( search forums )
Binoculars as a secondary weapon.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
June 26, 2004, 4:42 pm
Just a little thought, why not have binoculars as a secondary weapon? They would give you the scope of the barret, but firing only makes you punch. Comments?

Malevolent Matt
June 26, 2004, 4:58 pm
good idea

Alamo
June 26, 2004, 4:58 pm
I would not use it because it fills my secondary slot. Add it either as a standard loadout or leave it.
But if you have it standard I would really like it.

Blackdeath
June 28, 2004, 1:57 am
UH HELLO!! I just did a topic on this... Does the rules not say that you have to check for the same topic? Well whatever.

peemonkey
June 28, 2004, 3:30 am
no, they dont. he's been here, he knows the deal, hes aloud mistakes.
sticky: good idea, but been repeted already. werent you here before 1.1.5? big discussions...

KnOt
June 28, 2004, 9:47 am
Indeed suggested before, but I always liked it. I'd rather a pair of binoculars than a bloody chainsaw...

Hitman
June 28, 2004, 11:12 am
I concur.

..but it should have a longer range than the Barret, or else there's not point cause you might as well just have the Barret.

palloco
June 28, 2004, 11:50 am
LOL is this an action game or is it hide and seek.

Deleted User
June 28, 2004, 11:51 am
KnOt, whats up with people wanting to replace chainsaw with something?

Drama
June 28, 2004, 6:14 pm
Shoud be standart, not secondary

peemonkey
June 28, 2004, 6:48 pm
cant kill someone with binoculars now can ya?
if in, it should be another secondary, not a replacement. nothing should ever be replaced. at least this should be an option for the weapons editor, so you have a little more scope than barret, and it works like a knife, but does 1/2 damage.

Blackdeath
June 28, 2004, 9:16 pm
Yes it should replace the chainsaw. Anyways who among you can honestly say that you've used the chainsaw seriously in the past month? It should be replaced. Like the "comedic" stylings of carrot top the only place for the out-dated chainsaw is in the trash. Bring in a new secondary whether it be binoculars, health packs, a mortar or whatever just get rid of the chainsaw!

palloco
June 28, 2004, 9:49 pm
I had used the chainsaw every months since it appeared. WTH u want it replaced by a stupid addon who nobody wants. I bet I can defeat u using it.
Oh, and yes, I use dial up, so I guess I am a sucky monkey.

Toni_Cicerelli
June 29, 2004, 12:38 am
It would be cool if you put some sort of infrared on it for real mode and make it a button that is held to use it.

?
June 29, 2004, 1:13 am
EKK NEWB!!

DT
June 29, 2004, 3:39 am
yes now lets just have them with laser vision that can kill a person with one hit...

peemonkey
June 29, 2004, 4:05 am
DT, ive never understood yer sig...kinda lame(offtopic)
toni, you gone mad, or is this sarcasm?

Niff
June 29, 2004, 7:27 am
Standard or nothing, I don't wanna go without my M72..

Snipedmyself
June 29, 2004, 7:32 am
but if chainsaw left so would michal "if anyfinds anyother uses please notify me" in tha manual...assuming u know what a manual is. its 2 weels

sanity
June 29, 2004, 7:55 am
quote: its 2 weels
wtf?

maybe we should just have a zoom when proned for any weapon.. it would kill several birds (topics) with one stone.

Toumaz
June 29, 2004, 4:55 pm
My opinion is that all weapons (primary and secondary) should be WEAPONS (deadly lil' things).

Toni_Cicerelli
June 29, 2004, 6:09 pm
Ok I was just fantasizing about the infrared but I would like it to be hold to use and not switch weapon to use. It wouldn't slow down the pace of the game.

Drama
June 29, 2004, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
I had used the chainsaw every months since it appeared. WTH u want it replaced by a stupid addon who nobody wants. I bet I can defeat u using it.
Oh, and yes, I use dial up, so I guess I am a sucky monkey.

Why u always type 'I' with capital letter?

Deleted User
June 29, 2004, 8:09 pm
Because you are supposed to write it as a capital letter. -.- Haven't you listened on your english lessons? :P

kilroy1501
June 30, 2004, 10:35 pm
maybe mounted binoculars? like those looking things you have to put a quarter in but IT TAKES FRIGGIN CANADIAN QUARTERS!!?!?!!?

sorry. but maybe?

juhdi91
July 1, 2004, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
cant kill someone with binoculars now can ya?
if in, it should be another secondary, not a replacement. nothing should ever be replaced. at least this should be an option for the weapons editor, so you have a little more scope than barret, and it works like a knife, but does 1/2 damage.
just throw it to sum1's face [:P] but then it would replace knife.....

kilroy1501
July 1, 2004, 8:29 am
lol