( search forums )
tiny request for barret flamers
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 2:10 pm
if you cant use it well, dont whine about how overpowered it is.
its a 10 year old kid's behaviour..easiest thing to do in online multiplayer games is whine when you fail at something, at soldat its the whining about 'overpowered'
people tend to call barret overpowered while they cant even use it and get more then 5 kills in a DM.
you get what i'm saying..

and i'm still opened to duel anyone that thinks barret is overpowered ;P

Hektik Sniper
July 8, 2004, 2:41 pm
tbh, I dont have a problem with people using the barret anymore. I see about 1 in 5 people using the barret now and its no where near as much of a problem as it used to be in 115 etc. The problem is the minimi. That gun is so damned annoying ;)

CbbLe
July 8, 2004, 2:45 pm
roar! agree with superboiiiiiiii =)

down with whiners....gooo barretards!!!!

palloco
July 8, 2004, 3:34 pm
down with barretards... gooo whiners!!!
go whiners?
Damn I did not want to say this.

Subslider
July 8, 2004, 4:28 pm
>.<

have to agree i dont see that many barret users compared to a few soldat versions ago..

Alamo
July 8, 2004, 4:32 pm
There are still way too many barretards out there. (and I am good at barrett and use it from time to time)

n00bface
July 8, 2004, 5:05 pm
m79 is way worse now.

sanity
July 8, 2004, 5:17 pm
i find m79 is better now with the 1.05b physics...

Deleted User
July 8, 2004, 5:18 pm
Goddamnit, the Barret doesn't bother me anymore, its the freaking Chainsaw, its completely overpowered and can pwn anyone.

¬_¬

sanity
July 8, 2004, 5:21 pm
lol naw chainsaw is easy to beat with m79+socom. just when noobs get it and spawnkill... that sux.

grand_diablo
July 8, 2004, 5:31 pm
nah, its not as worse as in 1.1.5 but it is still too strong. I was a barreter for 8 months (till about two months after 1.2 came out. I can still use it if i must, though i may need 5 to 10 minutes get used again. It is still the easiest weapon to use, getting good with any other weapon is definitely easier than getting good with barret), so i know what i am talking about. The difference is hard to recognize if you play almost barret only and only few times different weapons, but if you change to playing more other weapons, you find out that the barret is still too strong.

Sure, it partly depends how people use it, but there are many proofs for my thesis that barret and ruger are too strong.

In 1on1s, many ppl start barreting/rugering when they are behind, and very often they can turn the match around with that.
Recently, the number of barretards on the pub servers seems to increase again, it was on a nice low level for some weeks now :/

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 8:57 pm
then its settled:
no more whining like whores on public servers or at all.

n00bface
July 8, 2004, 9:36 pm
i'm talking about m79 is worse now as in ay more overused in servers than barret, by oldies and newbies, the only problem is..it's not overpowered, just overused :(

Kazuki
July 8, 2004, 9:55 pm
That's because it's fun to use. So is the LAW. I may suck with it, but dammit, those LAW matches kick ass!

AerialAssault
July 8, 2004, 10:00 pm
wtf are you talking about, barret is used by 5 in 8 people. minimi is barely used too, i use it. it suffers from long reload time and slow rate of fire. HK is the only annoying auto. the barrett is very easy to use. i use it when everyone else is using it (barrett match) and i always win. superkill, if u want ill duel u with barrets, then with autos. if that will make u STFU, i do that with barrett n00bs all the time. and if u beat me with autos, then ill STFU. but any auto user should know how easy barretts are to use. i think superkill is in denial about his precious gun, cause hes been using it since 1.0.5b

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 10:26 pm
make me stfu ?
you're the one crying all day about getting owned xD
oh man if you suck the same way like you did last time we duelled get ready to get smoked real bad ;P

[edit]

lol i just noticed the anti barret icon on some people.. rofl you guys are f*cking pathetic :p

Chakra
July 8, 2004, 10:45 pm
..says he who prides himself on a gun a little girl can use..

