( search forums )
rce_indiana
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
poyi19920624
June 30, 2004, 1:57 pm
This is my first rce map. Very chanllange the first time. Suggestion: don't go too fast. May I got a special lol siggie? If I can, I want a ice color with white and yellow eyes (a lol). And .......... you know what..... if you don't know...... enjoy.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] indiana.JPG8.91 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] rce_indiana.zip27.85 KB
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] btw, if this can be in the official rce map pack it well be awsome [:P]

grand_diablo
June 30, 2004, 3:00 pm
Just had a look at it.

Pls ask Subslider before using his scenery, and me before using mine. I dont mind too much about my scenery being used, but asking first wouldve been nice. The waterfall doesnt fit in this map cause of its shape, try making one in a painting programm.

Ill test the map for gameplay now, pls invest more time into shading, it doesnt look too nice for now.

Melba
June 30, 2004, 3:13 pm
i cant reach the goal... that's a bad thing
too...hard......deadly .....water...ground....must.....be..... fixed

SigHunter
June 30, 2004, 3:17 pm
sorry :D but its mapped ugly and too bugy (like mine :D)
and damn ITS TOO HARD omg 0_o
and maybe too long :P

grand_diablo
June 30, 2004, 3:27 pm
mmmh gameplay test finished

i particularly like parts of the concept, but that map should really be redone.

Its one the one hand not too nice looking, but the main problem is, that it is simply unfair.

Either u make a map that is not that hard to race but has deadly parts, or one that is hard to master but u cant die. cause its annoying to go several minutes through, just to die by falling off the last part in the lake.

Some tipps:
- Overwork shading
- Reduce deadly parts: those two at the beginning go ok, but you should see at least a bit where its dangerous, or at least how big this first hole is. Those indian skatestakes all look the same, quite annoying that you cant see that one of them is deadly.
- The part with the lake is simply too hard, make it easier here. And also dont make the ground deadly. Just make it a ditch, and make climbing out only possible on the right side, so the one who falls down can simply try again instead of restarting. The last hill is simply too steep.

I made it to the finish 2 times, the first time by using minigun cause i was trying 10 minutes without success, the second time 5 minutes later with a damn lot of luck -> too hard.

Deleted User
June 30, 2004, 6:02 pm
Sounds like a challenge. *Downloads* :P

Ok i tested it and... Well. Its too long. Its too hard. (lake part) It looks like crap. It well... Is not good map. I know pathway wasn't good map either but its going to be replaced. :P

Soulsnipa
June 30, 2004, 8:19 pm
why do u say it looks like crap, I dont think it looks all that bad. I mean its not GREAT but I think it looks halfway decent.

poyi19920624
July 1, 2004, 5:00 am
just walk slowly, it isn't hard if you know how to............. and it isn't buggy. . . . . . . . .

Droopy
July 1, 2004, 12:49 pm
It's called race.. You cant walk in a race...

I think a litle bit of fixing would make the game a worthy of a title rce_indiana!