( search forums )
annoyed!!! ROARRRRRRRRRRRR
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
CbbLe
July 8, 2004, 11:50 am
CbbLe's list of annoying things people say everyday:

1. "Hit!"
Why the hell do I still se veteran players saying that stupid word when they hit someone (in their screen) and the enemy doesn't die...you all know that it is because of lag! everyone knows it! so why the [:-censored] do you say 'hit'..they won't die because of that..
We all know that it lags. oh my, im going crazy about these people :(

2. "Server sucks, it lags like hell!"
Simple solutions..leave the server and find another one if it isn't good enough.
For clans (seen it way too many times):
They play in the server for like 20minutes...then they get beaten and starts whining about lag = bad loosers. If it does lag say it directly and not just when u loose so we can find a better one.

3. Barretard!
You think barret is boring/doesn't need skill/you suck against it. Whatever you think about the barret it won't do any good if you whine about it in the server. The barret wont be nerfed in the server. So why whine there? go to the forums.

BARRET-n00B..You can only play with that gun
Just because I find it more fun playing with my barret doesn't mean I can't use other guns. the reason is simple..I like this gun the most, because it's the funniest one to use in my opinion..

Summarize
please do as I say before I get an heartattack..I feel it getting closer and closer everytime I hear those words.
be happy people..you do play the game cause it's fun [^]

If you dont..atleast shut the [:-censored] up.thx
moooooOOOOOOO000000000!

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 12:10 pm
Agreed.

Hektik Sniper
July 8, 2004, 12:51 pm
yah, it makes me giggle everytime someone says one of these things, I tend to resist the temptation to respond and start a flame war though. ¬_¬

Alamo
July 8, 2004, 1:06 pm
I say barretard because i often succeed in persuading the barretard to change gun.

Oh, and don't start topics like this. Everyone knows this is annoying. ;) You see, if everyone only said what is important this would be a silent word.

popseed
July 8, 2004, 1:21 pm
well it might annoy me if in some clanwar a barretard was escaping with our flag and i hit him but since the server lags like hell he'll just get a boost from it.

:o

BARON
July 8, 2004, 1:31 pm
quote:1. "Hit!"
Why the hell do I still se veteran players saying that stupid word when they hit someone (in their screen) and the enemy doesn't die...you all know that it is because of lag! everyone knows it! so why the do you say 'hit'..they won't die because of that..
We all know that it lags. oh my, im going crazy about these people

Ok for one the hit thing, I even see some of the best players say it, when you are in a intense game against a good clan and you hit them dead on with say a M79, or like 10 times with a Minime and they still don't die you get mad say "Hit", "lag kill" or w/e you want and then move on.

quote:2. "Server sucks, it lags like hell!"
Simple solutions..leave the server and find another one if it isn't good enough.
They play in the server for like 20minutes...then they get beaten and starts whining about lag = bad loosers. If it does lag say it directly and not just when u loose so we can find a better one.

Alright the laggy servers, well you can't really fix that but you learn to play with lag and finish the game, or pospone the gamr and play in another server with no fuss, as long as everyone agrees.

quote:3. Barretard!
You think barret is boring/doesn't need skill/you suck against it. Whatever you think about the barret it won't do any good if you whine about it in the server. The barret wont be nerfed in the server. So why whine there? go to the forums

ok the Barret is a sniper rifle, and should be used as one, usually now days when you use a Barret you will get run over, unless of course you are SV` and thats all you use. Hardly anyone uses it anymore in SCTFL,SDL,TNL or any leagues that I've been in. It takes the fun out of everything and well doesn't always work so it's generally a overrated gun.

My summary, stop whinning about the problems and you do something about it, go to the SDL forums sign up as free agent and see if you get drafted into a team. And see how often all this happens, because it doesnt that very often.

