( search forums )
Scenery Limit?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Vigilante
June 25, 2004, 12:08 am
Is there some sort of limit to the amount of scenary that can be in a map (that is extrmely low for some reason) or is Map Maker just screwed up? It seems like every time I place a new bit of scenery some other random piece gets thrown across the map or deleted. It's wierd, alright.

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:57 am
I heard that after about 200 pieces you can't delete the old ones but i don't know of an issue like the one you are talking about.

Aquarius
June 25, 2004, 11:22 am
255 is the limit.

Meandor
June 25, 2004, 11:56 am
You can override the limit using Meitzi's pro editor, should be somewhere on selfkill. If you feel like converting old map files to new ones, that is.

Vigilante
June 25, 2004, 3:31 pm
Thank you all, I'll check out Meitzi's later today.

edit: mapedit pro doesn't read PMSs?!?![:-weepn] .

June 26, 2004, 4:34 pm
save your map as a .PMP using the official map editor. Now you can load it in proedit. When you've done placing scenery, open the .PMP in the official editor, and save it as a .PMS. Sorted.

Spaßicus
June 26, 2004, 5:36 pm
the scenery-question is the reason i registered here...
i'll try the editor and i'll post my map soon[^]

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 12:22 pm
I tried the editor, Meitzi's. And i get an error right when i load my map.
I erased all the scenery (it was too much) and then the error didn't occur right away, instead when i click, i get the exact same error.

"
Run-time error '9'
Subscript out of range
"

and it closes the program... :S

What can i do about this [?][?][?]

peemonkey
July 9, 2004, 4:50 am
why is there the limit anyway? self-control an issue for michal? it should be abolished...

Deo
August 21, 2004, 7:41 pm
If there really is a scenery limit...it sucks because, I was working hard with one map it looked pretty nice but the most upper way is now without scenery [:(!]

I will try Meitzis's editor