( search forums )
Perfect Dark v1.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Noobile
July 8, 2004, 4:44 am
Allrighty, seems that the forums deleted this one *cocks an eyebrow* anyhow, you probably remember Nintendo64's Perfect Dark...I've done a mod based off of it. This is my first public mod, so constructive critisim, is ok by me, just leave the flaming for the bash pit please.

you can get it here
http://www.freewebs.com/noobile/downloads.htm

Here's a few pictures of it
[IMAGE]
Ak74 - K7 Avenger
[IMAGE]
Spas12 - shotgun (generic, I know, but it's what's in PD)
[IMAGE]
Mp5 - CMP150
[IMAGE]
H&KUSP mk 19 ( Soccom) - Falcon2 (silenced)

and so on, so fourth, Heres the menu..
[IMAGE]

I'm working on an interface, but that's taking time...well, lemme know what you think (constructively) thanks...

you can get it here
http://www.freewebs.com/noobile/downloads.htm

HellRaider
July 8, 2004, 5:23 am
Err, I'd hate to put you down, but i don't see the difference in the weapon-gfx. Looks just like the last version. This IS a new version isn't it?
What I did notice:
- Sfx are quieter now, so when i play my ears don't bleed
- Weapons Menu are more detailed/Better looking then the last one

GJ on the mod, but maybe next time you can make the AK a little more..detailed.

Tha Doggfather
July 8, 2004, 12:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
Allrighty, seems that the forums deleted this one *cocks an eyebrow*

if you mean your previous thread about v0.1, its just on the second page:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=15449

MisterX
July 8, 2004, 2:06 pm
YOU ARE MY KING!
yay, great, great! After 6 years of having Goldeneye I finally bought Perfect Dark 1 or 2 months ago. I'm still playing it at the moment. I thought about making a mod, but I wouldn't know how to draw the weapons in the interface. So I only made Double DY357 Magnums, with only ingame graphics and sound. But before writing more I should really try out the mod at first.. I hope there is a DY357 Magnum in, because if not, it's.. it's just not right, it has to be in ;)

Now that I tried it out I must say that it's not as good as I thought. It's "ok". The interface images don't look really good, but the weapons ingame are ok I think. But I really don't like the sound. Except the falcon and maybe the sniper they are too quiet. But when I change the volume, the sound of the grenade is too loud. And I think the sound of the N-Bomb isn't the right for a simple grenade :) But the weapon choice is fine, except I would've taken a non-silenced Falcon 2 for Socom.
I like the Magnum's sound I have. Maybe I could make the rest of the sounds?

Melba
July 8, 2004, 2:27 pm
WOOWOO!
btw why does so many ppl ahve two sig pics?

MisterX
July 8, 2004, 2:32 pm
It's a single picture, 300x125 pixels, 16,21kb big, just like the rules allow. I simply made one picture out of those two. I hope there's no problem with it? I just got two, because I want to show my fav. weaps in Soldat, and want to advertise for my clan ;)

And Noobile, I'll take the sounds know. Maybe you don't want to have them then, but I'll make them, at least for myself ;)
Ah and one thing: The K7 isn't that bright I think, it should be darker. But I like the Farsight. It helps to see Barretards, but still isn't something like "cheating", because in Perfect Dark it really looks like that :)

[edit]
and another point, why it would be better to make the Falcon 2 unsilenced in my opinion: The silenced Falcon 2 and the Sniper Rifle nearly sound the same, a Falcon 2 without silencer sounds completely different :)

Noobile
July 8, 2004, 4:40 pm
@the doggfather the link to the topic works, but when I look for it manually throught he forums, it doesnt appear...*boggles at the concept*

@hellraider this is just a re-tooling/editing of the original I did, I tried making the AK ( K7 ) a little more detailed, but it didnt quite look right, nor did the original game's color scheme fit for this, it just looked like a reallly dark stick that shot bullets..

@misterx I used the n-bomb sound because I meant for the grenades to be n-bombs, little black explosion and all, I guess I looked over that, will fix. I used the silenced Falcon sound, because the non silenced one, was basically the same sound as the soccom, just sounded like it came from a can, and a little deeper in the bass quality, so I stuck with the silenced one, because I like silenced,or suppressed weapons, and I felt like changing the pistol to somthing silenced, I always thought the original should have been, dont ask why... The Farsight, you're right about, it is bright, but it's what's used in the game, so I stuck with it. it makes it harder for people to just sit somewhere (anywhere really)and shoot anything that walks by in the toe and have them die.

