( search forums )
yay @ crappy games and posers (as in Zero and co)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Meandor
July 10, 2004, 1:21 pm
Zero, no one cares about your game. This is soldat forums, if you want to show off your '1337 game-maker skillz' and diss soldat make your own forum and invite people there (preferrably done in ONE thread).
I would release the game and see if it actually works before saying it will eat soldat like a cookie. In most cases, player-made games don't even get finished due to the several problems caused by the fact that the game is fundless and made by semi-professional people, and i'm almost convinced that your game will never be out ( judging from many things ).
Not to mention that the gfx sucks and seems to me rather unfit for a game.

b00stA
July 10, 2004, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
and i'm almost convinced that your game will never be out ( judging from many things ).
I thought the same thing just 5 minutes ago.

but who knows..

Deleted User
July 10, 2004, 2:51 pm
To zero222:

I agree. The gfx looks like its drawn in flash(?) and they are too big anyways. And multiplayer flash games lag like hell. And the "will eat soldat like a cookie" is bs. Before you post some screenshots or something it will not eat anything. And 50+ weapons? Doh. 10 different rocket launchers. 25 different auto guns. 5 different pistols and 10 different overpowered laser guns. Doh. And how exactly are you going to fit vehicles in 2d game? (If you don't count helicopters) Yay i can control a car in 2 directions whoa. That must be something really special. I can imagine a noob takes control of a car and then just goes to enemy base and spawnsquishes the enemies. Doh.

I just wrote what came into my mind. :P Can be quite bad spelling on some part but i don't care.

Meandor
July 10, 2004, 4:34 pm
Right, i forgot to add it might be a great game, but if you start like this boasting around with nothing in your hands, you're hopeless :P

Kazuki
July 10, 2004, 5:28 pm
It's also called spam, so please don't. Before you start bashing on Soldat, how about a successful release first? You can release it and see what people think. Facts aren't based on opinions.

damnnation
July 10, 2004, 6:10 pm
^^what he said^^