( search forums )
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] 1.2 is out
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
societies_punishment
July 6, 2004, 5:51 pm
Remember the excitement of 1.2 comming out ... well, I found a log file .. the only log file I have, just sitting there on my HD waiting to be found. It's dated 1-21-2004 9:24:17 PM (This could be wrong my CMOS battery has been dead for a while) but the topics subject name comes from the man who delivered the news. Imagine my surprise and excitement when your playing a DM kicking some ass and then someone you know come online and tells you this -----> 1.2 is out .... it was like ... well see for yourself....

Game Log Started On 1-21-2004 9:24:17 PM
Welcome to Soldat 1.1.5
Connection accepted to 24.78.161.45
Welcome to Mr. Snowman's playground
Waiting to join game...
[ ]S.Punishment has joined the game!
[ SERVER MESSAGE ] Lag spikes or Server crash:someone on the computer.
[ ]S.Punishment has joined the game!
RaVe'N has disconnected
[TAIC.KAW] ??
HuH!|[THE]SECRET has joined the game!
HuH!|[THE]SECRET has joined the game!
[[ ]S.Punishment] HEY MAN
[[ ]S.Punishment] whats up
simbuddy server has left the game
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] why dont u got new version?
[[ ]S.Punishment] !
[[ ]S.Punishment] ITS OUT!?!?!?!?
Time Left: 5 minutes
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] 1.2 is out
[[ ]S.Punishment] OMG
[[ ]S.Punishment] O M F G
[[ ]S.Punishment] KEWL
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] sign on AIM
[[ ]S.Punishment] you better not be playin
[[ ]S.Punishment] cant just formated
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] well it actually sux
[[ ]S.Punishment] it would take a min
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] its a upset
[[ ]S.Punishment] t thats what everyone said when 1.1.5 came out
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] all vets hate it
Time Left: 4 minutes
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] this version does suck
[[ ]S.Punishment] dude change is good you get used to useing diffe
enk@2ch.IRC.net has joined the game!
enk@2ch.IRC.net has joined the game!
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] u kiddn me
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] dude not this much change
[TAIC.KAW] Q
[[ ]S.Punishment] ok i will try it
[HuH!|[THE]SECRET] get it

Ya, as you can tell I was real happy, do you remember what you where doing when you found out? .... *sigh* I can't wait for the next soldat to come out.

You know whats real funny though, the next version is gonna come out and everyone will whine about that and I'm just gonna say the same thing.

That's what everyone said when 1.1.5 1.2 came out.

n00bface
July 6, 2004, 6:08 pm
i was up, then my good friend silent assassin and frogboy told me to get it, then we played, and it sucked, and i whined with my good friend m00, and we decided we would start using spas, and we didn't.

b00stA
July 6, 2004, 6:09 pm
Yep, there's a lot of extreme whining (sometimes even praising by a few) every time there's a (major) release.

All I can say.. no, wait. I don't say anything at all, I just play, have fun and shut up.

N1nj@
July 6, 2004, 6:17 pm
I hope the next version won't be release in september again...when school starts...=\

Kazuki
July 6, 2004, 7:00 pm
I was told on MSN, by my bud BMF. I said something similar. 'OMG, really? It's out?!?' Yep. After I played it, I thought: 'What the hell took him so long to release this?' because, well, I didn't think it was anything special.

Weed
July 6, 2004, 10:01 pm
it still isnt
i remember when i first played it i told koil this was going to be the downfall of soldat. and that Michal turned all the autos into noobguns.
i was right.

CbbLe
July 7, 2004, 10:18 am
He can screw up the game all he wants..it will still be the best game ever :) *unless he removes barret..then I crush his knees*

sativa
July 7, 2004, 12:59 pm
*me jumps in front of you trying to crush his knees and blasts you head of with the steyr aug

Alamo
July 7, 2004, 1:07 pm
The Autos were turned into noobguns. Ok i agree. but (yeha, there always is a but) like that there's some change in the game b/c now the autos actually are used. before everyone used noob gun #1 the barret or M79 -.-
MM should never have progged that dumb [:-censored]ed up #!*@ scope. I want the barret from 105b back.

societies_punishment
July 7, 2004, 6:01 pm
*slaps forehead* you all don't know what your talking about .... some of you just even proved the point that I am gonna make.

The guns are fairer now ... don't be mad at micheal because your favorite gun is now on the same level as the autos, realisctically one well placed shot from ANY gun can kill you in real life. I mean you guys want more realistic games provided you don't lose the advantage.

Seriously stop b!tching about the zoom feature on the barr it was needed to make it more fairer besides it's more realistic have you ever tryed to use a scope for real? It takes time to steady it.
It's just that the gun is the most annoying to be killed by and that's why everyone b!tches, so stop it I have heard anough.

Anywho this topic isn't up for heated debate about the guns again, although I will say/remind you of this quote. I can't remeber who said it but it is very true.

"It's a very natural and common thing for the human being to resist change." ~Some dude

Why? because you are used to useing something one way and are an expert that way and no other. If something changes, you have to learn to use it again and perhaps regret the loss of advantage and overlook the fairness that the game now has.

Common people if you keep thinking in two dimentional terms, then you will always have a big let down in the comming versions and for that matter everything else.