N1nj@
July 8, 2004, 10:51 pm
i say we start bringing back barret and making it popular again!

grand_diablo
July 8, 2004, 11:10 pm
you don't need to, it IS already. I wont cry about 1 barreter in a 3on3 team (although 0 would be best), but as soon as 2 or even all 3 use it, the game gets ruined, cause you have to use barret or ruger too, if you want to get zapped from somewhere far away all the time.

And where is the fun if youre forced to use a certain gun just to be able to compete? It is nowhere then, cause thats the point when matches truly start to suck. Ever played against RTW? Do it, and youll see what i mean, they use barret only, and its freaking annoying.

SuperKill
July 8, 2004, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
..says he who prides himself on a gun a little girl can use..

"EL is gonna pwn SK so much!!"
<sk joins the server>
"oh man SK is about to get PWNED"
<sk wins>
"damn im shocked"

OWNED ?

Chakra
July 9, 2004, 12:12 am
[IMAGE]

Kazuki
July 9, 2004, 12:20 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
i say we start bringing back barret and making it popular again!

How much more popular can it get?

DarKnezz
July 9, 2004, 12:25 am
[:D] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHhahahahaahahahahaahaha...........................
..........................HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well played Chakra.

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 12:29 am
rofl nice pic
but i cant see where's the part when i cried.
i'm usually the guy that gets all the whining ;P

DarKnezz
July 9, 2004, 12:31 am
Well taken SuperKill; He's laughing AT you not WITH you though.
..It must've hurt a little ::>8|

Alamo
July 9, 2004, 12:39 am
rofl pwnd.

sanity
July 9, 2004, 2:37 am
okay the m79 can 0wn barret because barret has a flaw... it cant shoot around hills. so stop yer whining, it aint too powerful! i actually enjoy playing barret users and there is [:-censored]all skilled ones out there now... they r a dying race. u should be promoting them not whining about it with ur lame no-barret sign.

that fuking sniper
July 9, 2004, 2:45 am
You goddamned guntards, all of you. Weapons are for noobs! They are all overpowered, nerf the [:-censored]ing weapons, fists are the ones all the vets use. If you use fists you are 1337. Not like those sissies running around with guns shooting you from far away, that stuff is rigged. And every server I see, its full of them! Guntards, its an obvious reason why the guns should be nerfed/deleted...

Here's an example of a game: I go to the server, and obviously, its full of guntards. I throw down my weapon and go for the real weapons that all vets use, and as soon as I get to the middle of the map, this [:-censored]ing guntard comes up and kills me. WTF is that?! NERF THE GUNS GODDAMNIT.

Ah, yep I think that's about what I was going to say. This is how I feel about every weapon arguement right now. Nobody backs himself up to prove his point or his arguement, and you got just a bunch of people not knowing how to express themselves and revert to insults. Yay. I mean serously, guys, this was aruged *over, and over, and over, and over...*. Things *WONT* change till the next update, and even then the only balance changes you'll see will be made by the public. You wont get anything out of this. What, someone needs to prove the legitimacy of using a certain weapon and enjoying an aspect of the game? This is pathetic. Like I said in another thread, use the search option.

sanity
July 9, 2004, 2:56 am
lmao @ TFS

damn those guntards, theyre everywhere. [:P]

Kazuki
July 9, 2004, 5:42 am
TFS got FISTED!

AerialAssault
July 9, 2004, 5:50 am
i like using chainsaw and my fists...

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 8:16 am
quote:Originally posted by DarKnezz
Well taken SuperKill; He's laughing AT you not WITH you though.
..It must've hurt a little ::>8|

trust me i know that already ;P
not my fault he covers for his lack of facts on his photoshop skills.

palloco
July 9, 2004, 9:24 am
Oooh, TFS did not said that when I firstly said weapons are lame.

And btw, fists are overpowered, I had already seen one thread about it.

Niff
July 9, 2004, 12:29 pm
I don't mind skilled Barrett SNIPERS. It's just the newbies who think they're too good for everybody who use it as an assault weapon that piss me off. LEARN TO USE A [:-censored]ING SECONDARY.

