( search forums )
New Mod Rules
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
N1nj@
July 8, 2004, 1:54 pm
Can we have a rule that stop poeple from posting unfinish mod. I am tired of going into a topic and found out is not even done, no screenshots, no download links...nothing except what gun is change to what. They are post that in General Discussions or something, Show Off Your Work should be for mods that are done and withe screenshots.

Also, I think someone should write up a 'How to put a screenshots', cause most poeple come in the forum doesn't read no rules. And tell them to host it either on Soldat forums, or some other hosts. _NOT_ geocities, or other crap hosts.

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 2:25 pm
And or if you want discussion about a mod that is not finished post about it here in general discussions. Not show of your 1337 mods.

V13T B01
July 19, 2004, 3:19 am
cuz u shouldnt show it off.... yet. but what about places with a link but it is broken?

peemonkey
July 19, 2004, 5:00 am
*agrees*

Haro1121
July 19, 2004, 5:30 am
give them 2 days to get the link fixed maybe a little longer like screenshots

Aquarius
July 19, 2004, 8:30 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Can we have a rule that stop poeple from posting unfinish mod. I am tired of going into a topic and found out is not even done, no screenshots, no download links...nothing except what gun is change to what. They are post that in General Discussions or something, Show Off Your Work should be for mods that are done and withe screenshots.
I agree and the sam rule should be in New Maps forum. I am tired of all these 'updates' ("50% done! 80% done! 95% done!" - who cares?)

Toumaz
July 20, 2004, 3:57 pm
Yeah, but Work in progresses with screenshots and a download is acceptable.

N1nj@
July 20, 2004, 5:44 pm
wow, since everyone agrees, why don't we get a mod here to get this thing going

?
July 20, 2004, 11:30 pm
I disagree, start the vote over.

N1nj@
July 21, 2004, 12:17 am
i hope you are joking =\

Deleted User
July 21, 2004, 12:22 am
But what if people want opinions of what gun should fit each gun the best. (For example me when i started doom mod topic) You didn't whine to me about my topic...

?
July 21, 2004, 12:25 am
Actually no, making topics is a great way to get teh peopls opinions on what they already and in their mod and what people think should stay or go, i agree on the posting screenies but just make people put (NF) in the title and if they don't warn them, two strikes your out deal.

N1nj@
July 21, 2004, 1:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
But what if people want opinions of what gun should fit each gun the best. (For example me when i started doom mod topic) You didn't whine to me about my topic...

cause you posted the Doom topic in this section (General Discussions), not in "Show Off your 1337 Mod" section.

Meandor
July 21, 2004, 5:56 pm
If you haven't noticed, i give those who put that kind of threads in new mods section a bit of time to add screens, if they don't i move to general discussion (if they need help or something) or lock until they pm me they have added the screenshots. If i miss something, use the flag button.

Droopy
July 22, 2004, 8:19 pm
I dissagree with Ninj@... What if ppl dont even want a mod your working on.. And if you need help like t said. it's the same with new maps! ppl need help and stuff.. And they want opinions and would realy like to hear ppl saying GJ man keep up the good work or something.. Just to make them think that somebody cares of their map and stuff... Somebody cares... He cares...

(goes to hug a Teddy)

N1nj@
July 22, 2004, 9:33 pm
Then they make a post in "General Discussions", not in "Show Off your L337 Mods".