( search forums )
Non-Official Edited POAs Lol Mod RELEASED!!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
BManx2000
July 3, 2004, 9:51 pm
It is teh finished! This mod, in case you don't know, changes the gostek and .poa files to make the soldats look exactly like the lols. However, there are a few issues:
1. The hair and headgear looked strange, so I replaced them with 6 of the words people's lols said in their sigs. Here is a picture:
[IMAGE]
The changes are:
Dreadlocks - DUDE
Mohawk - W00T
Mr. T - RAWR
Normal - SUP
Helmet - OMG
Hat - CHAIR
Rambo Bandana - PH34R
I have a paranoid fear that some people may think these are ugly. If enough people don't like them, I'll take them out.
2.In order to make the body image line up to the "solid" part, I had to put the left side image on the waist and the right side image on the chest. Otherwise, when turned to the left the lol would not be able to be shot in the head but would be able to be shot behind the image. There are a couple downsides to this (the vest only appears when facing right, and the victory animation doesn't work when facing left).
3. The corpses tend to stick up into the air instead of lying flat.
4. Everything other than the body appears farther to the right when turned to the left, including guns. This means in a chainsaw/knife/fist duel, the person on the left will have the advantage.
5. The parachute is attached to the lol's head :P
6. The gun you are not using sticks out behind the head when facing right.
7. The mod cannot be played online normally.

Download here: Lolmod.zip

NOTES FOR PLAYING ONLINE:
The 1.2 fix implemented protection against .poa file changes, but this protection does not exist in the regular 1.2. Therefore, it should theoretically be possible to play this mod online if it is played using the unpatched soldat on a server with the mod installed.

IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF SOMEONE COULD MAKE A DEDICATED LOL SERVER. OR LOLVER. OR LOLDAT SERVER. WHATEVER.

Narzul
December 14, 2004, 4:52 am
Aaaah, the LOL mod link dont work =( can someone post it here plz? i want it >_<

BManx2000
December 14, 2004, 2:48 pm
Inquisitor released a mod that combines this mod with several other mods that have cel-shaded graphics, you'd be beter off downloading that.
http://shutuparsch.tripod.com/lol/

Messiah
December 14, 2004, 11:18 pm
Nice but screenies would be nice :D

BManx2000
December 15, 2004, 1:16 am
Like I said, look on that site. It has screens for the modpack.