( search forums )
A Day in the Life of.. (New Soldat Movie)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Hitman
July 2, 2004, 8:12 pm
Yes, it's here, I finally finished the bas?ard after months of being too lazy to work on it properly, and I feel it's my best work so far. It's much different to my others, namely; I only used online footage, not bots, which makes it look more 'active', there's more music, and it doesn't have such an obvious story line as the others. Also, if one of the parts you'd have had to have seen Apocalypse Now to understand it. If you haven't seen it, do so.

To be honest, it's been a [:-censored]ing nightmare making this Movie. Window's Movie Maker freezing almost every 10 minutes, then suddenly deleting my whole 'Collections' (Stuff you import in to Movie Maker), and finally almost ruining it by not letting me save it. For some reason it wouldn?t let me save the Movie as a whole, so I had to save it in two parts and then join it together, which is why the music jumps for a second at a certain point.

Also, due to the length and 'extensiveness' of the Movie, making it took up a crap load of space on my Computer; 5.53 Gb of Fraps, Cam Studio clips, Demo's and other stuff, to be precise.

This Movie is much longer than my other ones, and in order to cut down the length of the Movie I've put the Credits and Acknowledgements, and seeing that there's a lot of them, in an Adobe PDF (Install Adobe Reader), which is included with the Movie.

-----

Finally, here it is, I hope you enjoy it and I want some bloody feedback, it's nice to know what people think.

Click to Download

Note: You must have the latest DivX codec, in order to get it, just download and install the latest DivX Player, which can be found here.

Edit: Meh, sorry for the bump. Just fixing the link for this guy and maybe for those who haven't seen it : )

Deleted User
July 2, 2004, 8:45 pm
So true. :( I like it.

grand_diablo
July 2, 2004, 8:58 pm
*dling the movie*

AAAAAAAAAH, he uses Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player, AAAAAAAH
*winding in pains*

a) There are freeware video editing tools out in the web (VirtualDub for example, but this one is more about compressing etc.). Else go and buy some pc mag, they often put full versions of video editing software onto their cds. I DO hate Windoes Movie Maker, just for the reasons u mentioned above ^^

b) Windows Media Player is teh ev0l. There are lots of better media playing programs (WinAmp2, it also uses the latest DivX codec once the codec is installed). Again, there are freeware alternatives too ^^

anyway, im looking forward to a nice video, even if its made by windows movie maker [:)]

chakapoko maker
July 2, 2004, 9:33 pm
VVvvery brilliant and cool! The plot is good, it's a great edit. Got much fun ;)

Deleted User
July 2, 2004, 9:55 pm
I saw a preview of this, and now I'm downloading the full thing. I'm so excited [:D]

(PS: Whee, I star in a few of the clips! Sorry, no autographs for j00)

peemonkey
July 2, 2004, 10:36 pm
nice movie, but a little too much hitman in there...get some JV action ;D

grand_diablo
July 3, 2004, 12:14 am
k, i looked at it, and the video pwns (still use another prog for it ;) )

im glad u use winamp too :P

gr8 job :D

Kazuki
July 3, 2004, 6:03 am
Nice! You used some nice effects there, and damn you for having a nice digital camera! Anyway, great movie Hitman. Now you can relax. XP

I'm thinking about making a movie about me, Kkazican, and Kazama Jin. (Kaz, Kaz, and Kaz.)

The Geologist
July 3, 2004, 9:34 am
Gotta be one of the best movies I've seen in a while, period. This even held my attention more than some of the crap that's out in at the movies right now, lol. Your work with the video and audio is great...in my opionion, very fitting for the progression of the video. I know my comments sound obvious, but it's 2:32 am and I like the video damnit! Thanks for all that hard work.

Snipedmyself
July 3, 2004, 9:52 am
*starts the download on netzero dial up

ClanKwH
July 3, 2004, 10:25 am
friggin nice movie! :D

Snipedmyself
July 3, 2004, 10:44 am
38% since that post....

Deleted User
July 3, 2004, 11:14 am
I saw it last night and didn't post my feedback. Although I believe the movie lacks a finale, a final punch at the end, it's still fantastic, the editing is great and the music is brilliant [:)]

Good job buddy.

Hitman
July 3, 2004, 8:40 pm
Hehe, thanks for the comments.

I know, it does miss a finale...I rushed the end cause I wanted to finish it and free up the space on my computer. If I had, had the space and the patience I would have ended it better, but I'm sure it's not that bad of an ending :)

More comments welcome.

Chakra
July 3, 2004, 9:15 pm
..nice use of vagner..

Nice movie too. 'Tis a good reminder to why we play soldat.

Tha Doggfather
July 3, 2004, 9:42 pm
amagad its teh 1337!

i downloaded all the music you used :p (well i had wagner, but then again, who doesnt?)

Subslider
July 3, 2004, 10:24 pm
omg its great i really liked it.. besides im in it 2..XD

wagner?.. arnt that sausages or sumthin?..

