( search forums )
Past messages come up on screen when i chat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
shoeboxin
July 10, 2004, 2:44 am
This has happened ever since i got the 1.2 fix and it annoys the hell out of me. i suppose you know becuase of the subject but whenever i push t to chat all the past messages that have been chatted or sent such as so and so captured the (teams) flag. i have looked in all the options and the soldat setup thingy and i cant figure how to make those things go away....please someone help me
Bigkc990

Snipedmyself
July 10, 2004, 10:58 am
lol omg bbq [:-censored] there arent enough character limits and MODs to stop this post
Edit by Hitman: i hit u!

also go in soldat.ini

wow, ur silly!

Ho Chi Minh
July 10, 2004, 11:00 am
generally when u pres t you want to chat back, and you cant shoot when u talk anyway, so....

b00stA
July 10, 2004, 1:16 pm
If the text is really THAT annoying for you (I got used to it and prefer it now), you can open the Soldat.ini, look for the [GAME] section and change this line: Console_Show=1 to Console_Show=0
As far as I know this completely disables the console, but I haven't tested it either.

Alamo
July 10, 2004, 7:27 pm
You can? cool... But don't want to miss the kill messages on the top right of the screen.

b00stA
July 10, 2004, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
You can? cool... But don't want to miss the kill messages on the top right of the screen.

There's an extra entry for the death console.

FliesLikeABrick
July 10, 2004, 9:54 pm
yeah, dont you guys read the update logs at all for the patches? this is a feature that michael added in the soldat 1.2 patch. I like it, except that when im trying to admin my server, the text blocks the player numbers.
-Brick

Alamo
July 10, 2004, 10:07 pm
Yay! Will change that instantly :D

shoeboxin
July 11, 2004, 2:14 am
well that does work but it makes it so you cant read what anyone says even right when they say it.....hmmm anyone else got a trick?