( search forums )
Forest Base map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
xXShavoXx
December 24, 2002, 11:47 pm
I made this map fairly quick, as I am still getting acustomed to the Map Maker in general. It's a fairly small map, and still needs bot waypoints and touchups. Hope you enjoy it! [:D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] FB1.jpg28.58 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] FB2.jpg25 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] FB3.jpg30.91 KB

And now for the map.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Forest Base.zip31.95 KB

*EDIT* Sorry, forgot to add Forest_Base.pmp to a zip file [B)]

Darac
December 25, 2002, 12:04 am
bah! its not ziped... can my 56k modem handle it? lets wait and see...

mak89gt
December 25, 2002, 12:07 am
cool map shavo!
hope u put bot waypoints soon!

xXShavoXx
December 25, 2002, 12:11 am
I zipped it I zipped, go back!!!

Mak89gt: I am totally clueless on how to add bot waypoints. So if anyone is willing to add some for me, it'd be greatly appreciated! [:-weepn]

mak89gt
December 25, 2002, 1:02 am
ask arcwolf
hes tha man!
he will be happy to do that for you.
tip: if you make bigger maps like that & learn how to bot path, u might get admission to the soldat mappers guild
i swear, u got that talent!
oh yeah, try reading the map making manual, \o/!

Darac
December 25, 2002, 1:19 am
i can do good bots, you could ask me.... but its probably better off for you in the long run if you lern your self

Flanagan
December 25, 2002, 6:57 am
My 500th Post - The Bashing of mak89gt - an idiot.

Nice map, it is sorta cartoony and it is really original.

mak: "ask arcwolf
hes tha man!
he will be happy to do that for you."
- Do you ever think of other people? Yes ArcWolf is "tha man" but do you think that Soldat is his life? Did you ever think that ArcWolf is tired of botting our [:-censored]ty maps, that maybe he wants to make his own maps? How do you know? You don't so don't assume people will do your [:-censored]ty work for free, always.

"tip: if you make bigger maps like that & learn how to bot path, u might get admission to the soldat mappers guild"

- The maps don't need to be big, I never specified that. Bot pathing will definately be a great skill, but it isn't neccisary.

Abortion
December 25, 2002, 7:40 am
Whoa ... I like the looks of theeeeeis ... Very nice colors and design! Have to try this one out

Flanagan
December 25, 2002, 7:28 pm
I have a couple of recomendations.

1. Make it so that you can walk out of the pit/roots of the forest, that will make botting it easier.

2. With the trees, in the spawn area, make it so you fall through the branch, that wil help in the botting and the gameplay.

When I make a server that hosts custom maps, I will have yours playing!

mak89gt
December 25, 2002, 8:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Flanagan
My 500th Post - The Bashing of mak89gt - an idiot.

Nice map, it is sorta cartoony and it is really original.

mak: "ask arcwolf
hes tha man!
he will be happy to do that for you."
- Do you ever think of other people? Yes ArcWolf is "tha man" but do you think that Soldat is his life? Did you ever think that ArcWolf is tired of botting our [:-censored]ty maps, that maybe he wants to make his own maps? How do you know? You don't so don't assume people will do your [:-censored]ty work for free, always.

"tip: if you make bigger maps like that & learn how to bot path, u might get admission to the soldat mappers guild"

- The maps don't need to be big, I never specified that. Bot pathing will definately be a great skill, but it isn't neccisary.

sorry flanagan, it wont happen again
shavo, ill do bot pathing for u now, im not the best, but ill do it for free! just give me two days, ill do it for you

Piglet
December 29, 2002, 10:15 am
i think almost everone should learn to bot path, its really not very difficult it just takes a little patience

M
December 29, 2002, 4:02 pm
Great map xXShavoXx but dont worry about waypointing cause i waypointed it.Here is the map waypointed

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Forest Base waypointed.zip33.02 KB

pikkpoiss14
December 31, 2002, 6:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Will
This has absolutly nothing to do with this......how do you get your grade thingy's under your name at a higher rank???

Post over 100 post then you have it TOO! It's somekind of ranking system what equals with post value. Like 50 post = 1 rank, 100 post = 2 rank etc. DUNNO :P

xXShavoXx
January 1, 2003, 12:29 am
M, thanks a bunch for the waypointing! [:-bonc01]

M
January 1, 2003, 8:11 am
no problem

Edge
January 11, 2003, 7:57 pm
Good map. Looks like fun, really, and it has some nice shading. Can I add your map to a pack of mine im making? For my mod? =)

Mossy
January 11, 2003, 10:11 pm
did you use Edit Pro?

mak89gt
January 11, 2003, 10:33 pm
{[m]} is better than me at waypointing, sigh....

Flanagan
January 12, 2003, 3:14 am
No offence M: But your waypointing sucks in this map. The bots are horrible. The map needs to be redone on the branches where the players spawn.

High
January 12, 2003, 3:14 am
mak89gt: ArcWolf is good too

Darac
January 12, 2003, 5:05 am
i can waypoint, but im not a fan of it... :/ it takes soooo long to get it right! so i only do it for my maps or maps that are really really really good. :)

dittyman
January 14, 2003, 4:41 pm
i dont like waypointing it takes ages i like the map though its awesome
Flanagan: That was harsh on M he was only trying to help although it was a bit dodgy
hey im not complaining :P

xXShavoXx
January 16, 2003, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mossy
did you use Edit Pro?

No, considering this was one of my first maps, I was completely oblivious to the existence of EditPro. [xx(]

And Edge, go right ahead and add it to your mod map pack. Just make sure you give credit to who made it. [^] (I'm touching up the map right now so don't add it just yet)