-[UC]SlayerS`BoxeR`

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 1:38 pm
yeah cbble goddamnit everyone will say "hit!" when its a must-hit moment and the server screws it :@
NO MORE KHEBAB FOR YOU

N1nj@
July 8, 2004, 1:49 pm
HIT! LAGS! BARRETARD!!!!!!!!

lol, ya, they are annoying at times. But most of the time, I just don't look at the chat that much. And I have nothing against barret anyway...just fuking dealges..lol

CbbLe
July 8, 2004, 1:51 pm
"ok the Barret is a sniper rifle, and should be used as one, usually now days when you use a Barret you will get run over, unless of course you are SV` and thats all you use. Hardly anyone uses it anymore in SCTFL,SDL,TNL or any leagues that I've been in. It takes the fun out of everything and well doesn't always work so it's generally a overrated gun."

how many times do I have to say the same thing?
We are 8 people in the clan, 2 of us uses barret...is that much? I bet that's as much as every other clan. In 105 we all used barrets..that was like a year ago. People change (although: barret to the people!)

"And see how often all this happens, because it doesnt that very often."

unfortunatly it does every day on ever server

Melba
July 8, 2004, 1:51 pm
and stop saying "nOOb" when they ask a question, no matter how idiotic it is.
i often get questions like this: " where's your head?", and "why you got no head?"
i use to respond like this: "I threw it away", and "i lost it", "lemme know if you find it"
anyway, that was offtopic
anyway when ppl ask a question like " how do you shoot(yes they say shoot) knife?" my answer is "f"
easy isnt it? takes less time too than typing nOOb...

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 1:52 pm
I'm not starting a flame war Cbble, but I remember 1.1.5 when all but about 2 members used Barret [:(]. The others were Donnie Darko with Ak74 and someone with the Eagles.

sanity
July 8, 2004, 2:31 pm
i swear i hit point blank with the m79 sometimes and 0 damage is done to the player. maybe it could be lag spikes [:-censored]ing with the anti-lag system but i dunno... ive been hit with m79 and grenades, gone flying but had no damage.

Dark_Noddy
July 8, 2004, 2:41 pm
2 thumbs and 10 toes up 4 Cbble !

BARON
July 8, 2004, 3:01 pm
quote:how many times do I have to say the same thing?
We are 8 people in the clan, 2 of us uses barret...is that much? I bet that's as much as every other clan. In 105 we all used barrets..that was like a year ago. People change (although: barret to the people!)

Maybe you should come play in Blans server and see how far a person with a Berret will get. one shot kills one guy, but theres always another watching his or her back. if the people you are playing have good teamwork the barret is useless.

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 3:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by BARON

Maybe you should come play in Blans server and see how far a person with a Berret will get. one shot kills one guy, but theres always another watching his or her back. if the people you are playing have good teamwork the barret is useless.

k so what does that have to do with cbble ?
and what's that server's ip ? ;P

palloco
July 8, 2004, 3:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe
1. "Hit!"
Why the hell do I still se veteran players saying that stupid word when they hit someone (in their screen) and the enemy doesn't die...you all know that it is because of lag! everyone knows it! so why the [:-censored] do you say 'hit'..they won't die because of that..
We all know that it lags. oh my, im going crazy about these people :(

If I do that I would have to say nearly always Hit when I miss and I did not hit! when I kill.

CbbLe
July 8, 2004, 3:39 pm
"if the people you are playing have good teamwork the barret is useless."

uhhm, why would it be?
it usually works fine for me...

sativa
July 8, 2004, 4:41 pm
sometimes pplz say these words accidently cause for example i say these words to but when i play soldat my brains is shut off;) so it's just a natural response;)

N1nj@
July 8, 2004, 5:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
quote:Originally posted by BARON

k so what does that have to do with cbble ?
and what's that server's ip ? ;P

The password is: rambo

The ip is: blan.afraid.org

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=15131 for more information

Droopy
July 8, 2004, 8:30 pm
I say Barrettard when I'm bored couse today... Servers are quiet ass.. umm.. ... ... ...they're quiet!

So to start a conversation.. I say barrettard and suddenly everyone's calling me a n00b and stuff. They I pull the string and suddenly we're talking about WOW or something:D

I remember 1.1.5... When you didnt have to say barrettard(actualy that word didnt exist back there:P) to start a conversation... Servers were full and mixed... And there were campers.. Uhh.. I remember them well.. The anoying click! And you were dead.. I miss those days :(((

Weed
July 8, 2004, 8:38 pm
i like ice cream

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 8:56 pm
i say ban weed.. he's trying to make this a barret thread.

