( search forums )
I Cannot Download Soldat! ( Please Help )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 2:01 am
Hi there.
When i downloaded soldat i got this pop up when it was 99% done saying cannot find a file from M:/gameboy/visualboyadvance.exe.
It has done the same thing with other things aswell. Does anyone know how to get that file? or delete that file outta my computer so it wont remember it? If you do please reply or email me at reymisteroi@hotmail.com. I was really looking forward to play soldat.
Thx now

wormdundee
July 11, 2004, 2:13 am
why...are you trying to get visualboyadvance?
are you trying to download soldat from the official soldat site? (www.soldat.pl)

if so, thats really weird, maybe try some other mirrors

N1nj@
July 11, 2004, 3:43 am
Right Click on the link > save target as

and then choose your directory

Alamo
July 11, 2004, 11:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Rey
It has done the same thing with other things aswell.

Looks like it's not that easy... Kinda weird. Maybe you should do a virus scan? Do you have that directory M:?

Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 4:29 pm
Erm? Yes i downloaded soldat from the right site( www.soldat.pl )
and the thing poped up said im missing that file and i need it.

M: ... isnt that the disk drive. hmm help? i couldnt find that file to scan it but i scaned my whole comp. i got nothing.:(

Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 4:48 pm
It Says:
Windows cannot find: visualboyadvance.exe
This program is needed for opening files of type 'MegaGames'
Location of visualboyadvance.exe
( i have a cd-rom of it. but that dosent seem to do anything ..i put the cd in and downlaod it again and it has problems ) Somehow i believe i need to delete all of it outta my computer

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 5:02 pm
I tryed downloading it again and again..but the same thing appears.. help?

Alamo
July 12, 2004, 8:07 pm
I would assume that there's a virus or trojan or some stuff on your comp...

SERIAL KILLeR
July 12, 2004, 8:08 pm
Soldat needs visualboyadvance.exe to work?
Did u link .exe or .lnk (shotcuts) files to visualboyadvance.exe or something???

Subslider
July 12, 2004, 8:14 pm
sounds to me like an nasty virus.. i remember seening some viruses using roms/emulators as cover..

try scaning your computer.. virrusscan/add scan
try to find the folder of it (megagames) or an item called like that..

else i shouldnt know..

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 11:22 pm
Its not a virus....someone gave me a cd-rom named gameboy or something and i think it left a file named visualboyadvance.exe. when i was a kid. So i need to delete that M:gameboy/visualboyadvance.exe.
But.. it says its typed 'Megagames' how do you delete that? if there isnt a megagame i dont think there is a gameboy/visual. So maybe if i delete that i will get soldat working?

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 7:02 pm
Ive downloaded another trojan killer but it says nothing. ANYONE ?!?!?!?

n00bface
July 15, 2004, 7:59 pm
well .zip files on your pc must need that to run..so find a zip file you already have and right click it and choose to open it with winzip instead of vba?

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 5:18 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
well .zip files on your pc must need that to run..so find a zip file you already have and right click it and choose to open it with winzip instead of vba?

I cannot find my .zip files..but il keep looking. I cant find winzip ether >><.. can i download it somewhere?

DNA.styx
July 17, 2004, 4:34 pm
Click

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 2:49 pm
Ok i downloaded soldat and the fix.
Im getting a error: A required .DLL file, d3dx81ab.dll was not found.

Hitman
July 18, 2004, 3:12 pm
Download the latest version of DirectX.

Deleted User
July 18, 2004, 7:13 pm
Do you download the full version? or normal version?
i downloaded the normal one. The fully version will take my 3 hours if i need that :(. it dosent work..still with normal one. bah >><

Hitman
July 18, 2004, 7:21 pm
Download this version.

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 8:26 pm
Well..i downloaded both versions but it still says missing that file. Erm..i think i dont know how to use the zip and unzip thingy.... or something.. Cause thats really confusing me , why it still dont work..

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 9:35 pm
Ok finally i got soldat working. Now the fix..lol. When i try to install it gets an error..
Like Unable to execute file: c:soldat/fix/config.exe
Createprocress failed: Code 2 , The system cannot find the file specified.
And when i tried opening soldat it freezes when i get in the game. I hear the sound then is blue and black and then it freezes. I think ether its the fix or that my comp sucks.. cause i think it does not have enough memory.

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 12:59 am
...wow, seems like you've had alot of trouble. I suggest you get a new comp, myself.

What're your system specs?

N1nj@
July 24, 2004, 1:13 am
all the fix works fine for all of us.

You must've installed it on the wrong directory, dont install the fix in to a separate folder call 'fix', just install it on C:/Soldat/

Deleted User
July 24, 2004, 4:19 am
YES IT WORKS! :) kinda lagy but what they hey :) Thx guys. hope to kill you somewhere soon :P

Sekushi
July 24, 2004, 5:13 pm
Was that all you needed to do...? Lol