( search forums )
CTF Berlin - Single player map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
July 11, 2004, 8:08 am
After Bucky Brad thought of this idea, i went to work on reviving my older map, Inf_Berlin. After about 2 days of work, and alot of work on the waypoints, I've finally remade it, Welcome to the first ever Single Player map to hit these forums

Name: Berlin Wall
Type: Ctf "Race" type placement, "Reach the goal to win"
Suggested players: 1-4 is good
Waypointed: Yes, only on blue side, because this is single player.
Best played in: Realistic mode

History of the Berlin Wall: During the cold war, Berlin was divided by two main sides: Democratic, and communtist. During the 60s, the east(Communtist) Berlin started to fail economically, and many starved. Soon, many East Berliners escaped to West Berlin, where the conditions are better. The Soviets countered this, by creating a massive wall between the two sides to stop the migations. Many tried to get over still, and ended up being killed in the end.

Mission briefing: As a citizen who is still rich from your business, you were able to hire a few mercaneries to aid you in your escape. most will start from your house in the suburbs, while the rest will be stationed in various defence points. One or two Mercaneries will also parachute down to the rally point. All of them, in the end, will help you draw enough fire, so that you could have enough time to climb over the wall and reach safety. Timeing is critical, since most of the guards will respawn at the end, you must make it over the wall in a short time. Use the Terrain to your advantage, as there are many hiding places fit for an ambush or for cover.

Remember Snake, who made the map Inf_Stalingrad? My map is similar to his, having a person carry the flag reach a certain location to score. I also used his scenaries (I have asked for his permission already) to create an urban feel in the map.

Here is the dl, you can dl this while you read the background story :P

http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml/index.php?p=omapinfo&map_name=Berlin

Here are some of the screenshots. The map is simply too big to fit into one overview, so i'll upload two.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview1.jpg115.33 KB

and

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview2.jpg134.58 KB

The overview might not look like much, but most of the scenaries in the map are too small to see in overview mode, so i'll also give out some close shots:

Here is where the VIP start at:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Insertion Point.jpg27.5 KB

Soon, there will be a German guard post on top of a hill:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] First Bunker.jpg43.2 KB

Moving though the white square:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Berlin Museum.jpg32.28 KB

A fight in the trenches:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Trench Fight.jpg32.33 KB

And heres me defending the bridge:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Bridge.jpg33.97 KB

This building provides a good sniper spot:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sniper building.jpg40.82 KB

The above ground level, where the defence is hard to break.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Ground level.jpg27.17 KB

A lower Sewer level, there is a secret to figure out how to get in.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sewer level.jpg48.78 KB

But, if enemies do decide to guard there, it will be very hard to escape alive.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sewer choke point.jpg50.13 KB

The last building in the map, used as a rally point, you can also heal from the big drill machinary on the second floor.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Factory building.jpg34.99 KB

The finishing dash towards the wall:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Final dash.jpg37.28 KB

Mission successful

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Success.jpg45.88 KB

I've also included my special WWII bots, for the general theme of the map itself, it is also included in the map, just put them in the bots folder in soldat.

FliesLikeABrick
July 11, 2004, 9:27 pm
Again, i suggest anyone who plays the map rates it at that same link above ^^ (I'm only pushing the rating thing to get it kicked off, I won't always be this annoying about it)
-Brick

Schalke_Kahn
July 12, 2004, 1:14 am
Good Job. I love the city of Berlin. Do more.

[+]MG[+]Schalke_Kahn

?
July 12, 2004, 1:36 am
*Looks at the My stuff(Do not Touch) icon* Hiding something.. maybe along the lines of pics.. you know.. of ladies... showing some skin... you know.... in one-piece swimming suits... ;D

Noobile
July 12, 2004, 3:41 am
I personally liked the CIA desktop....roflmao

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 12, 2004, 6:18 am
Actually, the (don't touch) folder is just for random downloads and games, and the CIA desktop, i got from the CS wallpapers. and No, i don't keep my "Stash" there, its way too obvious. I keep it deep, deep inside the depths of my 400mhz computer lol.

Droopy
July 12, 2004, 11:34 am
AH! I keep it on my desktop! Under the *Dont touch! There are no nakid girls in this folder!* icon.

Nobody suspects a thing...

offtopic: Your game has great gameplay!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 12, 2004, 8:37 pm
lol, shouldn't the top part of the comment be off topic instead? And yeah, anyone else tried my map?

Toumaz
July 13, 2004, 5:19 pm
I like the desktop more than the map. :)
Nice map!

bucky_brad
July 13, 2004, 5:56 pm
hey thanks for the credit ^_^

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 8:58 pm
Well, its no problem Bucky :)

I would like to see more Single Player maps out there, so right now, I'm planning the first ever "Soldat Campaign mode" mappack, starting from the dawn of gunpowder, to modern war. More details on my new topic posted.

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 9:01 pm
well, i like it except that the little hole which u can jump trough from under to top is hard to find -.-

(excuse my english ^^)

Darksider
July 14, 2004, 9:18 pm
Leo, that is an awesome map you did here...I'm just returned to forums so I don't know the "minimal requirements" here, but that's COOL! :D

Ps: Hi again... [:D]

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 4:36 am
How can i use those maps what i downloaded wrom internet?

Deleted User
July 15, 2004, 4:50 am
What version of soldat is there in maps...? Cause those are looking so different...! :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2004, 5:15 am
Well, did you remember to place all the scenaries in Scenary-gfx folder in Soldat? And also, you'll need Soldat 1.2 and the 1.2 fix, found in the main site, to play this map. (Older versions may work, i have no idea) But if you didn't put in the .BMP files into the Scenary-gfx, the map wouldn't work right.

Blizard_Dragon
July 23, 2004, 12:00 am
Very nice graphics you got there... you drew them yourself?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 23, 2004, 4:31 am
some of them i did, and the others were done by LXS and some other unknown people. I'm especially proud of my bridge house scenary :P

Spectral
July 24, 2004, 10:46 pm
the whole dark feel of this map is awesome. the atmosphere is very well done

Marine
July 25, 2004, 5:17 am
Love it.

Deleted User
January 1, 2005, 12:23 am
the link

the link is broken

where is this map ???

CroniX
January 1, 2005, 1:56 am
Where do i Dl this map? theres no link just screenshots

grand_diablo
January 1, 2005, 2:18 am
guys, don't dig out 6 months old postings for such reasons. Just pm Leo and he'll give you the map, Im sure :>

miky258
January 1, 2005, 2:42 pm
the link doesn't wooork!!!