( search forums )
Soldat just did the annoying thing so far
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Ta-2
July 7, 2004, 4:06 pm
Now i started Soldat. Pressed ok to the nag screen. Resolution change -> beep Then '35221412' is not a valid integer valua. SIGH -> I click something -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen-> Beep -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen-> Beep -> Ctrl + alt + del -> beep -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen-> Beep -> Click on Soldat -> beep -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen-> Beep -> The screen is that big that i cant resize it to press End Task so -> beep -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen-> Beep -> I try again -> beep -> Resolution change and another is not a valid integer blablabla screen -> Beep -> Again -> beep -> Resolution change -> Beep -> .... I struggled with this for 7min coz i didnt want to lose my downloads by rebooting. Then it just stopped and i was free [:-yuck]
I tried again. Same thing! [:-yawn]
And what comes to bug reporting, this is as detailed i can explain it [:-crazy]

Took a screenshot :>
[IMAGE]

I think that was all of it [:-shake]

N1nj@
July 7, 2004, 4:35 pm
reinstall it?

b00stA
July 7, 2004, 7:15 pm
Yep, reinstall it.
if it still happens, disable fullscreen and tell us what happens :o

Ta-2
July 7, 2004, 8:38 pm
Bleh, i dont want to reinstall Soldat. I just want Soldat to work when i want to play it.

Bug report is a bug report

b00stA
July 8, 2004, 1:28 pm
Solution is a solution

palloco
July 8, 2004, 3:20 pm
LOL Boosta, that is not the solution to a bug. Imagine a bug that makes Winodws restart 50% of the times. Microsoft solution: restart. LOL

b00stA
July 8, 2004, 5:08 pm
No, Microsoft considers that as a feature somewhere between "security" and "performance".

The last time I got that error message was with Soldat 1.1.5 because some editbox was empty. I don't remember which one, so make sure that every field has a value (IP, port, player limit etc.)

Unlucky 13
July 11, 2004, 3:08 am
at the corner of the screen i saw an ATI logo, and ati cards HATE sodlat and vica-versa. could be ur problem (may also happen with NvidA desktop) Oh, and do u use, Lindows or linux, and if linux, what type?

EDIT: Old ATI cards, i should have said. and most likely the styleXP and so on. that looks like a resolution change problem. windows bug? i have ME and nothing of the like happens. Valid Integer Problem. HUH?!? has this same problem, and this is XP too... so it could be an XP bug. Get all service packs/critical updates and so on.

Ta-2
July 12, 2004, 10:29 pm
Thats Windows, ATi 9800 directX 9 latest drivers

Liber_Lupus
July 12, 2004, 11:23 pm
ati cards hate soldat? I have an ati card and i have no problems with it in soldat.

BManx2000
July 12, 2004, 11:55 pm
Whenever I get that error it's because I ran out of system resources. Soooo...

Restart :P

morpheus
July 13, 2004, 1:50 am
i've got soldat installed on 2 machines, both with ati cards, and have had no probs from either.

Toumaz
July 13, 2004, 5:12 pm
Maybe problems with other programs, or your desktop theme.

Ta-2
July 14, 2004, 6:05 pm
Running out of system memory my ass, i gotts 512mb ddr 400mzh and styleXP takes only 22mb

TyFlame
July 23, 2004, 6:05 pm
I had the same problem. I re-installed, but that didn't do crap. After the reinstall, though, I restarted, and then it seemed to work. It hasn't given me any more crap to date.

On a side note, what XP theme is that, and where can I get it? [:P]

Blizard_Dragon
July 24, 2004, 12:06 am
Just re-install the game... What's your problem?

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 1:10 am
I'm running an ATi card and I'm having no problems. :| I think it's your system specs that have the problem with Soldat.