( search forums )
slave mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
hypernova
June 27, 2004, 4:45 am
there could be a slave mode where it starts out like a dm but if someone kills a person, the guy becomes his slave and works for him.

if the leader gets killed, all his slaves join the guy's group and this could continue until the last clan is assimilated...

hmm maybe it can be called assimilation mode

Slave Mode: a mode where free soldats join the team of the person who killed them and gets freed after 5 kills

Win: time limit or last free soldat standing (last leader)

Markers: Everyone has a number above their name which indicates the team (red numbers for free soldats)

Capture: free soldats can be made slaves if killed by any person (slave kills makes the soldat a slave of the master of the slave who killed him)

No friendly fire
No teamkilling or teamsending your leader into the enemy
Only leader can pickup bonuses but the bonus also applies to the rest of his team (not health pack)
Slaves get inferior weapons (secondary only)

Killing a slave = 1 point
Killing a free soldat = 2 points
Free soldat killing any of above = double

Se7enWolf
June 27, 2004, 4:53 am
it would be cool I suppose, the slaves have to get weapons for the leader or what? They could pick up kits and pick up weapons and stockpile or something? might be interesting...

hypernova
June 27, 2004, 4:56 am
glad i didn't get flamed it ;)

yea maybe the slaves would get the gun teh leader is using, and if the leader picks up a powerup, all the slaves get it too but slave = 1/2 firepower

but this might get a sniper picking out leaders and winning

then again, u can send ur slaves over to run over the sniper or soemthing

peemonkey
June 27, 2004, 5:09 am
in implemented (not gonna happen) then the 'slaves' should get chainsaws, and when they kill like, 10 people, they become free agin XD

Malevolent Matt
June 27, 2004, 5:39 am
or they go so far north off the map they become free until they fall south again

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 27, 2004, 8:06 am
lol, how about a "Capture the slave" mode? the Slave must get over some area in order to escape the Rednecks chasing them down. And yes, the Slave should be wearing black all over.

RocketRage
June 27, 2004, 1:36 pm
The same idea as the Slave Master mod for ut 2004:

quote:Slave Master is a free-for-all gametype, like Deathmatch. When a player
is killed, they respawn as their killer's slave. Slaves have a ghost-like
appearance and cannot receive nor deal damage. When a slave picks up
items, they are given to his master and the slave earns ""favor."" If a
slave can earn 100 favor, he has ""earned his freedom"" and respawns as a
player again. Another way for a slave to earn favor is by ""tagging"" enemy
masters. Slaves can shoot a tagging orb by pressing primary fire. Once a
player has been tagged, the slave's master can easily see the location of
the tagged player.

The objective is to enslave every other player in the match.

BlackSpear
June 27, 2004, 2:09 pm
as i'm picturing this the best rules would be:
at the start of the match everyone is free, if someone is killed by someone they change to the colors the one who killed him and is his slave. that means if he kills someone it's 1 kill for him (else mutch people would lose all motivation becouse they are only helping the leader, not themselfs) and 1 for the leader.
so the leader gets all the points he hisself makes AND the points that ALL his slaves make. the slaves only get the points they themselfs make.
everyone the leader kills becomes part of his army of slaves when they respawn, if they are free or a slave from someone else, it doesn't matter. if a slave kills someone the one getting killed will remain a slave from the person it already was or free man (to avoid a leader camping out and watching his army grow and kills flow in).
but if the leader gets killed by a slave from someone else, EVERYONE who was a slave from that leader and the leader himself will become a freeman. but if the leader is killed by an other leader or free man every follower from the leader getting killed will become a freeman and the leader himself will become a slave...
killing leaders will earn you as mutch points as the number of slaves in his army, this only counts for the person who killed him, not for the possible leader from him.
friendly fire should be turned of to avoid people shooting their leader to be a free man again.
there also should be a adjustible number in the server setup so set the number of kills a slave should make untill he gets to rebel and be a free man again (so if the leader camps he is losing his army from kills by other leaders and free man on his slaves AND if the slave makes an set ammount of kills for the leader he will also leave, this is good becouse else you could be a slave for someone a long time witch sucks! and also is giving extra motivation to kill) dieing doesn't reset the number of kills he had to rebel, however of someone is killed by a leader or free man it is, becouse then he is part of an other army.
the kill limit should be WAY higher then in dm, but that you already thought yourselfs i think.
powerups should be disabled i think but if there are powerups in the game it only counts for the one who picked it up and maybe also for the leader (don't know yet), though suddonly getting cluster granades isn't helpfull AT ALL in some situations...

personaly I think these rules would make a verry good game mode...
tell me what you think

edit: the UT mod witch RocketRage said just doesn't work in soldat couse the only items mostly are nades and health and a rare powerup

hypernova
June 27, 2004, 2:41 pm
yea that would be great, just what i was thinking...

maybe give the slaves a better weapon when they kill 2

set free when they kill 4

BlackSpear
June 28, 2004, 6:16 pm
I was thinking that slaves had all the weapons as usual, at normal powers and somewhere arround 10 kills to be free again.....