LinK
July 8, 2004, 9:35 pm
werd cbble... decent post

I also like to see

"OMG who crashed that linux server?!?!?!?"

ofcourse, that's only in IRC

Chakra
July 8, 2004, 10:43 pm
Let's not forget the numerous rejects unfamiliar with real mode.

"why is everyone going invisible?"

..and those familiar with real mode..

"ugh, I hate real mode. *leaves server*"

that fuking sniper
July 9, 2004, 2:28 am
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe
CbbLe's list of annoying things people say everyday:

2. "Server sucks, it lags like hell!"

Odd enough, to my experience, the players with lower pings are the ones usually complaining about lag to the ones getting it hard already, calling them laggers or whatnot. When the "laggers" themselves have it harder than the whiners already.

I've found myself doing the same thing as well; if I lag, for example, on a European server, I at least know the reason and I dont complain. But sometimes when I play on American servers and everyone has less than 100 ping, that should be pretty much lagless, but not completely (take note, thats to my "general knowledge"). If I get a lag streak on an American server I get frustraited and whine without knowing it, because I simply dont understand what caused the lag so suddenly under such playable conditions.

Does that happen to you, anyone? Just wondering.

frogboy
July 9, 2004, 3:14 am
Hit!

morpheus
July 9, 2004, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
But sometimes when I play on American servers and everyone has less than 100 ping, that should be pretty much lagless, but not completely (take note, thats to my "general knowledge"). If I get a lag streak on an American server I get frustraited and whine without knowing it, because I simply dont understand what caused the lag so suddenly under such playable conditions.

just because you have a low ping doesn't guarantee a lag free game. ping just measures the average time it takes for your computer to send data to another computer and then receive a reply back.

if the host computer's connection is crappy, or the host computer has a relatively small buffer for accepting incoming packets, your ping will start to go up, because it's taking longer and longer for the host to respond to the commands you just sent it.

it may only 100 ms for you to send a command, but ping is measuring the round trip time, so if it takes the host 500 ms to respond, your average ping would be 300ms. (100ms + 500ms / 2 = 300ms)

you can also have a steady ping and still get a "lag effect" if the host ignores your packets for whatever reason.

Odd enough, to my experience, the players with lower pings are the ones usually complaining about lag to the ones getting it hard already, calling them laggers or whatnot. When the "laggers" themselves have it harder than the whiners already.

let's say you have a 33 ping and you're playing a guy with 300 ping. ok, that "seems" like 267ms difference, but it's not. it's actually a minimum of 333ms difference. that's your 33 plus your opponants 300, plus any fluctuation that may occur.

when you shoot your gun, you're sending a command (packet) to the host. the host interprets that command and sends a command to your opponant. your opponants computer "should" respond to that command and take damage, but that's not always the case. why? because each command sent has to be ackowledged. if it's not acknowledged, then your shot doesn't count.

now, why wouldn't it be ackowledged? the commands (packets) have what's called a "time to live." this is the amount of time that the command is kept in the computers buffer before being discarded. so if your ping plus the lagger's ping is exceeding that "time to live", the command (packet) won't be ackowledged. it'll just be simply ignored and discarded, and your opponant will not take damage from your shot.

Unlucky 13
July 9, 2004, 4:41 am
quote:Originally posted by morpheus
now, why wouldn't it be ackowledged? the commands (packets) have what's called a "time to live." this is the amount of time that the command is kept in the computers buffer before being discarded. so if your ping plus the lagger's ping is exceeding that "time to live", the command (packet) won't be ackowledged. it'll just be simply ignored and discarded, and your opponant will not take damage from your shot.

This is the problemb with freaking multiplayer games! those nerds at microsoft should stop minimalizing and start making lag cures or sommin!