Also, well played Chakra.. XD
Once I get back to computing class, I'll tidy that pic up so it's more offensive :P

Element_101
July 9, 2004, 12:58 pm
Lol guntards! nice TFS :D

Ok before I say anything let me first say STOP TALKING ABOUT THE [:-censored]ING BARRET!

that is all.

grand_diablo
July 9, 2004, 2:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by sanity
okay the m79 can 0wn barret because barret has a flaw... it cant shoot around hills. so stop yer whining, it aint too powerful! i actually enjoy playing barret users and there is [:-censored]all skilled ones out there now... they r a dying race. u should be promoting them not whining about it with ur lame no-barret sign.

barretards a dying race? oO

Probably on australian servers, dunno, but on the well frequented european and as i heard also on some american servers, sometimes 10 out of 12 use a barret, and thats truly annoying.

promoting barretards, weird idea oO

I would really like to share the european/us-public-server-barretards with u if it was possible...

sanity
July 9, 2004, 3:02 pm
quote:i actually enjoy playing barret users and there is [:-censored]all all skilled ones out there now... they r a dying race.
grand diablo: i mean good players not the n00bs that you get beaten by... next time read my post properly.

CbbLe
July 9, 2004, 3:14 pm
"Probably on australian servers, dunno, but on the well frequented european and as i heard also on some american servers, sometimes 10 out of 12 use a barret, and thats truly annoying."

give it up already...nowadays the amount of barretusers are alot less...alot more automatic users than barreters. Maybe it's still too many in your opion but saying that its 10/12 normally is just bull[:-censored]. more like 3 out of 12 in my opinion(from the servers I play at)

I see more mp5/minime users than barrets nowadays..(actually im a barret/minime user myself)

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 3:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Niff
It's just the newbies who think they're too good for everybody who use it as an assault weapon that piss me off. LEARN TO USE A [:-censored]ING SECONDARY.

yea i'm such a newbie :(

CbbLe
July 9, 2004, 3:55 pm
"yea i'm such a newbie :("

sauperboiiiiii, that's what I always have said :´(((
ROAR!

Hiei
July 9, 2004, 3:57 pm
Barret is a very popular weapon i mean if you go in a f'n room you can guarantee a barret user. So if you made barret any more popular than it already is everyone in soldat would be using a barret. I'm not saying the m79 isn't as bad but at least that takes some skill. Barret you just shoot and it says you killed...... I hate barret, i hate whiners.......my life is sooooooooo Confusing!

Kazuki
July 9, 2004, 4:40 pm
Wanna kill a barret user? Grab an AK, a Soccom, and a ton of grenades! Yes, you heard me. Grenades. So many people don't know how to use them properly. Seriously, how many people do you see in servers that can kill someone by lobbing their nades and hitting their enemy in the air? One to none.

Keinonen
July 9, 2004, 4:43 pm
In big wars(4vs4 & 5vs5) barret is usually overpowered by autos... barret is more of a duel weapon

grand_diablo
July 9, 2004, 5:21 pm
quote:i actually enjoy playing barret users and there is [:-censored]all all skilled ones out there now... they r a dying race.
grand diablo: i mean good players not the n00bs that you get beaten by... next time read my post properly.

you just dont get what i mean. there is no skill necessary to get good with barret, just about a month of time, cause its too easy to handle.

sanity
July 9, 2004, 5:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
you just dont get what i mean. there is no skill necessary to get good with barret, just about a month of time, cause its too easy to handle.

if its so easy why do most people use autos? because *gasp* they r even easier!

palloco
July 9, 2004, 6:20 pm
no, because barret is boring. I like fighting all the time, not fire and then play hide and seek. That is stupid. Using barret is not fun

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 6:49 pm

there again, you repeat yourself.
easiest thing to do is whine about "there is no skill necessary to get good with barret".. prove it ? kph@walla.co.il <- msn

and i suppose ak, mp5, steyr, ruger, takes time to get used to ?
lol, "OK".

grand_diablo
July 9, 2004, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill

there again, you repeat yourself.
easiest thing to do is whine about "there is no skill necessary to get good with barret".. prove it ? kph@walla.co.il <- msn

and i suppose ak, mp5, steyr, ruger, takes time to get used to ?
lol, "OK".

