( search forums )
Ninja Rope.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Stinkeee
June 26, 2004, 5:17 am
It could either be a secondary, or an option to replace the jets. It could even wrap around corners. Who's with me?

Vigilante
June 26, 2004, 5:22 am
Like the one from Worms? Yeah, that would be cool. Nice for strategies in relistic mode. I vote in favor of.

Stinkeee
June 26, 2004, 5:24 am
Yeah, or liero.

Zoolander
June 26, 2004, 5:38 am
Been discussed, good idea, but never gonna happen.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 26, 2004, 7:48 am
He.....said.....ninjarope......."Twitch Twitch"

morpheus
June 26, 2004, 8:03 am
this idea hasn't been brought up in a few days, so we might as well go over it at least one more time.

that fuking sniper
June 26, 2004, 8:46 am
What use will the addition of a ninja rope bring to Soldat? I mean we already have jets, what can be more manuverable than outright flying in any direction you want?

Enlighten me. Every suggestion needs to have a specific need for it to be suggested and a benefit for its implementation. Michal wont just put it in because it would be cool to have... Though we do have the chainsaw but he said its just for the 'spirit and attitude that fits the game'.

DeMonIc
June 26, 2004, 10:30 am
Chainsaw ownz!
Ninja rope is unneeded, cause like TFS said, u have jets, that can make u go anywhere.
Besides, u won't have time foolin around with ropes in teh middle of a fire fight :P

Element_101
June 26, 2004, 10:48 am
Using a nina rope would be slower, and make you more of a target than jetting, why would you use it...

ClanKwH
June 26, 2004, 12:12 pm
its for the fun! D: and it goes pretty fast when you first grab on something...

sativa
June 26, 2004, 1:11 pm
I think personally that this idea sucks very hard even

Hitman
June 26, 2004, 2:48 pm
quote:He.....said.....ninjarope......."Twitch Twitch"Rofl!

Vigilante
June 26, 2004, 2:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
What use will the addition of a ninja rope bring to Soldat?

Ninja ropes allow you to hang off of ledges to hide from enemies (in realistic mode). You can scale walls to you aren't a vaulerable to sniper-fire from jetting slightly away in an arc. The rope can get you where you want and doesn't use "ammo" like the jets. You can hang on to cliffs for more sniper spots. The rope isn't gonna be for the middle of a battle (unless you wanna impale the enemy on it), it's for getting into a battle.

Drama
June 26, 2004, 2:58 pm
yes go play your suckt liero

BManx2000
June 26, 2004, 4:12 pm
YOU INSULT LIERO!!

Well, MAYBE there could be a ninja-rope mode, so instead of jets, it would fire a ninja rope whenever you press the jet button.

Malevolent Matt
June 26, 2004, 4:53 pm
there should be a choice on what to use... if if bewcomes used... which it prolly wont be because i vote no

DeepII
June 26, 2004, 5:10 pm
Hum...I don't know. you already have jets so why a ninja rope?!

OT: "Privates" ALWAYS like those new ideas lol. the "old" players are always against new features in soldat. strange.

that fuking sniper
June 26, 2004, 8:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vigilante
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
What use will the addition of a ninja rope bring to Soldat?

Ninja ropes allow you to hang off of ledges to hide from enemies (in realistic mode). You can scale walls to you aren't a vaulerable to sniper-fire from jetting slightly away in an arc. The rope can get you where you want and doesn't use "ammo" like the jets. You can hang on to cliffs for more sniper spots. The rope isn't gonna be for the middle of a battle (unless you wanna impale the enemy on it), it's for getting into a battle.

Oh great, another camping utility. Camping is what we (or just I) dont need in Soldat. Now I dislike this idea even more. Though it can be useful for climbing stuff in realistic when you're trying to be all stealthy, not wishing to give your position to you enemy through the jet noise. Seeing this on a nice CTF match though, with people hanging out on the cieling without any ristriction, sniping everyone they see, isnt a pretty picture. I mean you can get some great angles in alot of maps; think of ctf_laos and the slopes leading to both bases, one can simple put himself in a nice position in the middle of the map, lower and raise himself whenever needed, and take cheap sniper shots. This will make Soldat bery agitating for me, and people like me who cant stand campers.