Weed
July 7, 2004, 6:07 pm
Sp, that "you all wrong, im right" arrogant attitude about your stupid opinion makes you look like an imbecil.
retard.

Deleted User
July 7, 2004, 6:35 pm
Don't start a weapons balance arguement, keep to the topic. Unless you want this locked, stop talking about weapon balance.

I remember when I found out about the 1.2 release. I was reading a topic called "1.2 Final Version" in Beta Testing, Michal said he was going to release it, and he just needed to prepare for the release. Then I opened a 1.2 server for the public to play in [:D].

Kazuki
July 7, 2004, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Don't start a weapons balance arguement, keep to the topic. Unless you want this locked, stop talking about weapon balance.

While Stalky is completely right about the weapon balance talk, he needs to check the forum he is in, which is the Bash Pit. [Almost] Unmoderated. :) Can't lock, Stalky.

peemonkey
July 7, 2004, 8:07 pm
skank.

Alamo
July 7, 2004, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by societies_punishment
It takes time to steady it.

No need to steady it in Soldat though... You can even shoot without scope and i want to see you shoot with a barret and hit without a scope.

societies_punishment
July 8, 2004, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky

That's exaclty what I'm trying to avoid, I'm not trying to be arragent, now pls stop it, this is just a friendly conversation, common now.

Weed
July 8, 2004, 2:46 am
you
are
an
imbecil

Kazuki
July 8, 2004, 5:10 am
All heil the Emperor of Flame! For he owns you all with his 'I-am-better-than-all-of-you' attitude!

You wanna talk about weapon balance? Click here then!

Weed
July 8, 2004, 5:38 am
Kaz, i told you to that you should shut your mouth.
"if you have nothing good to say, shut the hell up"
give an example
hypocrit.

societies_punishment
July 8, 2004, 6:25 am
Your a big fag weed you ruined another topic.

Weed
July 8, 2004, 6:35 am
oh no, just dont call me a fag
oh my, im gonna go cry.
grow some pubes then talk to me.
retard.

Kazuki
July 8, 2004, 7:45 am
Oh, yay, Weed, I'm the hypocrit for once. Jeez, I don't see you any close to perfect.

Element_101
July 8, 2004, 9:20 am
Wow this thread went off topic fast!

1.2 came out when I left soldat for 3 for 4 months so I got a nice surprise when I decided to see what was happening here, it was 1.2 that convinced me to come back :D

that fuking sniper
July 8, 2004, 9:50 am
Weapon balance and 1.2? Who gives a [:-censored]?

I'm just here to see Weed get his ass kicked by Kazuki when he gets mad enough to put him in his place. Be cautious Weed, for you are poking the hornet's nest. And I'm talking about those bigass Japanese ones that go for the balls first, then make you wanna die, and leave you alive.

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 2:02 pm
Bash Pit...O_o I'm a dumbass [:D].

Kazuki, just ignore Weed, he's not worth the English language.

Kazuki
July 8, 2004, 8:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
Be cautious Weed, for you are poking the hornet's nest. And I'm talking about those bigass Japanese ones that go for the balls first, then make you wanna die, and leave you alive.

ROFL! You know he will counter that with a so-called 'insult' to both you and I. Anyway, Weed's my bud, but I really hate him sometimes. <_<

Weed
July 8, 2004, 8:52 pm
cover me in chocolate and throw me at the lesbians.

Kazuki
July 8, 2004, 9:02 pm
Me first! >:(

Weed
July 8, 2004, 11:04 pm
btw TFS, next time you try to sound smart, remember Hornets dont have nests, they have Hives.

gi.joe
July 9, 2004, 1:04 am
quote:remember Hornets dont have nests, they have Hives

Kazuki
July 9, 2004, 2:20 am
lol, Weed, in the English language, 'Hornet's nest' is another term used to describe a hive. <_<

that fuking sniper
July 9, 2004, 2:33 am
Its OK, actually, Kaz. I was just messing with Weed and I actually knew that he *wont* counter that with an insult, because I knew him too long for us to fight like silly schoolgirls on the forums :)

This is some random post in the bash pit, you think I care about where this goes? Wooo, another weapon balance/1.2 thread. I'm surprised nobody told you guys to use the "search" option yet as they do oh-so-often in the suggestions forum :P

Edit: poking the hornet's nest is an old and traditional way to tell someone they're taking something too far and about to get hurt. I know the word 'hive' is the one that's used generally, but this is a "commonly said phrase" that everyone should know. And Weed was actually right about me trying to sound smart. Thats why people use these phrases, to show their [obvious_exaggeration]awesome and unfathomable knowledge and mastery of the language[/obvious_exaggeration] that they recognize that everyone should know as well. Just like the "Meshalim" [:-censored] you got in the Tora that rabis like to repeat quite too much.

Weed
July 9, 2004, 6:48 am
*me rapes TFAS with a rusty pipe

that post made me think of something... TFAS wearing a schoolgirl uniform

*me goes [:-censored]

BTW!!!!!!!!!!: i knew that smartasses, you didnt get the sarcasm ("you trying to sound so smart with your things i cant understand ;_;" kinda joke)

back to the schoolgirl thing...
->

Kazuki
July 9, 2004, 7:22 am
Uh-oh... Weed's lost his cool. Armaggedon! ... AGAIN!

Weed
July 9, 2004, 12:38 pm
may the raining cats drop now!