( search forums )
Single Player
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
bucky_brad
July 5, 2004, 5:30 pm
ok, I'm surprised that I had to be the one to bring this to the forums as it is such a simple idea and I thought someone would have done this LONG ago.

It is a single player map.
settings are -

Team DM
Survival
20 bot on blue. Less if you find it to hard.
Bot difficulty is your choice.

Objectives -

Primary:
find the enemy blueprints (blue flag) and bring it to the extraction zone (red flag).
Secondary:
destroy all enemies you come across.

This is only a draft to sketch out the idea and bring it to the forums. I dont like the design of the level, It is out of skale, and it just looks plain [:-censored].

Right now I am working on a actual decent map for this. So there will be more maps to come and hopfully made not only by me but other members of the forum and sml who like this idea. So take a look and keep in mind that this map is only to get the idea out into the community.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] sp_dam.zip8.88 KB

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2004, 10:34 am
Hmmm.....this idea here is actually pretty good. To compile was is needed in a single player mode, you'll need.

Custom Bots, set their weapons, such as rugers, so they will not randomly use the weapon you don't want them.

An linear style map, because or else there wouldn't be much point.

None or short bot waypoints, or only some full waypoints, so the enemies in the back will not accumulate and have you fight 20 bots at the end of the level.

A sub area, like chakapoke said.

This is all the basic things you'll need for single player, the game modes, layout is all up to you, although this is MUCH harder then making a normal map, it should work, and whoever makes a good one will probably be famous at the forums, and maybe, just MAYBE, they'll score a lol siggy :P, I'm gonna try it, and revive my inf_Berlin map to single player.

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 3:22 pm
I have an idea on how making kind of "switches" to pass a certain passage: if the map has no jets, u set a nade spawn somewhere, thats the "switch", (max grenades have to be at 1 sadly), then run to the now "open door" which is some platform where you plant the nade in a small only players collide hole, stand on the hole. then the grenade will shoot you on another platform u cannot reach by usual jumping.

complicated but it works :D

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 4:42 pm
Well then you have to turn m79 of which isn't really a good thing.

Darac
July 8, 2004, 11:43 pm
ummmm just one thing.... the reason why its hard to do this.... is because solday was invented for, yes you guessed it, MULTIPLAYER!!!!! if you want to play a game with extraction and such and such then for christ sake go and play rainbow six... but now when i look at it... isnt this just an inf map with bots that patrol around rather than camp at the entrance to a base. oh and there is one fatal problem, its the fact that these sort of games normally have some aspect of stealth. so unless there is a preditor thing around then i cant see this working. and even if it was used then it would become to easy...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 9, 2004, 2:30 am
why would single player be wrong? i mean, it opens up tons of new possiblities for mappers, and they'll get to revive their old maps that does not fit for MP, and convert it to SP. Plus, having to defeat 20 bots is hard, especially when you have one hp bar, and they have 20. (Using Barret Excluded, I'm talking about using up-close weapons) Even if you are killing them one at a time, it'll still be hard. About the Stealth issue, this is easy: since its Realistic mode, get the bots to face the wrong way, and Voila, you have stealth map.