Dathker
June 26, 2004, 9:37 pm
heh, it could be faster than a jets, cuz if yo don't jumpt before you jet then you go slow.
and you could have a one shot grapaling hook as a secondary

papasurf31
June 26, 2004, 10:19 pm
I think that "ninja rope" could be implemented as a secondary weapon. It could shoot out fast ( LAW speed) and very quickly pull you up to where ever the rope connected to. Think of Link's hookshot from the Legend of Zelda, except it could grab onto any surface. This could possibly be used to make quick getaways or dodging shots by grabbing onto the ceiling or such and rocketing upwards, or if your in the air on a parachute, use it to pull you down faster as to not get pwned by barretards and naders. After shooting the rope, you can hang there for 10 seconds and every second after that decreases health at a very slow rate. Since it is 2ndary weapon, people can't camp with it because once you switch weps, then you will fall down. It's really not that bad of an idea, despite it's unoriginality, and could be added by someone other than MM, cause he has more important things to attend to. Possibly as a mod.

wormdundee
June 26, 2004, 10:35 pm
ah...im stuck between 2 opinions here

it seems like an actual good idea, but then...its just not soldat!

i say we get something more original, like a spring that you can shoot out to bounce off of walls. now THAT would be cool

papasurf31
June 26, 2004, 11:56 pm
and how, exactly, is that Soldat?

wormdundee
June 27, 2004, 1:47 am
its not, i was being sarcastic, sorry

although it is admittedly more original that a ninja rope

have you ever seen a game with a giant spring that you can use to bounce yourself off walls?

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 27, 2004, 8:12 am
I say Mario had that covered a long time ago. he and his weird shrooms and springs....
Now that i have recovered from Twitching, I could actually put some input on this topic.

ummmmmmmm No.

Thats my input for today, good bye

papasurf31
June 27, 2004, 11:50 am
Hmmm, how bout in Soldat, lets have a gigantic Hammer as weapon that would swing back and forth over your head and would instantly kill whoever got hit by it, but you couldn't fly while using it. Wait, wait, how bout lets have mushrooms that make you bigger too so that your weapons do 2x damage but your a much bigger target. and lets not forget poison mushrooms which would shrink you and you would only do 1/2 damage but you would be a smaller target. Star of in invinciblity? Why don't we just change the name of the game to Super Mario Bros. and make all grafics 8-bit and take out the guns altogether!
Violence is bad children...very bad...

Deleted User
June 27, 2004, 1:10 pm
I always saw a ninja rope as a neat alternative to the jets in some servers. It would make realistic mode more interesting, saving yourself from falling a high nasty bloody death is easy with jets, not to easy with a ninja rope.

BlackSpear
June 27, 2004, 1:35 pm
ninja rope could be a GREAT secondary i think, I think i would most of the time give up my knife for that... it would be [:-censored]'N GREAT imho...

papasurf31
June 27, 2004, 7:18 pm
Should the ninja rope do any physical damage if say it hit someone? and if it did, how much should it do (health % wise)

DeepII
June 27, 2004, 8:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
Hmmm, how bout in Soldat, lets have a gigantic Hammer as weapon that would swing back and forth over your head and would instantly kill whoever got hit by it, but you couldn't fly while using it. Wait, wait, how bout lets have mushrooms that make you bigger too so that your weapons do 2x damage but your a much bigger target. and lets not forget poison mushrooms which would shrink you and you would only do 1/2 damage but you would be a smaller target. Star of in invinciblity? Why don't we just change the name of the game to Super Mario Bros. and make all grafics 8-bit and take out the guns altogether!
Violence is bad children...very bad...

LOL! I'd really like to see such a mod for Soldat!

Noobile
June 28, 2004, 12:53 am
Wouldnt this infringe upon liero, I mean in a legal sense, it's already stated " ...like liero,worms, and counter strike" I think that would just start a legal battle for michael, that NONE of us want. Although I personallywould like to see the idea at least tested, it could go somewhere...

DT
June 28, 2004, 3:28 am
No need for the rope

papasurf31
June 28, 2004, 3:22 pm
no need for SOCOM either but thats in the game. honestly, every other weapon in the game gets more use than the socom. sad...

BlackSpear
June 28, 2004, 6:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
Wouldnt this infringe upon liero, I mean in a legal sense, it's already stated " ...like liero,worms, and counter strike" I think that would just start a legal battle for michael, that NONE of us want. Although I personallywould like to see the idea at least tested, it could go somewhere...

there are MANY liero clones witch clame to be a liero clone and nothing else and there aren't being sued, so why should michal be? liero is old and freeware anyways, so why would they care? and besides, ninja ropes are being used in lots of games... (quake 1 and 2, worms and lots of mods)

sanity
June 29, 2004, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
no need for SOCOM either but thats in the game. honestly, every other weapon in the game gets more use than the socom. sad...

lol no need for soccom? if you remember it used to be the ONLY secondary (before 1.1) and i think after the M79 its the best weapon in the game.. so leave my precious alone!

