( search forums )
how to load scenery?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
paramud
June 25, 2004, 3:17 am
im a n00b at map maker and was just wondering, how do you load scenery?

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:56 am
1. Try figuring it out yourself
2. Read the manual
3. Read FAQs
4. Ask.

Tab 'Scenery': You choose your scenery in the list and click 'Add to List'. Now you can use it.

Edit: If you want you own scenery: Put it in the Scenery folder and load as described above (Don't forget to include the Scenery with your map.)

paramud
June 25, 2004, 11:57 am
A) the manuel didnt help me.
B) wheres the FAQ?
C) i did ask

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:28 pm
It was a 'manual' for the next time you are asking something. The FAQs are on the main page (www.soldat.pl) It's ok :) Just do as I told you. :) Any questions left?

paramud
June 25, 2004, 2:15 pm
ive read the FAQS, and it didnt help.

b00stA
June 26, 2004, 1:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
Tab 'Scenery': You choose your scenery in the list and click 'Add to List'. Now you can use it.

Edit: If you want you own scenery: Put it in the Scenery folder and load as described above (Don't forget to include the Scenery with your map.)

Scenery files have to be in the Bitmap format (suffix: ".bmp").
They're placed in the \scenery-gfx\ folder.
Transparent pixels have to be "red: 0 green: 255 blue: 0" i.e. as green as it gets ;)

paramud
June 26, 2004, 1:47 pm
let me tell ya this, i CANT load scenery it wont let me. i cant get it to work, need any other explanations. in anyform, i get NOTHING

Alamo
June 26, 2004, 3:50 pm
If it's like that tell us at once -.- Like that i can't help you :(

paramud
July 15, 2004, 5:08 am
could it be because i dont have the full version of soldat?

Blizard_Dragon
July 23, 2004, 10:07 pm
No, even not registered you can load up your scenery.

grand_diablo
July 25, 2004, 4:52 pm
a) Make scenery file with extremegreen working as transparent colour (as b00stA said) and save it as standard windows bmp. Btw. when u draw it, dont use antialiasing or youull get greenish edges as result.

b) save the scenery into the Scenery-gfx folder of Soldat. The filename must be one word and should max contain one underscore _ , otherwise the Mapmaker might not load it. Keep the filename short (dunno whats the max for the MM).

Good filenames (examples): _tree.bmp, the_tree.bmp, tree.bmp, tree_.bmp
Possibly not working: _tree_1.nmp, the tree.bmp, tree 1.bmp, omg a tree.bmp
etc.

Once the files are in "Scenery-gfx" then, start the Mapmaker and they should be in the list. Whenever you put new sceneries into the Sceneryfolder, restart the Mapmaker, as it cant refresh the file list and this "Add to List" thingy is often buggy.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 8, 2004, 9:26 am
well all this is swell and all, but what if there are no scenery objects in ur list to add???
this is a real dushra (like the ball muraliduran chucks) of a problem and i have tried copying the scenery-gfx folder in2 the mapmaker folder AND into the gfx subfolder...nothing

grand_diablo
August 8, 2004, 2:11 pm
If here are Sceneries in Soldat/Scenery-gfx (they must be bmps), the mapmaker (make sure you have the MM 1.2) should show you the list.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 9, 2004, 8:42 am
its ok i got the problem fixed, turns out that map maker needed to be in the soldat directory (installed into it). and for some reason i didnt, its fixed now so i can continue with my map, thx anyway!