Buddah
July 9, 2004, 6:26 am
I 100% AGREE

frogboy
July 9, 2004, 6:44 am
Microsoft has nothing to do with the TCP/IP protocol and UDP protocol, except that they have clients which accept connections to the protocols, so there is nothing Microsoft or Michal can do to the actual protocol to decrease lag.

sanity
July 9, 2004, 6:47 am

if the host computer's connection is crappy, or the host computer has a relatively small buffer for accepting incoming packets, your ping will start to go up, because it's taking longer and longer for the host to respond to the commands you just sent it. it may only 100 ms for you to send a command, but ping is measuring the round trip time, so if it takes the host 500 ms to respond, your average ping would be 300ms. (100ms + 500ms / 2 = 300ms). you can also have a steady ping and still get a "lag effect" if the host ignores your packets for whatever reason. let's say you have a 33 ping and you're playing a guy with 300 ping. ok, that "seems" like 267ms difference, but it's not. it's actually a minimum of 333ms difference. that's your 33 plus your opponants 300, plus any fluctuation that may occur. when you shoot your gun, you're sending a command (packet) to the host. the host interprets that command and sends a command to your opponant. your opponants computer "should" respond to that command and take damage, but that's not always the case. why? because each command sent has to be ackowledged. if it's not acknowledged, then your shot doesn't count. now, why wouldn't it be ackowledged? the commands (packets) have what's called a "time to live." this is the amount of time that the command is kept in the computers buffer before being discarded. so if your ping plus the lagger's ping is exceeding that "time to live", the command (packet) won't be ackowledged. it'll just be simply ignored and discarded, and your opponant will not take damage from your shot.

uhh i dunno where u got the packets taking longer and longer due to ttl. did you know the default time to live for a packet is 128 _seconds_? (edit: hops not seconds) what you might be confused with is the udp protocol soldat and most online games use sometimes 'drops' packets along the way unlike tcp (which soldat also uses for something, lobby maybe?). this means a packet you send might from ur pc might get lost somewhere along the way to the server and unlike tcp, udp will just say '[:-censored]it' and not try to send the same packet again resulting in lost information.

also usually (and also i think in soldat) a measure of ping fairly close to the time a packet takes to leave the client and return from the server (even if it is average, its updated constantly). if it says 100ms thats pretty much it, if it goes up and down alot that means theres lag spikes [:P].

u got the between you and another player ping right tho... [:P]

lieroguy
July 9, 2004, 7:02 am
My general answer is this:

The internet for some reason seems to have become a vortex of stupidity, as those who do not resist it feed their own stupiduty in while drawing out the collective stupidity of everyone else.

Online gamers are, as a general rule, complete and total cockmongers. They'd rather complain about a game that they could just as well leave, instead of shutting up and just playing the goddamed game.

And what can we do about it? Little. Make passworded games and select who can play with us. Other than thatm, you could manage to get you to give you their adress. In that case, I'd let you borrow my Benelli M1 Super 90.

morpheus
July 9, 2004, 7:41 am
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/TTL.html

TTL - Short for Time to Live, a field in the Internet Protocol (IP) that specifies how many more hops a packet can travel before being discarded or returned.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/H/hop.html

hop - An intermediate connection in a string of connections linking two network devices. On the Internet, for example, most data packets need to go through several routers before they reach their final destination. Each time the packet is forwarded to the next router, a hop occurs.

how you came up with 128 seconds is totally beyond me

sanity
July 9, 2004, 8:05 am
sorry i made a mistake its 128 hops not seconds... lol. still 128 hops is quite alot and i doubt many servers are beyond that. if you do a traceroute between you and the server u will see this. and how i got that is if you go into your OS (in windows its the registry), under the MTU settings you should see TTL=128. [:P]

Denacke
July 9, 2004, 12:23 pm
is there a way to increase the TTL?

CbbLe
July 9, 2004, 12:56 pm
"is there a way to increase the TTL?"

why would you do that?
Being able to make 128 hops is waaaaay enough.

