( search forums )
Harsh!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bucky_brad
June 30, 2004, 9:13 am
Is anyone else starting to get sick of all the new players on the forum? the constant reposting of threads we had a month ago? other ok threads degenerating into spam? the lounge and bash pit getting more attention than the General Discussion? and other such things?

I think we need much harsher modderation, not hesitionn for warnings over spam anywhere but the bash pit, typing in all caps, not reading the FAQ, not useing search and other things. Also no hesitation on banning(not sure if mods can ban).

The mods at the moment are doing a good job but i think they need to start being nazies until the forums settle down abit.

I could be wrong, mabey i am looking at the wrong threads. What do you think?

Milkman Dan
June 30, 2004, 10:20 am
Milkman Dan for Mod!!!

Captain RibMan
June 30, 2004, 10:21 am
seconded!

SuperKill
June 30, 2004, 10:49 am
you guys live together ?

Hitman
June 30, 2004, 1:37 pm
They're the same person Sk..

Tha Doggfather
June 30, 2004, 3:27 pm
meh, some people are already complaining about the amount of threads that are moved/locked.

bucky_brad
June 30, 2004, 4:23 pm
well ban the stupid [:-censored]s. the quality of the forums is dropping and its up to you mods to raise it. its also up to the members of the forum but most of them are... unreliable.

Chakra
June 30, 2004, 5:23 pm
I thought the forums was always like this?

sanity
June 30, 2004, 5:30 pm
theres just a select few morons that need to go for the majority of this [:-censored] to stop.. maybe instead of several warnings there should be one warning then after that a ban?

bucky_brad
June 30, 2004, 6:29 pm
they never used to be as bad as this.

Famine
June 30, 2004, 6:39 pm
I think we need a lot less ghey mods

no offense but a few were begging to become mods and I don't like the way they are handling it

peemonkey
June 30, 2004, 7:05 pm
i propose a system working on how long youve been in forums. the people whove been around longer get there own, smaller forum that the noobies cant post in, but can look at, and the rest get to keep this forum. XD segregation is the key for once!

Deleted User
June 30, 2004, 7:42 pm
But how about people who have made a new account? :/ Like me Stalky and frogboy.

bucky_brad
June 30, 2004, 8:09 pm
well then dont make a new account, anyway all we need is to get the mods to go nazi on the forums.

Hitman
June 30, 2004, 10:07 pm
You vant ze Nazi? Das ist nicht gut!

Duke33
July 1, 2004, 12:44 am
Ja voul! Or whatever.

There's always going to be idiots. I just ignore them. Or enjoy myself by being sarcastic/mean and them not getting it. I really don't think something that's on a computer screen is worth getting worked up over. Who cares if they're being annoying? Just ignore them or make fun of them.

morpheus
July 1, 2004, 1:28 am
i've always liked the idea of have an ignore feature. just click a persons name and you never see their posts again.

peemonkey
July 1, 2004, 3:40 am
never view posts of people with __ or lower posts.
although it would make it so you dont understand why people are yelling...

N1nj@
July 1, 2004, 3:43 am
i just dont like the amount of stickies we have now-a-dayz...

Famine
July 1, 2004, 5:24 am
quote: mods to go nazi on the forums

no, I just think some of the mods are stupid...

*looks to the place where a warning would be*

peemonkey
July 1, 2004, 5:31 am
they cant do [:-censored] for your oppinion, otherwise that'd be [:-censored]ing facist. *yay, i used an overused-never-understood word correctly!! XD*

gi.joe
July 1, 2004, 5:55 am
quote: i just dont like the amount of stickies we have now-a-dayz...

too true

BMF
July 1, 2004, 6:31 am
I tried the Nazi approach but people hated me for it. Wonder why??

It's hard to please everybody

gi.joe
July 1, 2004, 7:24 am
yeah those were the good ol days huh BMF

:P

frogboy
July 1, 2004, 7:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
But how about people who have made a new account? :/ Like me Stalky and frogboy.

I switched back to my old account, since nobody gives a damn about post count anymore.

Kazuki
July 2, 2004, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
the quality of the forums is dropping and its up to you mods to raise it. its also up to the members of the forum but most of them are... unreliable.

Well, basically, mods are there only to keep things under control, but you do have somewhat of a point. Also, I know you said that most of the forum members are unreliable, but I'd still like to point out that some of us are trying to do what we can.

societies_punishment
July 3, 2004, 5:03 am
I think we just need to use the warning system more the whole point of the warning system, it's to ban them if the get a high enough warning right?