( search forums )
the Search
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
BlackSpear
June 25, 2004, 11:45 am
when is the search going to be fixed?
that is what the forum needs the hardest from all
can you please tell me when and IF you think its going to be fixed?

b00stA
June 25, 2004, 12:57 pm
It works for me.

You just have to limit your search (e.g. subject only, last 120 days).
The smaller the forum, the wider your search can be without timeout.

Melba
June 25, 2004, 1:56 pm
i got this:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/search.asp, line 460

kevith
June 25, 2004, 6:31 pm
Your search timed out. LIMIT YOUR SEARCH!!! It always works for me. Do we need some kind of FAQ or sticky on how to search?

Make sure you search the correct part of the forum, and then just do what b00sta said and limit it to subject only. If you really need to search messages rather than just the subjects, limit the amount of time that it goes back to like 30 days or less. If all else fails, PM me what you're searching for and I'll do it for you. [;)]

Snipedmyself
June 29, 2004, 10:01 pm
Suggestion:
Search a whole part of a forum instead of thew small mitch at one time (arg in your mother!)

kevith
June 30, 2004, 1:58 am
I've thought about that before, but then you'd be almost guaranteed to time out. As long as the search is going to time out, I think we're just going to have to search each section individually.

peemonkey
June 30, 2004, 2:13 am
how to search without timeouts: MANUALLY!!! go back and skim the pages!! it works efficiently, and covers everyhtnig

damnnation
June 30, 2004, 11:28 am
first it dindt work and now it dus don't know how it comes

BlackSpear
July 3, 2004, 12:36 pm
but i'm wondering if it's EVER realy going to work so you can search whatever and how mutch you want without errors as it's supposed to?
and peemonkey, search manualy costs way too mutch time!

SERIAL KILLeR
July 3, 2004, 12:56 pm
Works fine for me. Use "subject only" if ur looking for a specific thread and u know something in the title. It has to search a lot less, so less chance of timeout.

palloco
July 3, 2004, 2:00 pm
The way search works is useless. When are u gonna understand that?