u rok

DeepII
June 24, 2004, 4:20 pm
Hum...I don't know...I don't like it.

And: it's an idea from UT2k4. There's a map called "CTF-1on1-Joust". There are 2 players, everyone spawns at the enemy flag. Then they have to walk like 15m to their own flag. Most fun in "Instagib CTF" (new in patch 3236...I think it's out since 3 days or something like that).
I never liked this map.

So, in my opinion, the idea is crap.

Marine
June 24, 2004, 8:02 pm
quote:Marine - dude, you like reply to everything I say...wow...*cough* no life *cough*
Jk, dude, u rok

=)

Svirin Kerath
June 25, 2004, 5:37 am
on a related note, i like your sig, marine. brings back memories of the MSN chatrooms...

erm, i like the idea, especially the part about adding strategy.. it would make it more challenging and fun!! ^_^

Snipedmyself
June 25, 2004, 6:53 am
tere r alot of reverse ctf, but they all never get finished cos no1 likes waypointing

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 8:11 pm
that whould be cool!!! instead of preventing them to return to their flag you try to stop them from going further to their flag!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2004, 10:06 pm
I made a Reversed CTF map, Ctf_Anthill, and realised that the bot waypoints would be almost impossible to make correctly, you can find my map at the 1st or 2nd page of the New maps section.