( search forums )
Taunts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
?
June 24, 2004, 11:15 pm
I think it would be neat for taunts to appear instantly to the game ex: push atl+r and the taunt pops up, no need for quick hands to the enter key.. it would be great if someone could make an app for this but i am not sure anyone could

Noobile
June 24, 2004, 11:20 pm
You can bind certian taunts to certian key functions.... example
for me.. it's
alt+a : "how are you gentlemen?"
alt+s : "all your base are belong to us"
alt+d : " you have no chance to survive, make your time"
alt+f : " HA HA HA"

dumb, I know, but makes me laugh

?
June 24, 2004, 11:25 pm
I know guy.. I am talking about taunts already set.. you jsut push atl+the key you want and the taunt you chose is shot into the game text without pressing enter, just making it a litter easier for in-game action

Noobile
June 25, 2004, 12:03 am
well....um.... if you put your mouse reeeealy close to the right side of your keyboard, you can use your thumb to hit the "enter" key on the number pad, unless you ( like me) have a 5 button mouse,( well, 4 button and a wheel ) and have the keys all bound to somthing within the game....I dunno, it makes sense to me...

N1nj@
June 25, 2004, 12:15 am
is faster this way...but easier for spammage...and this is where the /mute functions come in...and then the mic chat...and then net code...HAHA, got to love the chain reaction!

kevith
June 25, 2004, 12:19 am
I like this idea except for the fact that I miss every once in awhile and say the wrong taunt. I usually hit enter before I notice anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Dathker
June 25, 2004, 2:35 am
hahha i still think its good

Snipedmyself
June 25, 2004, 6:50 am
What if u have like "enemanie flagger r up" and such and u push the wrong 1?

DeMonIc
June 25, 2004, 8:47 am
Good idea..but.. I would like to add one thing here...
bind in
/kill
And woila, u are unfraggable.

?
June 26, 2004, 1:05 am
think someone could jsut make an app for this?

DeMonIc
June 26, 2004, 10:54 am
Eh..didn't j00 get me?
Even with an app, that would be cheatin!ENEMIES WONT GET POINTS FOR KILLIN J00!!Doh!
As much as would this help, it would ruin teh game in the same amount!!!

blan
June 27, 2004, 3:44 am
love this idea. I think Ive suggested it before. It would be even better if you only had to press a key. Such as y=yes, t=some taunt u set up. Without having to press Alt at all.

N1nj@
June 27, 2004, 3:51 am
that wouldn't work...what if you bind y to chat, and t to teamchat...?

wormdundee
June 27, 2004, 5:30 am
having just a plain old button with no alt needed works perfectly fine in tons of games

soldat doesnt really have that many buttons to bind, its not like its gonna take up your entire keyboard

so you can use as many as you want for taunts, it works nicely in Jedi Academy

Malevolent Matt
June 27, 2004, 6:26 am
first of KYUBUI KIKS A$$ AND INUYASHA RULES.... and that this idea is a great one... but all you have to do is memorise your taunts

Silent-Thunder
June 27, 2004, 8:37 am
still reckon it should have recorded voice taunts such as "pwned"

DeMonIc
June 27, 2004, 11:14 am
Aw man..
U don't get what I'm saying don't you?
If u bind in /kill for eg. k, noone will get points for killin u, cause u suicide before u are killed!!!!FFS

n00bface
June 27, 2004, 11:16 am
Malevolent Matt, try reading a little harder...

Afkamm
June 27, 2004, 6:58 pm
A keyboard macro program is probably what you're after. You'd record certain key presses and then when the program detects them, it'll out put your reply. ie. Pressing "ALT+a" would cause the program to return "tcome get me loser!<returnkey>". Notice the t at the beginning which would open the say input line.

I've looked around and can't really see one that I like, I do know that if you have a joystick with lots of buttons then it probably comes with software to map them all. :)

Niff
June 28, 2004, 5:01 am
I found an idea when it's 2v2 CTF or whatever. Open MSN, open audio chat, and minimise the window while playing Soldat. Then you can talk as much as you want with a mic.

?
June 28, 2004, 3:24 pm
Yeah thats cool and all Niff but I am talking in 5v5 or 4v4 servers, if you make a symbol or something appear bedore the test like ~ or - you can't do any / commands, that would solve the /kill problem.

Marine
June 28, 2004, 8:11 pm
Good idea =)

Toumaz
June 29, 2004, 5:00 pm
I don't really like this idea, but if it's going to be an app, then I'm up for it.