MisterX
July 8, 2004, 5:32 pm
i didn't say something against the farsight, i ment it's great that it is like that. and i nearly changed all sounds know, i just need the reaper now (the problem is, i take the sounds from a perfect dark rom on an emulator. but from the start you don't have all weapons in multiplayer, so you need to play the challenges in order to unlock them. and playing perfect dark on a keyboard sucks..). i also changed the punch, vest (shield) sounds, all the grenade sounds (pull out, throw, bounce and explosion), weapon pick sound, weapon switch sound, and so on. but i really think they sound better, also in quality. so if you want to have them, just tell me.

[edit]
oh, i forgot to exchange the predator sounds with the cloaking device and maybe berserker with adrenaline :)

Noobile
July 8, 2004, 6:01 pm
hmm.... yeah, if you've got them, go to my website www.freewebs.com/noobile/contact.htm for my contact information, and you can e-mail them to me, I'll throw them in. Dont worry about space, I have 100Mg of e-mail capacity that I think I'm using about 2k of. I can imagine how horrible Pd is on a keyboard *shudders and represses tears* but, I think I can work somthing out....any more ideas, drop me a line, I'll throw them in, and give credit where credit is due.

damnnation
July 8, 2004, 6:03 pm
looks good man *click*

MisterX
July 8, 2004, 6:32 pm
well, i finally got the reaper and the sounds. i just forgot the devastator, but luckily i made a challenge now (i wanted to get adrenaline) where i got the devastator. and i think the predator sound is cool now. at first you hear the cloaking device sound of pd, and then the normal soldat predator music :) (i didn't want to delete the music, because often it helps you to find a predator, because you still hear the music) but I don't think I will do the same with the adrenaline. it's really anoying to play the challenges like that. i mean, i got problems to finish many challenges on the n64 with an n64 controller, and now i need to finish the same challenges with a keyboard.. no, no! but i don't think adrenaline is that important, so i just won't add it. so when i finished the devastator sounds i'll send them to you.

[edit]
and i've got an idea. what about changing the m2 to a laptop gun? ^^ maybe a big tripod, and on it theres a laptop gun. just to really change EVERY weapon

[edit²]
still forgot a few things -_-" complete chainsaw, law reload and explosion sound.. but then i finally got everything..

[edit³]
i've got a problem.. what's the law reload sound called? and how to record the damn reload sound of the rocket launcher? i can reload right after shooting, then i've got the shooting sound with the reload sound. or i take the empty rocket launcher and reload after taking ammunition, then i've got the pick up sound with the reload sound..

[edit4]
FINALLY, i finished making the sounds. man, that took time.. but, now I wanted to look how great the mod plays in the internet, and then - "Cannot play with modified objects...". You changed the size of the graphics? [V]

Noobile
July 8, 2004, 7:54 pm
nope, all the weapon sizes, are nearly exactly the same sizes as the originals, even the sound files (save a few), I play online with it all the time, except I still have the loud sounds ( I kinda like em... ),I dont see why you cant, anyone else having this problem? unless you've modded my mod, and changed the graphics.....those pics I took from an online DM. cant remember the server to save my life, but that's besides the point..

MisterX
July 8, 2004, 9:12 pm
i didnt, but for example the falcon 2 with the silencer is 3 pixels too big. I don't think they may be any bigger, may they?
I don't know if the images really may not have a different size, but those images have a different size to the original images:
chainsaw.bmp
chainsaw2.bmp
colt1911.bmp
colt1911-2.bmp
m79-clip.bmp
m79-clip2.bmp
minigun2.bmp
minigun-2.bmp
minigun.bmp
minigun-fire.bmp
minigun-rotate.bmp
minigun-rotate-2.bmp
spas12.bmp
spas12-2.bmp
steyraug.bmp
steyraug-2.bmp

Tzunami
July 30, 2004, 7:44 pm
Well, I had Perfect Dark when I had my N64 and to this day I can still say it's honestly the best game I've ever played. I like the idea of making a Pdark mod and I like your mod, its a middle-of-the-road mod out of the mods that I've used. I don't really think that The K7 Avenger should be that color, In the game it's a very dark blue. I kinda don't like the farsight, on the game, it's very sleek and extremly futuristic looking, everything on it is curved, I would suggest to make the barrel of the gun slightly curved inward to give a futristic look, also, the farsi-ght, has a bigger butt than that. Other than that, I think it's a pretty good, mod, you did a great job for your first time, GJ!

papasurf31
July 31, 2004, 2:37 pm
Holy sh*t! I'm sorry but those interface pics sux major ass. The only one I think looks even remotely good is the AR-34. Other than that though, you just added on to the original weapons and changed a few colors, which is a huge Soldat modding NO-NO. I might just have to make my own PD mod just to show you up.
But, since it's your first mod, I have to give you some credit. Mostly on the sounds cause there's no background noise.

@MisterX - Where do you get your roms? And what n64 emulator do you use? I use PJ64 and my fav site is phantomcastle.it.