( search forums )
New Time Splitters 2 mod sarted!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
FragMonkey
June 25, 2004, 4:23 am
Hey i just started a mod on the popular game called Time Splitters and i will have the weapons all changed and will add maps. Weapon sounds will change too!!!!

I need some ideas on wich weapons to use since the game has tonsof weapons from each time period... i was hoping some1 could give me ideas on this matter by replacing an original soldat weaponm with a new 1 from the game!!!
EXAMPLE:

Steyr Aug = Tommy Gun
M72 Law = Rocket Launcher
Spas 12 = Tactical 12 Gauge
Desert Eagles = Dual Luger Pistol
Baretta = Vintage Rifle
AK 74 = Soviet S47

please help any help will be appreciated!

Haro1121
June 25, 2004, 6:31 am
hrmm i got no idea i dont have time splitters 2 i got number 1 sittin around my house somewere i havent played it in forever

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 10:42 am
quote:Originally posted by FragMonkey
Baretta

My Help: It is called Barrett M82A1.
Barrett is the producer, M82A1 is the type.
You are talking about Beretta. Beretta is also a producer but it doesn't produce the M82A1. It is mostly known for its pistols like the M9 (standard U.S. Army pistol) aka 92FS

sazzam
June 25, 2004, 11:07 am
not the vintage rifle though how bot just the sniper rifle???

Meandor
June 25, 2004, 11:58 am
Don't post if you don't have screens or you're not sure if you're going to finish it U.U

Deleted User
June 25, 2004, 12:10 pm
Yay timesplitters 2 pwns. And yes make it just the sniper rifle. Socom should be silenced pistol. M79 grenade launcher. And if someone did'nt know timesplitters 2 is a game made by old members of Rare who made goldeneye and perfect dark.

Alamo
June 25, 2004, 12:42 pm
I don't like TS2 (got it for Gamecube)

sativa
June 25, 2004, 12:50 pm
lock this up I bet the screens wil not come and this mod will never be finished

cup_of_squirrels
June 25, 2004, 1:32 pm
NO DONT LOCK IT UP. I WANNA SEE THIS TIMEPLITTERS2 MOD. TIMESPLITTERS PWNZ!!!

bucky_brad
June 25, 2004, 7:08 pm
timesplitter was good for the first 2 months then it got really boring... then wait 3 months and its fun for a week, after that its boring for another 3 months... and the cycle continues.

FragMonkey
June 26, 2004, 1:06 am
Dont worry i will not LOCK this mod at all...i will finish it. TS2 is on of my favorite fps games and i think it would make a fun mod. Also could some1 give me suggestions on the maps to use?? I was thinking of making the Mexican Mission with the underground area and the one ice winter level. Ok, i think i will just use the sniper rifle... More posts as i progress. I already started recording the actual weapon sounds from the game

BManx2000
June 26, 2004, 4:43 am
Make sure you change the knife to the brick!

FragMonkey
June 26, 2004, 5:54 am
heygreat idea BManx...i haven't thouht of that...

Shyo
June 27, 2004, 2:22 am
wasnt there dynamite in the game? well you could make the m79 to dynamite :D
I'll look tomorrow, I have it somewhere around here, but its teh late :/

sazzam
June 27, 2004, 5:09 am
theres already a time spitters 2 map that ice one someone made it

papasurf31
June 27, 2004, 12:05 pm
Ur going to have trouble with the interface if your making one coresponding to TS2. The soldat interface maker doesn't do well with curved bars for health and sheild, plus you have a few extra bars to fit into the scheme that might ruin the look and feel of it. Still great idea, but I wanna se screenies!

Deleted User
June 27, 2004, 12:32 pm
Just make m79 the grenade launcher.

FragMonkey
June 28, 2004, 2:44 am
i am not sure if i wanna make a new interface at all... im not very good at it. i will just keep it on default. For the grenades, i could use dynamite or the grenade from the Soviet S47. Is there anything that could replace the chainsaw?? Also, what can replace the FM Minimi???

papasurf31
June 28, 2004, 3:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Make sure you change the knife to the brick!

My Soldat fantasy, stabbing someone with a generic 10 pixel rectangle and/or killing someone from halfway across the screen by throwing said generic 10 pixel rectangle and watching the heads fly. 1337...1337 indeed.

Deleted User
June 28, 2004, 3:57 pm
You know brick was original weapon on timesplitters2 papasurf? Do you?

peemonkey
June 28, 2004, 7:02 pm
it dont gotta be a rectangle, perspective can be added easily.
*______
/______/|
|______|/

papasurf31
June 28, 2004, 9:31 pm
I've played TS2 thru on NGC already. I know there is a whole mode dedicated to the brick weapon where you break windows and such. It just seems so un-soldat tho, having a brick. It almost doesn't qualify as a weapon if it weren't for this mod. but, i guess it fits. It would look kind werid with a stabbing animation so maybe the grenade throw animation could be used for the attack to make it look like a bashing movement.

FragMonkey
June 29, 2004, 2:19 am
ok ill try to do that if i can manage to figure it out. I never really messed with the animations...

peemonkey
June 29, 2004, 3:41 am
well for the stabbing motion it is sorta bashing, but i see yer point. too bad you wont be able to play online unless you cut that part and make it 'weird'
got any pics of yer progress?

papasurf31
June 29, 2004, 2:24 pm
Fragmonkey, in case you don't know, to change animations and make your own, your going to need a POA editor. I think it can be D/L at soldatuniversal and selfkill.com. If you have it already then thats fine.

BManx2000
June 29, 2004, 2:52 pm
I don't think you wanna mess with the important animations, just ones like /victory.