Hitman
July 3, 2004, 10:43 pm
If you read the Credits you'd understand :) The bit where the classical music comes in (by Wagner) is a rip off from Apocalypse Now, you have to have seen it in order to understand it..

?
July 3, 2004, 11:28 pm
quote: saw a preview of this, and now I'm downloading the full thing. I'm so excited

What! he didn't let me preview it... your gonna get it hitty...

-edit-
Well your link to wmp is not working and there are alot of people over here with food and I am hungry, so I will dl the new wmp and watch it later.

Edit-2
WOOO!!!!! yeah I think thats great... thats cool that you put me in there guy, I think its really good and shows exaclty what alot of soldat players do. I can't wait till the next movie man I can't wait to see what cool idea you will think of next.

sativa
July 4, 2004, 8:56 pm
yo hitman like I always sayd your movies own;) but i have a little prob i once deleted you out of my msn list for some erason and i can't get u in anymore can u please add me again demonchipmonk@hotmail.com (I'm the belgian dude with the weird voice;))

Deleted User
July 4, 2004, 9:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
What! he didn't let me preview it... your gonna get it hitty...

He told me I wasn't allowed, but then I used the fact I bought him a reg key to 'persuade' him [:D]

Hitman
July 4, 2004, 10:20 pm
Bas?ard :P

?
July 5, 2004, 1:01 am
Well now stalky can't get you to buy something for him now. Should use your scams more wisely stalky.

DeafBox
July 5, 2004, 3:11 am
nice movie dude, the yellow background worked really well..... dunno why... i guess i have a thing for yellow.

Anyhoo, gj

frogboy
July 5, 2004, 4:06 am
I just noticed, in one of the songs it says 'I'm whining'. Very appropriate.

systemfeind
July 5, 2004, 5:31 am
i uploaded that damn bitch of filesize ;)

Captain_Jimbo
July 7, 2004, 9:48 am

I thoroughly enjoyed that ^_^ For God's sake man, you used Window's Movie Maker for that!??? *salutes you* That program is a royal pain in the ass >< You should get a medal for completing work with that program where so many people have given up, ha ha ha.

Awesome music choice, I got a kick out of the clock/time flies by concept. And where that one song kicks in (it's realy really late, I'm at a loss for names) where it hits off with "Woo hoo" and the LAW round hits another player: awesome job =D

Hope to see more from ya in the future, I think I speak for everone here when I say that we love Soldat promos like a hooker loves crack XD Good job =)

sativa
July 7, 2004, 1:03 pm
*me wants ramptant sex with hitman and hektik sniper* :p

Deleted User
July 7, 2004, 3:23 pm
Is it btw normal that there is letters W T F on the calendar on that order? Or is it edited?

Hitman
July 7, 2004, 3:38 pm
Yeah, I noticed it too, no, it's not edited :P Wednesday, Thursday, Friday..

blan
July 29, 2004, 6:55 pm
so far all your movies have rocked. Ill tell you what I think about this one when I get home and watch it!

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 7:46 pm
Thanks man, I look forward to your comments :)

I was expecting more feedback from people, but as usual they're too lazy to write what they think, whether positive or negative :(

I particularly like one commentquote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Gotta be one of the best movies I've seen in a while, period. This even held my attention more than some of the crap that's out in at the movies right now, lol. Your work with the video and audio is great...in my opionion, very fitting for the progression of the video. I know my comments sound obvious, but it's 2:32 am and I like the video damnit! Thanks for all that hard work.
It's comments like these that make me make these Movies..

..fact that he even says thanks *Sniff*

blan
July 29, 2004, 8:03 pm
Nice work hitman. I proclaim you the best Soldat Video Maker ever!

Hitman
August 4, 2004, 3:33 pm
Lol, I forgot about this and never checked again. Thanks for the comment :)

Still more comments welcome..

Hiei
August 5, 2004, 3:05 am
Hitman this movie is uber-awsome! i mean all of us tend to be like this...i know i am..^_^ very well put together and a great overall idea!

antiCamper
July 27, 2005, 8:41 pm
Nice movie !
^_^

"2004"
"Registered to : Toby Liggins"
?

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 3:29 pm
OMFG I LOVE YOU THAT MUSIC ROCKS!?!?! YOU'RE MY HERO!!! I LOVE YOU W00T!??!? 10/10.. even tho I couldn't see the video >.<

Hitman
July 28, 2005, 4:59 pm
...lol

Er ya. You obviously don't have DivX, so please download and install it. Then just open the movie up in Windows Media Player again and you'll see the video :)

Edit: Forgot..quote:Originally posted by antiCamper
"2004"
"Registered to : Toby Liggins"
?
That's Stalky. He bought me my reg key <3

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 9:11 am
Seriously, you have the BEST taste of music EVER..... EEEEVER!!

Swebonny
July 31, 2005, 4:00 pm
Yeah that was awesome :D Was this post in 2004... Really dont get the date..

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 11:45 pm
Its kinda weird...but i liked some of the music :D