papasurf31
June 29, 2004, 2:30 pm
SOCOM = mediocre damage (actually not bad but still...), crappy rate of fire compared to autos, low muzzle exit speed so the bullet arcs (which could actually be a good thing if you need to shoot over obstacles and hit a person behind them), small clip, need I go on? Admittedly it has its uses but I have never, in all my time playing soldat seen someone do well using a socom. And I still stand with how every other weapon except maybe the law gets more use than the SOCOM.

sanity
June 29, 2004, 4:16 pm
socom has been improved ALOT since 1.05b where it was like a BB gun. it has good damage per bullet, has a slight arc but (i think) is more accurate then the autos, VERY fast reload time and basically auto if you click fast enough. ive found i can kill soldats quicker with socom then using any other weapon except m79/barret. if you actually learnt how to use it instead of [:-censored]ting on it you will find it is highly underrated weapon.

Toumaz
June 29, 2004, 4:45 pm
Yeah, good ol' 105b Colt 1911...

The current socom is in my opinion, a lil' bit too strong. (not weapon suggesting right now!)
And, as sanity said, it truly is a underrated weapon. It can kill anyone in 1-2 clips, if you are aiming well.

Toni_Cicerelli
June 29, 2004, 6:18 pm
Ninja rope: Its quiet, in real mode jetting up behind some one gives away your position. Also is really really cool.

Socom: Its a damn good gun. Its my secondary of choice and it has saves me many times in real mode.

papasurf31
June 30, 2004, 12:16 am
I don't care! I can't hear you! lalalalala! Socom sux! Hahahahaha!
Seriously speaking, I've honestly tested the all teh weapons before including Socom and I find it least useful of all weapons. I'm not [:-censored]ting on Socom for no reason. It's reload time is very fast but the gun will not turn into mp5 no matter how fast you can click that mouse. Underrated it may be, but there is some truth behind it. IMO, it's most annoying feature is its arc and short clip. You just can't overlook these problems. Too strong, I think not. Thing is tho, I like the Socom but i just can't effectively use it. Might be why I dont like it as much as you guys. Personally, i chuck my 2nd weapon asap and pickup an 2 primaries as fast as I can.

EDIT - lets get back on topic.

KnOt
June 30, 2004, 12:37 am
Well, it is pretty useless..

bb_vb
June 30, 2004, 5:51 pm
I think it would be pretty darn fun to fly around a map like spiderman, slinging ropes all around and moving in an all new way. Jetpacks have to be the most boring method of alleviating the restrictions on vertical motion the game places, and I think a change would be very refreshing for it.

Of course you wouldn't and couldn't replace the jetpacks, just make it a seperate mode or something.

But alas I know this topic will probably end in nothing, only to be repeated at some random time in the future. Does anyone else feel that all the topics about great new ideas, many of which are in fact really good, are completely pointless because Michal has both no input, and also apparently no interest in implementing any of them?

Well that's my say.

Toni_Cicerelli
June 30, 2004, 8:47 pm
Humm, spider man reference, suddenly I dont really want the rope any more. And as for it being futile, ya but its fun to dream.

Hitman
June 30, 2004, 10:16 pm
If you want Ninja ropes, check out Tribes Vengeance. It's 3D, it's got jetpacks, Ninja ropes, and omg teh vehicles!

..To be honest, it looks [:-censored]ing awesome.

DeepII
July 7, 2004, 12:36 pm
(I know, the Thread is old, but I was on holiday)
Socom: best secondary I think. I use it always, and when I have a good Ping I can actually kill some1 with 7 or 8 Headshots. Especially with Barret as Primary it's very usefull!

Ninja Rope: As some1 mentioned Spider-Man I thought wouldn't really fit to Soldat. But then I thought, that it would be cool to have a Spider-Man Mod for Soldat. But this will not happen untill there is a SDK for Soldat...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2004, 10:15 am
you guys are all Crazy, LAW is the best weapon ever, I'll throw away my Primary weapon for 2 LAWs. Plus, Artillaries are fun.

