( search forums )
Perfect Dark 0.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Noobile
July 2, 2004, 5:39 pm
Well, after a critical computer crash, causing endless nights of staring at pixels, it is finally finished. Perfect Dark. This is my first *official* modification, I do expect some constructive critisism... http://www.turrino.com/soldat/Perfect_Dark.ace <- get it!

Things Changed
-All weapons now reflect those of Perfect Dark ( duh )
Deagles = DY.357 Magnum
Mp5 = CMP 150
Ak74 = K7 Avenger
Steyer = Dragon
Spas = Shotgun
Ruger = Sniper Rifle
M79 = Devestator
Barrett = Farsight XR 20
Minimi = AR 34
Minigun = Reaper

SOCCOM = Falcon2
Knife = Knife ( duh )
Chainsaw = Reapage
LAW = Rocket Launcher

-All sounds taken from Perfect Dark, and reflect those used in game

[IMAGE]
Law
[IMAGE]
SOCCOM
[IMAGE]
Deagles
[IMAGE]
Mp5
Meandor was nice enough to host this for me, so a big thanks goes out to him, Psyko for doing his best to help somone else out. HellRaider for the preview approval, and everyone else with their patience in this. I plan on cleaning this up some, mabye adding an interface, possibly playing with the gosteks, but that will come in due time, as the gosteks make no freggin sense, and yes, I've read the thread about that... they're still kinda confusing,and neither my interface maker, nor my map maker work, so those are out. as soon as I figgre out whats up with them ( I know it has somthing to do with Direct x 9 ) I'll play with those some.

*Note, this is Fan Art.... just to cover that base.

EDIT: for some odd reason, the Forums arent letting me upload any more pictures, so as soon as it'll let me, I'll get some more out...sorry for the inconveniance

Tha Doggfather
July 2, 2004, 8:54 pm
what i like:

-nice sounds for almost all the weapons (maybe just a bit too loud, but not a problem)
i especially like the socom and the ruger sounds.

-the knife, it looks like aragorns little blade. nicely done

what i dont like:

- the weapons graphics arent very impressing, especially the barret is ugly

- why is the reaper the same as the reapage? itll make it hard to tell what weapon people are holding (ok you can hear when its a reapage, but still, i need to be able to use it in serious games)

- with some automatic guns, like the Dragon, you can hear the bullets drop. this isnt good when you're shooting in air. you can edit the empty bullet sounds by changing the files for it.

- the sound for the grenade explosion is too long, with all the explosions in a crouded game, this would give a bad effect.

still, a good mod. could be a great mod if youd updated it a bit.