( search forums )
BF1942 style interface.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Afkamm
June 25, 2004, 8:40 pm
Dunno why, but I had the urge to create a Battlefield 1942 interface. I searched and couldn't find one already so to work I went.

I extracted the graphics from the BF1942 files and although the layout isn't a complete match, I did my best to keep the theme, even threw in a British soldier. You don't see the ping graphic in the picture as I was offline, but it's red with a white skull/crossbones on it. :)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] soldat_screen02.jpg25.83 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] soldat_BF1942_interface.rar13.42 KB

I learnt 3 things making this mod.
1)If you want the health/vest/ammo/reload amount graphics vertical, you must make them horizontal and then rotate them 90 degrees in the maker.
2)The text ammo amount (100) is larger in the game than in the maker.
3)Using a display of 1600x1200 makes it really difficult to place the different graphics precisely. hehe :)

I made this for myself, but thought others might like it as well so here it is. :)

June 25, 2004, 9:39 pm
Looks nice. I think you could have done something with the score box though.

Afkamm
June 25, 2004, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
Looks nice. I think you could have done something with the score box though.

I did if you look carefully, sadly however, that image gets a separate transparency applied to it to make it partly see-thru. :(

sativa
June 26, 2004, 9:06 am
looks nice, but i never played bf

bucky_brad
June 26, 2004, 1:20 pm
that looks heaps good ^_^

damnnation
June 26, 2004, 6:40 pm
registered_unregistered ???

sativa
June 26, 2004, 7:05 pm
damnation if u knew anything about soldat u would immediatly see this is registered

damnnation
June 26, 2004, 8:41 pm
i don't know anything about soldat i just play it :D

Afkamm
June 26, 2004, 10:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnation
registered_unregistered ???

What do you mean, whether or not you have to be a registered user to use the BF1942 interface?

Read the Soldat manual. ;-P

Droopy
June 30, 2004, 12:03 pm
Nice! I like it!

To bad the pic doesnt change when you go prone or duck..

Afkamm
July 1, 2004, 2:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
Nice! I like it!

To bad the pic doesnt change when you go prone or duck..

The interface isn't coded for that as it's a 2D game and you can see if your soldier is standing/crouching/prone. :)

I stuck that man in as it looked better seeing as how I had to stretch the area with the ammo amount in it and it looked odd.