Tahnok
July 8, 2004, 2:02 pm
I don't think it would me nice. It's so ovreused.[V]

zyxstand
July 10, 2004, 6:44 am
i really like the idea!

i can picture how it could b used (and it makes u move more rapid when trying to avoid stuff...):

like the map infiltration fortress, when ur red and u com from the sides u can grapple (ninja rope (as a verb)) the top thingy above the flag (next to the vertical tunnel where u can drop down by) and swing across and pick up the flag and swing to the other side quickly!
tat'd be cool

and its also useful in like ctf_viet cuz like u can fly till above the enemy's flag unseen and b4 u run out of jet fuel u like grapple the walla above u n stay there till u regain fuel (continued after this explanation:

--------
and the way u can conrol ur ninja rope is like in worms world party: left n right swings and (in soldat) mouse up/down makes it longer/shorter
--------

continued: and then u can go down (still on the rope) n swing awayyyyyyyyyyy! n then continue escaping on jets

n its also good for quick escapes

n another idea tat comes with ninja ropeing is:
u can hit othe rplayers when bumping into them - u might get hurt a bid but they get hurt more...! esp. with the rope u could swing into them and it'll like push them away/kill them

the only thing is u can't shoot while swinging : (

zyxstand
July 10, 2004, 7:25 am
damn!!!! u guys r all wrong!!!!

KNIVES r the real rulers!
cuz i'm good with barets, the only time i'd need a machine gun/socom would be if i fight more ppl at once...but tats y i choose baret!

so that if i miss (hardly happens) or if i just kiled a guy and another guy comes n my baret's still loading i switch to knife nd KNIFE HIS HEAD OFF! i aim good so its a good weapon! esp. in tunnels where he can't esc neways

and its also VERY useful for those spawners that spawn kill u but who will die neways after short time but i make that time evern shorter and just take out my knife nd kill his [but].

n another reason is cuz i love when u have those shots like:

there's this guy who's pretty far away n u estimate where he'll b when i throw my knife n if i get him (like after a few secs) with him like being out of the screen i feel so like "OOOOO WAT NOW HCTIB" (backwards) n i feel cool : D

also it proves good for like (ie) ctf_voland the game starts and u take the top...i always have my knife and u aim urself to be right next to the guy if u c one so that u turn around and right when he's like touching u u throw and like .5 secs later u throw and u get him cuz he's n ez target cuz he's so close n stuff

WELL NEWAYS
i no noone's gonna read this so i'm just talking to myself now n tats still good...i guess it helps my self esteem but just to say "KNIVES RULE"

(i think someone should safe this reply cuz its so cool n long nd totally has a point well backed up and very sophisticatedly written n ppl who agree to this will make them consider me as they're holy leader!!!!!!!!! yay)

so i guess this is the end so if u actually read all this u won't realy be interested in this part n don think i don have a life cuz i typed all this but this only took me 2 mins cuz i tyupe fast excpet when i make mistakes like i just did but don really care sometimes so i just move on......and i'm broed cuz its 2:30 am right now so bye!

papasurf31
July 14, 2004, 3:30 pm
fukin spammer, say something useful or shut the [:-censored] up!

EDIT - I'm sorry that sounded bad, but please don't spam!
My 2 cents on the ninj@ rope: This is basic stats for teh rope:
-is a secondary weapon
-shoots out as fast as a LAW
-reloads like a grenade launcher
-the rope would PULL you to whatever the hook hit whether it be person, ground, wall, ceiling etc. So you could dodge bullets easier by shooting straight up at the ceiling and have ing it pull you up.
-the rope would have the same arc as a spas-12
-you would be pulled at the same speed as maximum falling speed of a person (in the game)
-you can hang from wherever you got pulled to for as long as you have the rope equiped. The second you change weapons, throw a grenade, or press a directional button, etc. do anything except chat, you will fall from wherever you are. This is to prevent camping.
-(more coming soon)

dv297
July 14, 2004, 4:44 pm
papasurf31, I like how you think, anyways, if it was to be impleamented, one of the ways I'd use it is too
1=grab the flag from far away (If it can grab things)
2=grab a person,suck him in, change to a barret and blast (again if it can grab)
3=when low on jet, use it a quick getaway.
4=hook on some ones gun and steal (so much grabbing.)

Sorry if this is spam or stupid...

DeepII
July 14, 2004, 4:46 pm
I think we all know that Michal will NEVER implement a ninja-rope. (if you see it in the next version, kill me)

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 7:36 pm
jets are realy useful.. we can fly at any direction...but how long can we stay on air??? with ninja rope you can hang out from the ceiling for ever!!!!...well[^]....atleast untill sombody shoots you [:D]

papasurf31
July 16, 2004, 12:56 am
Even though I like the idea, I'd have to agree with DeepII. This will never ever ever ever ever be put into Soldat unless someone with crazy programing skills makes a mod for it, because Michal will never waste his time with this.

Still, it's fun to dream. It's like lottery tickets. You know you won't win but you buy one anyways.

If this is released in version 1.3 or 1.2.1 or 1.2.5 or whatever, I give permission for every single prison inmate in the world to rape Montoya. Sorry kid...

antiCamper
July 16, 2004, 3:40 am
yeah ninja rope rocks !