( search forums )
it's NOT a speed hack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
morpheus
June 24, 2004, 11:51 pm
i was practicing some moves with the m79 earlier, doing the jumps, and every time i'd go zooming away some noob would start yelling "speed hack speed hack." well, it's NOT a speed hack. the force from the explosion pushes you and gives you extra speed.

EDIT: i'll just add in the other ways this can happen for those who don't know.

there's other ways this can happen.

the explosion from a nade has the same effect as an m79 explosion.

shooting an admin on some servers has this effect, also. he's being "pushed" by your shots. it's a bug, so deal with it.

shooting an opponant can sometimes cause them to be pushed. not really sure if this is a bug or just a lag effect, or maybe both. nonetheless, it does happen. i've been shot plenty of times with an auto or a spas and been "pushed" and given extra speed.

major lag can cause you to warp, giving some type of speed hack effect.

connection problems can cause you to seem to have a sudden burst of speed. on your end, you freeze in one place. when you unfreeze, sometimes you can suddenly end up several inches away from where you originally were. to your opponant this can look like a momentary speed hack, but isn't. it's just the client (your computer) trying to get back in sync with the server.

so before you start jumping to conclusions and start yelling accusations or run to report someone for cheating, make sure it really is a cheat. a speed hack is pretty obvious, and it's obvious to everyone on the server, not just one individual.

Milkman Dan
June 25, 2004, 12:27 am
you can tell when its a speed hack when you actually know what to look for

paramud
June 25, 2004, 12:55 am
it could also be caused by having a better internet connection. like DSL against AOL.

wormdundee
June 25, 2004, 2:17 am
AOL isnt an internet connection foo

anyways yeh, people tend to do that also even if your just using the terrain to go super speed

Dathker
June 25, 2004, 2:32 am
yyeah but most people know that aol is 56k

yeah thats an annoying bug

n00bface
June 25, 2004, 3:15 am
AOL does broadband too you stupid noob.
And only newbies or people who are afraid to admit their lag of skill call a 'conker' a speedhacker...Speedhackers are pretty obvious to..spot..

AerialAssault
June 25, 2004, 3:36 am
people tell me im cheating when im beating them

blan
June 25, 2004, 4:26 am
nice to see you morphy :)

Snipedmyself
June 25, 2004, 5:37 am
Whoa, you mean people aren't always hacking?

paramud
June 25, 2004, 6:06 am
i know AOL is a internet connection, i said a BETTER connection... retard

morpheus
June 25, 2004, 6:25 am
blan is my hero

Snipedmyself
June 25, 2004, 6:45 am
!

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself
!

What an intelligent and well argumented post -.-

BlackSpear
June 25, 2004, 10:38 am
only noobs say that, some even said that i'm aimbotting the knife (and every other weapon with angles included in the aiming), :S must be some nifty aimbot then right?
my point is, if they see something what not everyone can do and don't see verry mutch and it's working against them, some just call it a cheater or hacker without even thinking about it, imho everyone who does that should be called a noob :P

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:47 am
I was called a hacker only once when (in my old barrett times) i joined a server, instantly killed 2 people with 2 shots and a third one with a third shot who was out of my field of view. I never was called a speedhacker, but thanks for this post. (maybe stickeh for the newbs?)

sanity
June 25, 2004, 12:00 pm
if someone is lagged (ie. 56k) and a quick player people can mistake it for speedhack.