( search forums )
Hight resolution
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Holynerkia
July 6, 2004, 1:54 am
We'll never see a better screen resolution for Soldat ???

Someting like 800x600 or 1024x768 .

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 6, 2004, 3:19 am
if we do, then everyone would use the highest one possible to see further.

peemonkey
July 6, 2004, 4:41 am
not to see further dipturd, so it'll be bigger (like windowed and fullscreen)
this has been suggested before.

sanity
July 6, 2004, 6:05 am
if you wouldnt want it to see furthur (on fullscreen) youd need to make larger polys... ie. total rework of soldat.

b00stA
July 6, 2004, 5:48 pm
Use the search function.
I found this using it:
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4946 (there are many many other topics about higher resolutions, but this one is the best imho)
(by me:)

I just thought of the possibilty for different resolutions --> different ranges of view (which of course wouldn't be fair).

So, now the reason for different resolutions would be that you actually dont have to change the resolution. I shall summarize:

- You have a small monitor and have no problems with 640*480 fullscreen/windowed mode. (I have 17" 1152*864 and I'm satisfied in windowed mode..)

- You have a big monitor and you cant stand the constant changing of the resolutions ("clicking") and windowed mode is too small..: Have Soldat NOT changing the resolution mode, yet make it fullscreen, e.g.:
19" 1600*1200: Settings in config.exe might be like: "Fullscreen with current desktop resolution" so you start up Soldat and the resolution keeps the same, though in fullscreen. Now Soldat will "stretch" the graphics to 1600*1200 (It actually might look the same when having 640*480 in fullscreen on the very same monitor.) This feature might use some more CPU, but heh that's a drawpack you have to tolerate.

Did I get everything right?
If this will get good feedback, we should contact Michal :)

N1nj@
July 6, 2004, 6:09 pm
is it possbile to increase the resolution without changing the ranges of the view??? or will that mess up things...

b00stA
July 6, 2004, 6:12 pm
N1nj@, how exactly do you mean that?
Increase the resolution? Do you want to play in 1024*768 fullscreen with BETTER GRAPHICS, but the same range?
Michal would have to redo all sceneries/gostek.

palloco
July 6, 2004, 7:03 pm
Or maybe someone can help him

sativa
July 6, 2004, 9:56 pm
err i forgotten how but it is possible to change a games resolution without changing the vieuwing (the range you can see) and without changing all the files but it needs some coding but i forgot where I found it

peemonkey
July 7, 2004, 6:39 pm
damn it, my post was deleted.
ever zoom out photoshop? nothing changes except the size, so why cant soldat do that? :P

sativa
July 7, 2004, 7:59 pm
thas true and it is possible in games check half life and all otehr games that use different screen resolutions but i think some files have to be decompressed and we will not longer have bmp's as our editable guns and stuff it would change to other style and all guns should probably have their own animations i guess

b00stA
July 7, 2004, 10:49 pm
sativa, you can't compare a 3D game like Half life with a 2d game like Soldat.
Half life was made with high resolutions in mind.

Simply discard the idea of "better" graphics by remaking the scenery/gostek. I'm sure it won't happen.

N1nj@
July 7, 2004, 11:53 pm
cause the range thing is really unfair...