( search forums )
does anyone here like rap?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
gi.joe
July 12, 2004, 5:12 am
generally the community is into that hard core rock,punk head banging, bite off kittens heads kinda music...

personally i cant stand the stuff.

i was just wondering if anyone else is into alternative music such as rap?

Captain RibMan
July 12, 2004, 6:02 am
i like the beastie boys but other than that i dont really like rap

Chakra
July 12, 2004, 6:15 am
'hip hop' i'm into...not mainstream american stuff though. Mostly UK hip hop, like braintax, jehst, lewis parker, tommy evans, aspect, phi-life cypher, nextmen, taskforce, foreign beggars, blak twang, mark b & blade, Dilated People ....annnnd maybe a bit of Necro, Group Home, etc..

..what. They're real names.

Weed
July 12, 2004, 6:43 am
Metal all the way.

that fuking sniper
July 12, 2004, 6:55 am
You cant say crap without rap. My ears bleed if I accidently hear that [:-censored].

fabmanx
July 12, 2004, 7:06 am
I am all into rap, TFS you shouldnt talk, listening to someone scream into a mic isnt all that great either. You people just dont know any good rap...

sanity
July 12, 2004, 7:31 am
quote:Originally posted by gi.joe
anyone else is into alternative music such as rap?

lol! rap isnt alternative music man. anything else but rap is alternative nowadays. just check out what they are playin on MTV and the radio... mostly (c)rap. as for screaming into the mic thats only thrash/death metal, most non-rap singers have alot better voices (and more meaningful lyrics) then rappers do. thats my opinion anyway... everyone can like what they want

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 7:39 am
raps not crap raps the $hit yah i love rap i love music but raps flow bass and beat are my fav metals ok but rap LOVE IT lol dude TFS rap wont make ur ears bleed someone screamin into the mic at a high decible will make ur ears bleed or Raps BASS hittin u in the face :P

~HARO~

that fuking sniper
July 12, 2004, 8:47 am
Rap bass?

Hah, havent you ever listened to Metallica before? Give me a break... Rap bass, pshhh...

Edit: Its not the noise that makes my ears bleed, otherwise, quite obviously too, I wouldnt be the metalhead that I am. What makes my ears bleed is the alergy. *cough* rap *cough* *anyrism* *spontaneous combustion*.

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 9:04 am
DIE DIE DIE DIE WHILE U STILL CAN goooo keep convulsing come on die already!

Chakra
July 12, 2004, 9:04 am
slow down there amigos....

The rap we all see around us, filling the charts, showing off bikini's on MTV, and blaring from car stereos driven by people who are destined for accidents just ain't the real deal. If they had the chance, the real hip hop scene would bend the likes of 50cent over his BMW and have him fisted by a delusional drugged Leanord Nemoy.

As with most music, there is an 'underside' to the mainstream arsefluid, most artists being very different from one another.

Jurassic 5 for that old school soul-town feel for instance, Roots Manuva for bizarre beats and african origins, Phi-Life Cypher for dark beats and political lyrics, Necro for melodious style and shocking topics, and so on. None of which talk about how much sex they get, how much crack they deal or how expensive their car is.

that fuking sniper
July 12, 2004, 9:10 am
http://maddox.xmission.com/music_cool.html

Makes another point that I had in mind. Thanks to Fabmanx for giving me that link.

Edit:

Why I really hate mainstream rap?

It has nothing constructive to say. "Be a criminal." "Kill cops." "Be a pimp." "Be a 'player' who treats a woman like a disposable item." "Do alot of drugs." "Drink alot of alcohol." "Kill whoever pisses you off." "Why? Because all these things are cool." "And if you cant achieve those things, act like you have an imaginary gang, imaginary bitches who suck your cock 24/7, and that you are the center of attention in every party/meeting you go to."

Every fricking Rap song said these messages over and over again for the last 20 goddamn years.

Its not even about "coolness" anymore. Its more of an imposed list of social values and/or way of life thats being repeated over and over in these songs. It makes me sick to see how people mindlessly give in to that crap and not even resist and think why is it cool to do all these things. Oh, and on several occasions, it points out that whoever doesnt go by the Rap culture's "rules" is a social outcast/nerd/dweeb. Examples of what I'm talking about... Hmmm: 'Thug life', 'Gangsta life/love/style/whatever the [:-censored] the other acclimation of the term is'.

I dont even think the people who listen and love Rap actually love the music itself, but only stand behind its messages. And there are millions of them, they look like clones to me, mindless robotic copies that say the same things, like the same things, think the same way, and act the same way. And as a person I hate pointless trends/fads, thats why I hate Rap, I see it as a pointless, idiotic, destructive fad.

