( search forums )
Arrange clanwars section in forum?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
CbbLe
July 9, 2004, 1:02 pm
I would like to have a section where u can challenge other clans for clanwars (maybe duels too)..there is a clan recruitment section..now we need one for arranging wars aswell!

gogogo styx!!!! [:P]

Alamo
July 9, 2004, 2:56 pm
yay, why not?

palloco
July 9, 2004, 5:07 pm
Because i dont like scheduled matches

DNA.styx
July 9, 2004, 5:17 pm
I'll see if the other mods think there is a need for it.

?
July 9, 2004, 6:10 pm
Get rid of the recruitment section and put in the clanwar section :D

DeafBox
July 10, 2004, 2:38 am
Ya this is a good idea.

N1nj@
July 10, 2004, 3:29 am
why take away the clan recruitment section? if we don't need that section, i don't see why we need this one.

Poogle
April 14, 2005, 6:09 pm
I hate to resurrect such an old thread, but I had this idea recently and searched the forum, and decided to reply in this instead of making a new thread.

I really think it's an excellent idea. What do most clans want to do when they're starting out, besides trying to enter in tourneys, or usually even before they enter in any tourneys? Of course, they hold friendly matches with other clans. Normally it's a bit of an unwieldy process, because first you'd have to search around for another suitable clan, then get their contacts and go through the process of convincing whoever needs to be convinced to organise a squad, find an appropriate time, etc etc.

But if clans had an area to announce that they were looking for a scrim, other clans could simply reply in the thread and get to arranging it. It would be similar to the Clan Recruitment forum, and would have similar rules- post times when your (already-selected) squad can play, and what server it'll be on- preferably, if you make a challenge, you'll already have your own server- rules, game type, etc, etc. Consider it.

JiggaBlue
April 14, 2005, 6:53 pm
Cbble would have put it this way it may already be here -__-

zoldat
April 14, 2005, 7:03 pm
why has noone thougt of this a long time ago
great idea

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 9:03 pm
It was thought a long time ago. Look at the original date when the post was made. I like the idea. But recently i have have a email to a member from each clan. But for some of the new clans. maybe they could ask for a scrim to test out their skills. Having scrims is the best way to practice your teamwork. Regular practices are good to, but scrims help just as much. Let's see if anyone will post back that is a mod (let them review the topic again).

Poogle
April 15, 2005, 12:07 am
Not quite sure I understood all of your post. I think I understood up to "having scrims", but I can't really understand anything between that and "post was made". Glad you agree, though. I'm waiting for a mod to check this out too.

Poogle
April 19, 2005, 11:22 pm
Styx? How about it, then?

DNA.styx
April 20, 2005, 12:19 am
Sound like you folks want to start using the Tournaments forum, let's check with Stalky to see if we can do a rename of the forum to cover scrims. Then if needed we can set up a new forum for scrims by itself.

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 9:59 am
Tournaments and Clanwars.

Better late than never. :)

N1nj@
April 20, 2005, 10:34 pm
:O man, you got my hopes up cause I thought I saw CbbLe posting again...damn I miss him