I was a barreter for 8 months, i know what i am talking about. And in opposite to the barret, you have to follow your enemy with the other guns, simply cause they aint 1-hit kill. m79 is 1 hit kill too, but has slow bullets that you can dodge if u dont stand directly in front of the enemy.

And no, i wont start using that overpowered weapon again, just to prove you it is too easy to handle (btw. i doubt we would get acceptable pings, and playing with a lag of 200 or more is nor fun not fair to anyone).

The only time when i play barret, is when i accidentally press "8" and there is no time to selfkill or no other primary weapon around that i could grab from the ground.

And yay, i AM repeating myself, and wont get tired of repeating myself until something is done about it. The number of ppl who say the barret is overpowered is respectable and rising. And the point will come when Michal cant ignore that issue anymore. The barret just didnt get nerfed in 1.2 cause the barreting beta testers started whining , this has been told often enough. Even Michal said, that he cant understand why someone wants to use the barret as offensive weapon.

palloco
July 9, 2004, 8:47 pm
and playing with a lag of 200 or more is nor fun not fair to anyone).

Again with that stupid [:-censored]. I always play with more than 200 ping, I have fun and I bet I can defeat you.

Keinonen
July 9, 2004, 9:00 pm
Barrets are boring. In CTF u get usually pwned right after the 1st shot. They're good if youre a midfielder. Camp in middle and then retreat while loading. That's what I understand about it's use in CTF...

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 9:00 pm
hmm lets put it this way.
you guys prefer the barret as it was in version 1.5 ?

that fuking sniper
July 9, 2004, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keinonen
Barrets are boring. In CTF u get usually pwned right after the 1st shot.

No, you dont. If you do, you arent a sniper. A sniper knows that after a shot he has to either take cover or make sure he wont run into any enemies for the next 4 seconds. Only mindless hotshots try to look cool, take a shot, and keep on attacking.

Snipers are light players who pick off enemies using the barret's long range and insta-kill, retreat, and take another shot.

Oh, and by 'sniping' I of course mean 'barretarding' or 'using the barret as an assault instagib rifle'. :)

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 9:49 pm
disagree..
doesnt have anything to do with light players.
man i have fun in soldat even if i lose, its just more fun for me to play with barret..dont see any reason why i'm a 'light player'

Chakra
July 9, 2004, 10:12 pm
Superkill, luv...I don't mean to go on, as I can fully understand how my incessent 'whining' can irritate.

The reason I understand this is because for the entirity of this topic and all others related, you and all others who are pro-barret haven't illustrated how and why the barret is a fair weapon and deserves it's place. For every whinge, there is a fool who says "stfu no it isn't." The last two posts above mine are a fine example.

Perhaps the barret is so obviously fair that it's factual defence is never needed in your eyes, so for the sake of us less intelligent people I think a proper 'This is why Barret is Fair' thread would be in order.

Oh yes, and lets not forget you demolishing any hopes of wavering your opinion after you beat EvilLaugh, a man of many talents (writing in caps, leet talk, banned from forums, kicked from clans etc), in a duel where he was barret and you were AK74. No offence to the poor bugger, but he's pretty average. Even at that, the gap was what, 3 or 4 kills? ..you should've dueled Corking.

palloco
July 9, 2004, 10:39 pm
1.1.5 balance was perfect

SuperKill
July 9, 2004, 11:13 pm
Oh yes, and lets not forget you demolishing any hopes of wavering your opinion after you beat EvilLaugh, a man of many talents (writing in caps, leet talk, banned from forums, kicked from clans etc), in a duel where he was barret and you were AK74. No offence to the poor bugger, but he's pretty average. Even at that, the gap was what, 3 or 4 kills? ..you should've dueled Corking.

