( search forums )
SOLDAT MAY GO TP PCG!!! (PC Gamer)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Krios
June 24, 2004, 2:17 am
Guess what guys, I send in a letter to PCG and told them to review Soldat or atleast a small one. This is so cool is gonna be in PCG. YAY>>>>>>can't wait till next months PCG. Every one look for it.:D
[:D]

Hektik Sniper
June 24, 2004, 9:13 am
yay? im sure the folks at PCG will review a game based on one person *cough* it would take a lot more for them to take time out and review it.

edit - also imagine what they would think. They go into a server and get owned by 9 barretards. Hardly gonna look good ;)

Hitman
June 24, 2004, 11:00 am
I sent an e-mail to some PC mag in the UK about Soldat, never got a reply..

Roy
June 24, 2004, 10:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Krios
Guess what guys, I send in a letter to PCG and told them to review Soldat or atleast a small one. This is so cool is gonna be in PCG. YAY>>>>>>can't wait till next months PCG. Every one look for it.:D
[:D]

Holy [:-censored] this is dumb on so many levels... I'm sorry.

?
June 24, 2004, 11:29 pm
Next month soldat will appear in SLAP the skateboard magazine!

Toni_Cicerelli
June 24, 2004, 11:44 pm
We could all send an e-mail. Im sure they would eventually give it a look. Set up a server in a nice controlled environment.

Kazuki
June 24, 2004, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper
yay? im sure the folks at PCG will review a game based on one person *cough* it would take a lot more for them to take time out and review it.

If one person created the game, then the more impressive it would be when they see the community he has created. The fact that Michal was the only creator (with SOME help) of Soldat isn't necessarily a bad thing. Personally, I think that I'd be more impressed if I saw Soldat created by one person, rather than a more capable company.

wormdundee
June 25, 2004, 2:18 am
kaz, you misunderstood what he was saying

he meant that PCG wouldnt put in a review just because 1 person told them to

Krios
June 25, 2004, 3:23 am
ok fine every 1 who reads this 'new topic', send a e-mail to letters@pcgamer.com. ok? Every 1 needs too know about this. I ve allready sent 5 e-mails to PCG. Remember, send your soldat recomendations to letters@pcgamer.com. Oh and about that barrettard thing i think that might be true, but i told them what to expect when they went on a server.

Duke33
June 25, 2004, 6:01 am
Firstly, spamming their inbox with 5 emails from the same person isn't going to achieve anything.

Still, getting in the magazine would be a good thing for soldat. There's no harm sending an email bringing it to their attention. Perhaps someone with a little spare time can find a magazine more focused towards freeware games, and we could talk to them too. Who knows? Just don't expect anything...

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 11:03 am
I sent a mail to a german gaming mag (Screenfun) and they told me that Soldat is too violent for their age group. Here in germany there are limitations like 6 years, 12 years, 16 years, 18 years. They wanted to keep the crappy 12 year limit.

Krios
June 26, 2004, 12:08 am
Yeah guys just send the e-mails once you c this topic, the more the better.[:D]

Krios
June 26, 2004, 12:10 am
Oh and Roy ur a [:-censored]ing idiot.

sativa
June 26, 2004, 12:29 pm
I'm gonna send a mail to games.telenet.be they showed soldat on tv as the first ever, and they havent reviewed it but they sayd it was a good game specially for lan party's so i think they will review it or atleast on their website

Toumaz
June 29, 2004, 3:38 pm
I shall see if I can get a swedish magazine to review it... or at least put on CD...

DT
June 30, 2004, 2:29 am
well if soldat is shown on a magazine or something you know what that means....
More people, more newbies, more jack asses, and more hackers.

LyCx
June 30, 2004, 7:22 am
I originally found soldat in a magazine. I think it was pc user australia

Subslider
June 30, 2004, 1:39 pm
thats what he said.. more n00bs..

?
June 30, 2004, 4:21 pm
NEWS FLASH! An article about soldat with appear in the next Ebony magazine, check it out.

June 30, 2004, 6:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DT
well if soldat is shown on a magazine or something you know what that means....
More people, more newbies, more jack asses, and more hackers.

Nothing wrong with a few newbies... Although it's a good point.

alimobeer2
June 30, 2004, 7:42 pm
o wow were spamming magazines well wont they jus get relly pissed and do sum thing irational? an besides the more we badger the less there gonna care about one game out of a billion others so what is the point in pissing them off with spam one email is fine or a letter.

mar77a
July 12, 2005, 11:44 pm
Good job

FliesLikeABrick
July 13, 2005, 1:06 am
great, two threads that link back to eachother