CbbLe
July 9, 2004, 3:58 pm
I just remembered another annoying thing:

BARRET-n00B..You can only play with that gun
Just because I find it more fun playing with my barret doesn't mean I can't use other guns. the reason is simple..I like this gun the most, because it's the funniest one to use in my opinion..

that fuking sniper
July 9, 2004, 9:11 pm
But sometimes when I play on American servers and everyone has less than 100 ping, that should be pretty much lagless, but not completely (take note, thats to my "general knowledge"). If I get a lag streak on an American server I get frustraited and whine without knowing it, because I simply dont understand what caused the lag so suddenly under such playable conditions.

just because you have a low ping doesn't guarantee a lag free game. ping just measures the average time it takes for your computer to send data to another computer and then receive a reply back.

if the host computer's connection is crappy, or the host computer has a relatively small buffer for accepting incoming packets, your ping will start to go up, because it's taking longer and longer for the host to respond to the commands you just sent it.

it may only 100 ms for you to send a command, but ping is measuring the round trip time, so if it takes the host 500 ms to respond, your average ping would be 300ms. (100ms + 500ms / 2 = 300ms)

you can also have a steady ping and still get a "lag effect" if the host ignores your packets for whatever reason.

let's say you have a 33 ping and you're playing a guy with 300 ping. ok, that "seems" like 267ms difference, but it's not. it's actually a minimum of 333ms difference. that's your 33 plus your opponants 300, plus any fluctuation that may occur.

when you shoot your gun, you're sending a command (packet) to the host. the host interprets that command and sends a command to your opponant. your opponants computer "should" respond to that command and take damage, but that's not always the case. why? because each command sent has to be ackowledged. if it's not acknowledged, then your shot doesn't count.

I know how lag works. I'm just talking about general psychology...

Captain_Jimbo
July 9, 2004, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper
yah, it makes me giggle everytime someone says one of these things, I tend to resist the temptation to respond and start a flame war though. ¬_¬

GASP, how DARE you cross out my beloved mini-mi! -melts your barret into minimi bullets-

PeaceMichal
July 10, 2004, 10:18 am
lol, i love watching nerds converse.

I say Barretard all the time... Whats more skillful? holding your mouse over somone untill they die? or clicking on them once? Its fuken easy to be a pro with barret but all you n00bs need to realize that Soldat is an action game, not a fuken slow motion 1 shot every 10 seconds sniper game...

Niff
July 10, 2004, 11:10 am
Do ANY weapons NOT get complained about?

SuperKill
July 10, 2004, 11:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Niff

nowdays as soon as you doublekill with something it turns 'overpowered'.

sanity
July 10, 2004, 3:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by PeaceMichal
its nice to know how the internet actually works instead of just clicking buttons... you should try it sometime.

KnOt
July 10, 2004, 6:14 pm
Meh.. most people would say 'hit' and stuff cos they want the other person to know that if it wasn't for the lag, they would be dead.. and that their aim is not [:-censored], it's the lag. So when someone says 'hit' to me, i say 'bleh' and hard luck.

Captain_Jimbo
July 11, 2004, 8:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Niff

Fists are for n00bs [:(!]

gi.joe
July 12, 2004, 5:11 am
quote: Fists are for n00bs

erm how so?

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 6:00 pm
I agree to :)

Soldat is a small game with a small host, so it's not supire most server lags just a little bit, but it's still fun, and you need skill to play with barret... And most of us "barretards" can play with other weapons to...

And all the "noobs" in soldat are whiners tho :)

Enik
July 23, 2004, 11:39 am
Cbble, you suck:p
Havent you made a topic like this once before a long time ago? HARRRR

btw: Cbble isnt a lame barretard since he uses that gun from the moment i knew he was alive :)

CbbLe
July 23, 2004, 12:30 pm
hehe, yea I made this topic before (think I did my Yaaaaar-sound though) :=)

Darksider
July 23, 2004, 12:42 pm
Imagine you're in the army for real and suddenly 2 snipers attacks you from somewhere. You can't say "barrettard" because they use it! It's what are they trained for and they have talent in that weapon!

LazehBoi
July 23, 2004, 12:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by PeaceMichal

I say Barretard all the time... Whats more skillful? holding your mouse over somone untill they die? or clicking on them once? Its fuken easy to be a pro with barret but all you n00bs need to realize that Soldat is an action game, not a fuken slow motion 1 shot every 10 seconds sniper game...