yet you were so sure he's gonna win ;>
and excuse me, the server was located in uk, if the server was anywhere near where i live.. the score would've been a gap of 25.
doubt something? duel me, i've been asking you for months.

also, why do you call a fool for someone who shuts you up ?
cant take negative view on yourself ? you little spoiled kid ;<
i think you're the fool. you started playing since... 1.4 ?
hell you bearly know what's a ballanced soldat match.

ofcourse, all the little newbies hailed to the 1.6abc versions, where he f*cked up the barret. i mean sure, i would do the same if he turns the mp5, steyr, ak damage to a worthless ammount.

and honestly, playing with you doesnt annoy me any more then feeling sorry for how much a person can whine.

one more thing to add, you can ask EL about his dirty tricks, such as /kill when he's at low hp, not giving me any opinnions on picking a map, etc. still, the better one won.

Chakra
July 9, 2004, 11:56 pm
..why do you keep posting such rubbish? I'm not here to bicker so immaturely. Your insults make you look rediculous!

"also, why do you call a fool for someone who shuts you up ?" ...wtf does this even mean?
"cant take negative view on yourself ? you little spoiled kid ;<" ...what negative view?
" think you're the fool. you started playing since... 1.4 ?" ...so only being around a year makes me a fool?

Stick to the facts or act your age. Either path'll lead us to a better thread to discuss this in.

SuperKill
July 10, 2004, 12:11 am
...wtf does this even mean? - "there is a fool who says "stfu no it isn't." "
...what negative view? - negative comments about your opinnions, better ?
...so only being around a year makes me a fool? - hell you bearly know what's a ballanced soldat match.

now i go to sleep x) cya tomorrow.

Chakra
July 10, 2004, 12:17 am
..you just never learn do you..

Unlucky 13
July 10, 2004, 3:53 am
The barret makes the game more boring than Spit against a baby! make it stop, make it stop... *squrims on the floor like a burning worm*

Keinonen
July 10, 2004, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
Barrets are boring. In CTF u get usually pwned right after the 1st shot.

No, you dont. If you do, you arent a sniper. A sniper knows that after a shot he has to either take cover or make sure he wont run into any enemies for the next 4 seconds. Only mindless hotshots try to look cool, take a shot, and keep on attacking.

Snipers are light players who pick off enemies using the barret's long range and insta-kill, retreat, and take another shot.

Well if you attack with barret, shoot the defender, take the flag and while youre loading the whole 3 men team spawns right next to ya then you really are going to get owned. Anyway it is best as a midfield camping weapon.

that fuking sniper
July 11, 2004, 4:11 am
You dont take the flag if you're attacking alone with a barret against multiple enemies unless you have good cover from your nades/sidearm. Sure, a good player can manage to get over 3 players with a barret, nades and/or sidearm. But I'm talking about general psyche that you need to have to play sniper style. Its alot like guerilla, fly over, take a shot, go back, help your teammates invade the enemy base the best you can with a long-range, insta-gib gun, run a bit back from the fight, and take another shot. It helps your team alot when you take 1, 2, 3, or more players out of a fight, right?

Your team gets the flag, and you cover the carrier then. Thats a good style of playing. And you *will* win like that. Its not you who *has* to be the carrier, you can be, but you dont have to be. Dont risk a good chance to make a cool attack on your enemy by running into a trap. You know they will respawn seconds after you kill them, then whats the point in trying to get the flag?

Famine
July 11, 2004, 5:03 am
quote:but i cant see where's the part when i cried

What is this topic? You are whining right now! Both whiners and barret user are whiners!

N1nj@
July 11, 2004, 5:12 am
I thought Michal is not going to change anything no matter what, right?

If that's true, what's the point of discussing this?

[cneter][IMAGE][/center]

sanity
July 11, 2004, 5:36 am
this is why the barrets fair... if they miss their shot its basically death for them if you return fire quick enough (unless they are good with their secondary). so just play cautiously against barret users (and jump around like a chicken with its head cut off when they are trying to aim) and you should win against them.

