( search forums )
Optimizing Realistic mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2004, 10:24 am
So, last week, I hosted a server going called ILOA server, which hosted a Survival Realistic game (Which is probably the ONLY server that ever played that mode for that long) Many people joined, and we had a great time fighting on Larange, with Artillaries flying, and bullets hitting.....which was all fun, but the lag issue was really really bad, since nobody but me is able to see their scores, and they don't even get a kill message when they die. I think that this is probably one of the reasons that no body plays on Realistic, because if you want to even try to play it online, you'll have to have a really really good connection, where as in normal mode, it is easy to make a lag free server. Optimize Realistic mode, and it will lengthen the game's life, not to mention more fun.

P.S, I host a Survival Realistic Server sometimes (Usually on the weekend afternoons on Pacific Time ), called ILOA server, Realistic. If anyone wants to join, they are welcome to, or at least come and witness how laggy it is and help fight for my cause :P

Hope Micheal can make realistic better

- Lunerfox

Alamo
July 8, 2004, 11:35 am
Yay I like Realistic. Make it more common! :)

Weed
July 10, 2004, 6:09 am
are you trying to say realistic mode lags more then normal mode?
that must be the most idiotic thing i ever heard, and if its true, its still the most idiotic thing i ever heard.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 10, 2004, 11:32 am
oh yeah, realistic mode certainly lags more then normal, and whats wrong with trying to make the game better? I mean, this is about half the game that everyone has been missing out on, why implentment new game modes when you can make the older ones better?

Dathker
July 10, 2004, 3:33 pm
meloves realistic...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 10, 2004, 9:06 pm
Yeah! And wouldn't you love it if you can actually play realistic mode online at anytime, instead of having only one server (mine) to play it only sometimes? If I can only get more supporters....

Soulsnipa
July 10, 2004, 9:20 pm
I never heard of it lagging before....but I like the idea...

kevith
July 10, 2004, 10:07 pm
I've played quite a bit o' real in my day and I've never noticed any significant lag increase. I will resume playing and hosting my "Real + FF" server again in about 5 weeks. I know you guys can hardly wait...

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 11, 2004, 12:01 am
Realistic and Survival mode together is pwnage, i ono about FF though, people are so easy to kill in realistic that only a few shots from any weapon could kill.

sativa
July 11, 2004, 1:11 am
most pplz love realistic but most realistic games get [:-censored]ed up with those rugers thats why you don't find much realistic servers presonally i love realistic it brings soldat a betetr level of realism

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 11, 2004, 5:13 am
Rugers should only kill with a headshot, and if it is survival mode, god damn, something needs to be done about rejoining. Also, locking someteams, so only 2 or 3 teams could be used would be nice too.

sativa
July 12, 2004, 9:27 pm
yeah thats true but still only headshots is not realistic anymore but you should atlmeast still have 10% health

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 12, 2004, 11:36 pm
Personally, when i host the servers, i don't see too many people using rugers, I see more people using Autos and Snipers then rugers, so i guess that not all that big of a problem.

sergioe16
July 29, 2004, 2:48 am
Deagles and spas is what i mostly see in realistic. And I have never noticed any increased lag in realistic, and not seeing the death message in surval mode is probably a bug.

Cookie.
July 29, 2004, 4:20 am
ive never noticed increased lag in realistic, rugers are generally weapons of choice i have to agree, not seeing the death message in survival i dont think is bug its always been that way... it be nice if in team games you could set the number of teams so you can do red vs blue survival ive loved playing that in some servers,,, and rejoining in surivival just isnt cool alot of people do it and if im running a server i will ban them if they do :P

frogboy
July 29, 2004, 6:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox
something needs to be done about rejoining.

Maybe that something could be that anyone who joins in the middle of a 'round' starts off dead until that 'round' is finished?

DeMonIc
July 29, 2004, 10:22 am
Eh...
I really don't wanna argue with you, but I play realistic all the time, and the reason u can't see the death's log is because of survival.Real is definetly not more laggy than normal mode.

AerialAssault
July 29, 2004, 11:55 am
i also think recoild for realistic mode should be reduced when crouched, and significantly reduced while prone.

DeMonIc
July 29, 2004, 12:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
i also think recoild for realistic mode should be reduced when crouched, and significantly reduced while prone.

Join the club.

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

I agree

kkazican
August 6, 2004, 7:31 am
Yeah it is a pain with the lag. I remember one server where i had 100 ping or so and everytime I would shoot someone 4 times and i know there is no way he could have dodged the bullets. The guy will shoot me 3 times and then die for apparently no reason when infact my bullets from 5 seconds earlier killed him he just doesn't respond that fast. I'm not sure if that's lag or some sort of glitch in the coding causing a delay. Also fix the sights during rm so that it is no so 1 sided eg you face right you see everything right you face left you see everything left. I think it should be more cone like so if you look up you see above you if you look down you see below. At least add 4 quadrants of vision instead of 2.

Element_101
August 6, 2004, 9:33 am
How the hell could realistic mode make the game lag more than normal mode. Theres no reason it should..

Leo Da Lunerfox
October 12, 2004, 8:33 am
I think its mostly increased data that needs to be sent to the server and the client.

And yes, I know, dead topic, but whatever, it was a good idea