[Updated] The Battlefield renamed to RainForest
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Mielos
July 4, 2004, 11:41 pm
[Update]
since some people seemed to like my map , Updated it:
-done the shading
-fixed some details

sadly i didn't feel to reroute all the waypoints for ctf : so Bots will work in ctf but even worse then before. If you wish to play vs bots , make sure you are blue team because red bots work the best. Deathmatch bots etc , should work Pretty good.

PMS files :
Installation
Simply unzip the files to your Soldat/Maps directory
no additional scenery gfx needed

Deathmatch + TeamDeathmatch + Pointmatch + Rambomatch
[URL]

Capture the flag
[URL]

the screenies

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

[/update]

[ old Screens & files removed from webspace]

Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

Mielos
July 7, 2004, 3:28 pm
i'l put my time in it ;) but i'm pretty busy now :p

partisan
July 7, 2004, 6:23 pm
looks fine, but make some polygon shading :)

and if you finished send the map to selfkill contest http://www.selfkill.com/webv3/content/cms.php?action=showdetails&id=335&title=Aktuelle%20Meldungen

Darac
July 8, 2004, 11:34 pm
its good for a first completed map. use of scenery is there.... not great.... but its there. no one manages to get the hang of shading for the first few maps. and just about everyone doesnt even try to bot them... so i think this map is a great effort. good to see some people out there at least try to bot their maps. its the only way you get better. also the more ppl that can do it, means less work for the people that can. meaning they can make their own maps and not have to answer a bunch of e-mails say "can you bot my map its cool its great...." when really its crap... :/

sorry... just letting off soe steam. but really it is a good effort for a first map. keep it up. now start thinking of some new ideas and themes for you maps.... not just plain bits of dirt with a flag at each end. push the bonderies of the soldat map maker.

Mielos
July 9, 2004, 4:03 pm
Map Updated : Thanks for the positive comments and stuff everyone nice to know people also play the map before judging , thx Cookie :)

grand_diablo
July 9, 2004, 4:08 pm
Looks better now, but i still have to say something bout shading ;)

the deeper it gets the darker it should be, so it should actually get darker beneath the tunnels, but it gets brighter again on your map ;)

Mielos
July 9, 2004, 4:17 pm
oh ah well , yea didn't think further about that lol . Posted them for the selfkill contest now , not gonna change it any further;)

GluLm
July 9, 2004, 5:24 pm
It doesn't look THAT bad anymore,
although grand_diablo explained a very important point about darker colours...
There is still hope.