Chakra
July 11, 2004, 8:17 am
this is why the barrets fair... if they miss their shot its basically death for them if you return fire quick enough (unless they are good with their secondary). so just play cautiously against barret users (and jump around like a chicken with its head cut off when they are trying to aim) and you should win against them.

*slaps forehead*

Now you tell us! It's all so obvious now.

sanity
July 11, 2004, 8:47 am
*slaps forehead*

Now you tell us! It's all so obvious now.

Glad I could clear that up for you Chakra.

*hands you a hammer*

Next time slap your forehead with this. [:P]

Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 12:02 pm
So, I'm a bit new to the fact that other people play this game, and I'm just making sure that I have the terminoligy down.

A barretard is someone who melees with it, due to the fact its 1-shot-kill, right?

Do you guys have problems with people who can snipe from long range with it? Because thats all I'm really good at.

SuperKill
July 11, 2004, 12:20 pm
"Do you guys have problems with people who" - no.. you should play the way you want to.

CbbLe
July 11, 2004, 12:46 pm
"A barretard is someone who melees with it, due to the fact its 1-shot-kill, right?"

A barretard is a guy with barret who beats up a little whiner that can't defeat the guy using the barret..then he starts whining and calls him barretard.

b00stA
July 11, 2004, 1:25 pm
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=barretard&r=f

grand_diablo
July 11, 2004, 5:49 pm
LOOOOOL!

Keinonen
July 11, 2004, 7:47 pm
LMFAO

KnOt
July 11, 2004, 11:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper
tbh, I dont have a problem with people using the barret anymore. I see about 1 in 5 people using the barret now and its no where near as much of a problem as it used to be in 115 etc. The problem is the minimi. That gun is so damned annoying ;)

OH FFS! Just cos a few people start to own with something it means it's over powered? I'll tell you what's bloody over powered, your mp5.

Cookie.
July 12, 2004, 5:32 am
bring back teh .094c barret man i was playing that its awesom! u get 5 shot and its fast! lol

Keinonen
July 12, 2004, 1:35 pm

What was the barret like in 1.5? Did it reload faster or something?

sanity
July 12, 2004, 2:26 pm
1.5 hasnt been created yet... i think u mean either 1.1.5 or 1.05.

Keinonen
July 12, 2004, 9:03 pm
1.5 hasnt been created yet... i think u mean either 1.1.5 or 1.05.

I dunno what SK is talking about

SuperKill
July 12, 2004, 11:22 pm
lol 1.1.5 is 1.5 :/
it was deadly accurate in 1.5 .. thats all
if you thought this barret was accurate, 1.5 was .. wow :B

N1nj@
July 12, 2004, 11:23 pm
lol 1.1.5 is 1.5 :/
it was deadly accurate in 1.5 .. thats all
if you thought this barret was accurate, 1.5 was .. wow :B

1.1.5 is not 1.5, what the hell are you talkin about

SuperKill
July 12, 2004, 11:41 pm
oh ffs
1.1.5 ok ?

KnOt
July 13, 2004, 5:01 pm
=\

Toumaz
July 13, 2004, 5:51 pm
*thinks back on chakra and his niece* Ahh... happy times.

July 13, 2004, 11:36 pm

What was the barret like in 1.5? Did it reload faster or something?

NO. BAD.

Kazuki
July 14, 2004, 3:51 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
OH FFS! Just cos a few people start to own with something it means it's over powered? I'll tell you what's bloody over powered, your mp5.

lol, Damn right, you sprinklers...

ROFL! Those definitions in the Urban Dictionary are hilarious.

Meandor
July 14, 2004, 10:38 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper

How come what you said doesn't apply to barret or mp5 or anything else? pft :|

Niff
July 14, 2004, 11:21 am
Honestly, Barrett users piss me off sometimes.. but I'll live with it. I find automatic users are at the top end of the rankings now.

Camping_Carl2
July 14, 2004, 2:44 pm
owned on the front page

Keinonen
July 15, 2004, 12:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Camping_Carl2
owned on the front page

Wtf? Camping Carl came out of the Bash Pit??!?!??