Captain RibMan
July 12, 2004, 9:12 am
i wouldnt see you as the rap type chakra, but oh well you learn something everyday

Subslider
July 12, 2004, 9:19 am
i like rap.. but not when im playin soldat..
i like almost every music style..
cept for metal and all the sh!t.. XD

ClanKwH
July 12, 2004, 9:28 am
80´s metal always rock :) and well Outkast knows how to make rap :D

CbbLe
July 12, 2004, 10:32 am
Trance and Hardtrance is the good stuff..all Im listening too(and always did) :)

rap = mnah :/

Tha Doggfather
July 12, 2004, 10:53 am
quote:Originally posted by fabmanx
You people just dont know any good rap...

Agreed, people who hate rap hate it because of what they see on MTV.
Mindless, mainstream. That piece Maddox wrote is applicable on this type of music.

The most mainstream rap/hip-hop music i used to listen to is Snoop Dogg, hence my forumname. I stopped listening that because he became an MTV bitch. But i still like the name, so thats why i still used it as a nick for registering here.

Now i listen mainly to old school hip hop and rap:

GZA (download the song "liquid swords" for some real hiphop)
RZA
Inspectah Deck
Wu Tang
Grandmaster Flash (very eighties)
Jurassic 5
Cypress Hill
Krayzie Bone
2Pac
Erik B & Rakim
House of Pain
mixes of DJ Rectangle are awesome too

[:-censored] not to listen to, stuff that makes people hate rap:

50 cent
P Diddy
Nelly

damnnation
July 12, 2004, 10:55 am
i listen to N*E*R*D when i'm skateboarding and rapremixes to

Drama
July 12, 2004, 11:47 am
I like.

especially the 'puhuvapää rap' which some finnish might regonize

for real mostly:

2pac
nas
mobb deep
onyx
pikkug

i dun hate metal, i hate ppl who hate rap. Fair exchange huh?

Weed
July 12, 2004, 12:13 pm
I am all into rap, TFS you shouldnt talk, listening to someone scream into a mic isnt all that great either. You people just dont know any good rap...

thats hilarious...
reminds me of those rednecks saying gays are gays coz they havent found a good woman.

Kazuki
July 12, 2004, 12:47 pm
rofl! I agree with both TFS and Fab. I hate rap, but that's because I haven't heard any good rap. XP

Chakra
July 12, 2004, 1:02 pm
My mind state stays steady taking shelter in a hut
on a mountain side ready for the wind and the rut
I see a storm blow past with an economic avalanche
The trails of rich fat nations trying to cling to every branch
me, I playing mind chess then monopoly with stress
playing snap by the logfire with thoughts of death
got a year supply of Bic's (razors) hiding out in deep sticks
I'll emerge in 20 years when theres no cash left..

But for now i'm back to basics, spilling out raps, freestyling in the snow while i'm laying squirrel traps.

..an amusing part of a rap about a man fed up with life in the city, so he goes to rough it out in the wilderness, only to find temporary insanity and a craving for society.

Real rap ain't dumbed down, and can be home to some very melodious tunes with meaningful lyrics. Unfortunately, the source of the above tune lays in a state along side thousands of other such quality tunes in what is effectively known as 'underground' hip hop, as the mainstream liquid poo embeds the scene entirely.

I ain't really a rap-type either...I was into a whole mess of other stuff before I found uk hip hop, like classics from the early days, acid jazz, modern stuff like ryan adams, gomez, moby, and so on.

Keinonen
July 12, 2004, 1:26 pm
rap = crap and I really admire a person who can tell wtf Sean Paul says in his crappy lil' songs

Deleted User
July 12, 2004, 2:14 pm
Rofl drama pikkug. Rofl. xD And keinonen i agree. :D

DeafBox
July 12, 2004, 2:43 pm
*Strangles Gi.hoe with the bling bling hanging around his fat neck*
:P

?
July 12, 2004, 2:57 pm
quote:Behold for I am holding a basketball.

HAHAH

anyway, I don't listen to rap much and I don't listen to metal soooo... eh... I agree with what people ahve said about mainstream rappers. Go ahead and hate them, but don't giev up on rap until you find some underground stuff. Personally I think Indie is the best type of music.

Alamo
July 12, 2004, 3:28 pm
All I listen to is metal. I can't stand Hip Hop and Rap. I don't like the music. I don't like the message (see TFS' post). I don't like the ppl. Look at all those gangsters. Wearing their caps and those baggy pants that makes you look like a bag of potatoes. LoL. Metal is the real stuff :) I mostly listen to Black Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal.

N1nj@
July 12, 2004, 3:56 pm
I like rap, it owns. metal = [:-censored]-al

IDF-rambo
July 12, 2004, 4:40 pm
2pac,bone thugs,biggie,chingy,ludacris,pdiddy,outlandish

bucky_brad
July 12, 2004, 4:58 pm
meh, I dont mind what you all listen to so long as its not pop.