Marine
June 28, 2004, 7:58 pm
Interesting idea. So the "Slaves" kills gives you points.

Droopy
June 28, 2004, 8:20 pm
Now letme get this straight... If a Slave has enough kills.. he leaves the slave army and becomes a free man! Can he still be captured by some other [:-censored]? Couse I think it would be better if he would be a free man till the end of the game.. Then ppl would be even more motiveted and would kill more officiantly..

But who wins! The guy who owns all players?

BTW: OMG! I OWNZ YOU!!!!!! I want this mode!!!!!

DT
June 29, 2004, 3:41 am
yes i agree... no i agree STRONGLY!

hypernova
June 29, 2004, 5:06 am
well free men are all "ownable" if they get killed, slaves can't be stolen from other masters, only change owner if they get freed first.

it goes until there is only 1 group left and teh master gets rewarded with lots of points

i can't see y this can't be implemented, i think it would be very fun and interesting

btw there would be a number above each person's head that indicates his team (owner has red number)

Snipedmyself
June 29, 2004, 5:55 am
oops-

''i havew accidentally checked the 'friendly fire' button''

wtf! omg! u jacked my game!
see, werd...

hypernova
June 29, 2004, 2:06 pm
make sure that you can't friendly fire in the game then...

i can't see what is wrong with it

BlackSpear
June 29, 2004, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
Now letme get this straight... If a Slave has enough kills.. he leaves the slave army and becomes a free man! Can he still be captured by some other [:-censored]? Couse I think it would be better if he would be a free man till the end of the game.. Then ppl would be even more motiveted and would kill more officiantly..

But who wins! The guy who owns all players?

BTW: OMG! I OWNZ YOU!!!!!! I want this mode!!!!!

imo anyone that is killed by a by a free man or leader becomes a slave of the killer (including slaves from other people, freeman and other leaders). so only a kill by a slave does nothing to your status...
you will have to kill a set number of people to become a freeman again or wait for your leader to be killed. if you have become a free man again you can get captured just as well as any other person, becouse if you would be free untill the end of the game you could run out of slaves and EVERYONE would be free, nomatter what...
the winner is the one who reatches the point limit first or has the highest points when the time runs out or captured ALL the players

hypernova
June 30, 2004, 5:17 pm
wait slaves from other ppl shouldn't be able to be captured until they are free and the slaves would be able to capture any freeman into his leader's group, so naturally the game would go pretty fast and teh strategy will change depending on teh situation

kilroy1501
June 30, 2004, 10:30 pm
dude thats [:-censored]ed! could you imagine?

sanity
July 1, 2004, 3:34 am
sounds a bit too complicated...

hypernova
July 1, 2004, 1:56 pm
ok its getting disorganized, i'll try to restate the mode:

Slave Mode: a mode where free soldats join the team of the person who killed them and gets freed after 5 kills

Win: time limit or last free soldat standing (last leader)

Markers: Everyone has a number above their name which indicates the team (red numbers for free soldats)

Capture: free soldats can be made slaves if killed by any person (slave kills makes the soldat a slave of the master of the slave who killed him)

No friendly fire
No teamkilling or teamsending your leader into the enemy
Only leader can pickup bonuses but the bonus also applies to the rest of his team (not health pack)
Slaves get inferior weapons (secondary only)

Killing a slave = 1 point
Killing a free soldat = 2 points
Free soldat killing any of above = double

BlackSpear
July 1, 2004, 9:16 pm
fist of all, people should say what set of rules they are talking about and like best, mine or hypernovas hehe

hypernova
July 1, 2004, 10:00 pm
:D ppl seem to just reject it w/o reason... its because of my post count isn't it?!?!?!

Tahnok
July 5, 2004, 5:44 am
quote:Originally posted by hypernova
slave = 1/2 firepower
Yay! That's a very good idea.[;)]

hypernova
July 6, 2004, 4:56 am
it shouldn't be hard to program and a bit of testing will make it very good but people r rejecting the idea because of my poor post count