( search forums )
Improving pointmatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Aspa
June 25, 2004, 11:20 pm
Some ideas about improving pointmatch, what with nobody playing it and stuff. It should focus on style and fancy/difficult ways of killing people. Shooting someone from far away would get you more points than shooting close up... the amount of points you'd get would be based on how long the shots were in the air. Rolling or jumping over your enemy or other fancy moves would get you points, and of course knifing or fisting. Punching out somebodys weapon then killing him with it would get you lots of points. And you could have it so that you wouldn't get any bonus points after killing 5-6 guys with one weapon, you'd have to switch.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 25, 2004, 11:30 pm
i think the problem with that kind of setup, is that everyone would just use barret to get the most points.

Noobile
June 25, 2004, 11:52 pm
I think nobody plays pointmatch, because it's basically Deathmatch, mixed with rambomatch. Everyone wants to kill eachother, but everyone wants the little flag too...so they're special. Leo is most likely right with his assumption about the barrett, and that would just defeat the purpose. as far as an idea for improving on pointmatch, I really dont have one, I just thought I'd put my two cents in.