( search forums )
My very first map (i hope its ok)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DragonSlayer989
June 24, 2004, 6:31 am
ok, this is my very first map for soldat
i didnt do any shading really (well like 10 polygons lol) and i made an attempt, ATTEMPT to make bot paths but they sometimes get stuck

its nothing really special i just wanted your guys' opinon on it

screenys below

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pic1.JPG30.18 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pic2.JPG
26.3 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pic3.JPG26.19 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pic4.JPG22.65 KB

EDIT: sorry for some reason pic 2 and 3 are the same file??

Vigilante
June 24, 2004, 6:33 am
Well, the overview is horrendous (I mean that in the best way possible) but it does look like a cool and interesting map. Can you upload it anywhere so I can play?

DragonSlayer989
June 24, 2004, 6:40 am
yeah heres a link for it
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon2/evil989/elevation.zip

i'm not much of a miracle worker when it comes to things on computers, and i think thats what my map needs, heh

oh well i asked for your opinion and i guess thats what ill get! [:P]

Droopy
June 24, 2004, 8:35 am
hmmmm....

I like it!

DL!

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 24, 2004, 9:54 am
yeah it has everthing put together looks like a puzzle

paramud
June 24, 2004, 10:27 am
gah! angelfire has betrayed me again! i cant d/l please email it to me

grand_diablo
June 24, 2004, 11:00 am
Hey, i really like how the map is build. If you now add some proper shading and more (custom) scenery, This will be a really good map.

DragonSlayer989
June 24, 2004, 4:15 pm
thanks so much for the positive feedback you guys, at first i though it was a bad forst map, but when i look at it its not really that bad now

and i will make my own scenery and fix a few more things too if i get the time

but for this map i think i will leave unshaded (some things with too many little overlapping polygons are probably left better that way)

and btw, (plz dont flame lol) can anyone give me any tips on shading? like should i group the colored verticies together next time? just lookin for advice from anyone with experience!

thanks guys!

NON-RELATED: hey where did you guys get your lol siggies? is it possible i can get one made of make one myself? im new so i dont want to be flamed if i try to make my own and im not supposed to or something

Alamo
June 24, 2004, 9:31 pm
i think that map looks like a bad done Jump'n'Run-Level...

DragonSlayer989
June 25, 2004, 7:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
i think that map looks like a bad done Jump'n'Run-Level...

comon its my first map [xx(] give me a layout of what a good map is and ill try to make it like that, it cant be a great map without great ideas [;)]

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:40 am
Arena is a good map. Take the official maps for reference or the early maps of grand_diablo.

June 25, 2004, 4:38 pm
Try not to run before you can walk. Keep your first few maps small and simple, and waypoint and shade them so you can get the hang of it before you start large mapping projects. Oh, and with your first few maps, you don't need to be original. Go nuts with jungles!

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 26, 2004, 7:56 am
Yeah! Jungles are fun! Or, you can make tunnel maps, those are pretty easy to make too, or Omaha....opps, no, nevermind, don't make those, or seriously, we'll burn you to a crisp (Unless you do a really really really good one that is)