You're right there, but you don't have to call us "n00bs," or nerds because a nerd is a person who is considered smart, but socially inept, so anyone who calls someone a "n00b" is generally a nerd, kthx.

Droopy
July 23, 2004, 1:23 pm
I hate the word barrett n00b! Campers and Barrettards are not n00b's (mostly)! I know I'm in A.B.A. and most of u think I should have aditude like that.. Well.. I dont! Becouse I know that the weapon is not that easy to use as most ppl think... I know that very well... I know how to use barrett in mid air very very well.. so if u do make me use it.... HOHOHO! You got yourself long hour of PWNing! But I'd proboably get kicked out of A.B.A. for that(or not?)...

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 1:25 pm
Droopy i don't want be mean to you but... Remember to take your ritalin. Please.

IBT
July 23, 2004, 2:55 pm
whats with horrable sig pics here?
i dont mind ppl useing barret, as long as its a sniping weapon, should be horridaly innacurat unless ducking (good) or proneing (best acc)
quote:i like ice cream shut up while your ahead, dont post it unless its the smart thing to say. and the same goes to you sniperkill.

EDIT my bad, didnt notice the page button there, but i hope you get my point.

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darksider
Imagine you're in the army for real and suddenly 2 snipers attacks you from somewhere. You can't say "barrettard" because they use it! It's what are they trained for and they have talent in that weapon!

Of course you couldn't. You'd be dead.

EyE-of-TerroR
July 25, 2004, 12:25 am
hehe I dont need to say barretards 'cause usually they dies after they can even shot.. well the days are not the same as they was long ago.

Denacke
July 25, 2004, 11:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Darksider

Can we please stop comparing with the real world?
Soldat is a game, meant to be played for fun, which isn't in the real world (war & such). Just keep that out of it, and get a better argument ;)

sativa
July 25, 2004, 11:43 am
lol denacke, this dude has a point you know cause most pplz say it's overpowered blablabla... but it's a [:-censored]ing m82a1 .50 calibre, it's a freaking anti tank sniper rifle

Mielos
July 25, 2004, 12:57 pm
Indeed Sativa , can you imagine running around with 28.5 lbs. (12.9 kg) gun and still having a good accuracy?
[URL]
tough soldat is a game, games shouldn't be compared to reality
--------
I don't wanna say barret is easy , It's also has an arc like all others ( not as big tough ) . but if your fighting against a barret the barreter only needs an accuracy above 50% and he's Kill/death ratio is above 1.00 already . No matter how pro you are , you can't possible shoot +6 shots with an automatic in the time the barret(ard) fires one shot. !! If you have nothing better then " stfu whiner " then plz don't reply!!
--------
Anyone actually noticed , some Barret(ards) nag about all of the primary weapons except barret. Other barretards nag about the Automatics or the deagles ( and a few barretards nag about nothing) . so why do you call us whiners ?

Whining about a Whiner makes you a whiner to , so stop with "stfu whiner" and get a descent argument .

IBT
July 25, 2004, 4:59 pm
look at cost, for yen, isnt that kina cheap?
*hides*

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 9:42 pm
yes, i'm addicted to saying Hit

at least now i know it's going to good use

sativa
July 25, 2004, 9:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mielos
Indeed Sativa , can you imagine running around with 28.5 lbs. (12.9 kg) gun and still having a good accuracy?
[URL]
tough soldat is a game, games shouldn't be compared to reality

yeah ok barret stays sort of a&ccurate i think they should make this a weapon you can't fire while running or something or atleast remove the cursor while running with barret, but then that should be the same with minime and minigun if you want to, but then you are making it more realistic, and the game should have some unrealistic stuff but i'm tellin ya it aint overpowered, if they will bring the power down they should fire up the reloadtime and the time between firing another bullet, it's as simple as that but well it wont have any effect: barretards will stay and they still will be the same powerfull enemies, you cannot put donw only the power without raising anything else that would just be unfair cause the fire rate between bullets is just to slow and if they would do something like that they just could make it anotehr sniper rifle