( search forums )
ESL + Selfkill = n1n1 :>
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
BlaZ0r
July 1, 2004, 2:29 pm
Hi there!

The ESL and Selfkill made a little Map Contest for the ESL.
All Infos are on www.selfkill.de
Perhaps only a few of you know the ESL, its bit smaller then SCTFL in Soldat, but its a very good organisated League and perhaps one of you want to send us your map, so the Matches in ESL could be played in ESL. ;)

Thanks, and sry for my n1 english! :)

mfg
wooSai.BlaZe

systemfeind
July 1, 2004, 2:37 pm
yep if some of u are playing in the esl and you wanna give it some fresh smell you can send us your nice maps and the 3 winning dm & ctf maps will be added to the official esl mappool. you can find all information you need (like guidelines etc.) here:

http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/cms.php?action=showdetails&id=335&title=Aktuelle%20Meldungen

(dont worry, news are in english, too)

have fun and please take part :)

grand_diablo
July 2, 2004, 12:09 am
aye, the ESL in general works better than the forum-based organizated SCTFL. Due to an halfautomatic system, and caring admins, it works ways better than SCTF. The SCTFL itself was a good idea, but due to too many participants and now inactive teams + admins that couldnt cope with that lot of work anymore, i dont see any future for the SCTFL (season 4 is dead) if they dont make up "qualification round" to filter out the active ones, and set a participant limit.

It would actually be better, if all active clans join ESL. As soon as there are enough, t
he ladder can surely be split into continental divisions, but there is still some way to go...

http://www.esl-europe.net

Drama
July 2, 2004, 12:15 pm
ESL = all about germans

grand_diablo
July 2, 2004, 1:35 pm
ESL =

German 1on1 and 2on2 Ladder
German 3on3 CTF LAdder

International 1on1 and 2on2 Ladder
International 3on3 CTF Ladder

Sure, there are some germans also playing in the international leagues, but still the majoritiy comes from other countries there. And the more international accepted clans (cns, sv, MD, ...) join there, the more active it will be ;)

I dont wanna force anyone to join there, but if u think that there are too many germans in there, jsut give it a try and make it more international by joining. You arent forced to play when u are in, everything is free and left to you. The rules system seems to be somewhat complicated in the first time, but once you are into it there is no more confusion, cause the rules do make sense.

And as SCTFL and many tries of EuroCups (Soldat EuroCup, USC) just didnt work, the ESL is the ideal plattform to hold such tournaments. But before they do, the ladders must become bigger and more active. So go ahead and join, a try will just cost you some few minutes. Just ask SN about their experiences, they seem to be quite happy with the ESL.

BlaZ0r
July 2, 2004, 3:10 pm
ack

SigHunter
July 2, 2004, 3:51 pm
:D esl rulz :D
i like the "post the result" thing more in esl than in
sctfl, u just enter result, upload screens and ur rank will be updated automatically

systemfeind
July 6, 2004, 6:13 am
i beg all international soldat players and mappers:

PLEASE take part in our contest and keep in mind thats in your hand to give soldat some fresh air (this time the ESL).

for a guideline how to take part please read the news on www.selfkill.com

everyone is welcome

grand_diablo
July 6, 2004, 11:23 am
Right, it would be gr8 if some of the well known clans gave it a try and joined ESL, and some more international mappers took part at the contest. I think an International CTF Ladder with good clans + good custom maps as addition to the standard ones is the best that can happen to Soldat.

I repeat myself: Give it a try, and make the International CTF Ladder really international (btw. it is no problem, if u want to play 4on4 or 5on5 in this league, this is ok if both teams agree to.)

http://www.esl-europe.net/eu/soldat/ctf/3on3/ladder/

palloco
July 6, 2004, 11:36 am
It sux. I want a page where you can see whatever is related to soldatleague, but that is hard to find in that web.

"u just enter result, upload screens and ur rank will be updated automatically"

Therefore u cheat and who will arrange it?

grand_diablo
July 6, 2004, 1:18 pm
You can cheat in other leagues too, but in ESL the Admins do look at the screenshots, and both sides MUST confirm the match result, so what you think is not possible.