Weed
July 12, 2004, 5:21 pm
rap = over rated.
its only a a bunch of poor kids with money who got their money coz idiots like you pay for them to speak fast at the beats of unrational bass sounds.
those peckers fast-talk bout their cars (which they got thanks to you), their bitches (which they got thanks to you), their giant houses (yes you know what im going to say), and all the [:-censored] they got...
moving from being a future drug dealer on harlem to living in a 4 store penthouse in malibu beach.
so? whats the point of that music? it doesnt make sense, it doesnt sound good, it has no real skill requirment. yet people like it coz they go with the flow.
you go with whats popular. thats why you all wear the same kinda of shirts, the same kind of clothes, think the same way.
communities are normaly the end of a person's self.
since they all turn into mind controled zombies who are so stupidly predictable, you could guess what they will be doing in 30 years from now.
so rap, isnt something you listen to coz you like it, but you listen to it coz everyone else does.

- end of meaningless rant

did i mention you can all blow my big fat [:-censored]?

fabmanx
July 12, 2004, 8:05 pm
As i said..Rap takes alot of skill retard...maybe if you would stop judging rap on sh*t like 50 cent, nelly and all the MTV crap...you would know that it isnt all that bad you make it seem to be.

Try listening to 2pac or bone thugz, nas, jedi mind tricks, Akon (softer rap), xzibit... whom all have some meaningful, talented lyrics. (theres alot more too)

I would express and judge my thoughts on Metal, but i'd rather not start something here. Toodles

N1nj@
July 12, 2004, 8:14 pm
ya, fabmax is right! (finally, j/k)

i never pay for musics/movies anyway =P

Drama
July 12, 2004, 8:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
All I listen to is metal. I can't stand Hip Hop and Rap. I don't like the music. I don't like the message (see TFS' post). I don't like the ppl. Look at all those gangsters. Wearing their caps and those baggy pants that makes you look like a bag of potatoes. LoL. Metal is the real stuff :) I mostly listen to Black Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal.

eh? look in the mirror (if youre über metalman)

paint your [:-censored]ing face to white, hair black, all those stupid jewelery

yes and whats the point of the 'evul' things like skulls? wanna be a bad boy?

wormdundee
July 12, 2004, 8:56 pm
the reason that i hate rap, is because all of the rap that ive heard is absolute turdyness

and no, i dont care if you say, "but the underground rap is good!", because you never ever hear it, and i wouldnt like it ever

all rap is, is talking really fast, which i admit takes skill, but then again, being able to scream for 20 minutes straight without taking a breath is a skill too, and who would want to hear that?

personally im into all rock starting from somewhere around the 50's to the 90's
AC/DC, KISS, Led Zeppelin, that kinda thing, o and also Metallica

but definitely not into metal, death metal, thrash metal, whatever the hell you want to call it

Marbire
July 12, 2004, 9:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keinonen
rap = crap and I really admire a person who can tell wtf Sean Paul says in his crappy lil' songs

Well, it would be kind of hard to tell what Sean paul says in his songs, since he is rapping in a Jamaican dialect. What's your point?

Hm..... Before I even say anything, take a look at this list, and ask yourself if you have heard their music.
-Jedi Mind Tricks
-Akrobatik
-Ras Kass
-Killa Priest
-Masta Ace
-Blackalicious
-Last Emperor
-Atmosphere
-Vakill
-Non Phixion
-Murs
-Binary Star
-Juice
-The Feenom Circle
-People Under the Stairs
-Jeru the Damaja
-Wildchild
-Gangstarr
-Talib Kweli (Not so underground anymore)
-Hieroglyphics
-Ill Bill
-Mystik Journeymen
-Jurassic 5
-Little Brother
-Dilated Peoples
-Planet Asia
-Phil Da Agony
-Mr. Dibbs
-Sacred Hoop
-S.U.N.
-Tame One
-Brother Ali
-Demigodz
-Cunninlynguists
-The Grouch
-A Tribe Called Quest
-Anticon
-Company Flow
-Mountain Brothers
-Aesop Rock
-Copywrite
-Living Legends
-Killer Mike
-Eyedea
-The Roots
-Blueprint

There are also some very talented and worthwhile artists in the mainstream, like Nas for example. His Illmatic album is still among one of the best. If you think he just raps about money and hoes, while talking quickly, then you've lost your mind.

So, before you go insulting rap, realize that what you have heard is a small percentage of it, and what you have probably heard is the mainstream [:-censored] they play on MTV like 50, Nelly, ja Rule, Chingy, b2b, etc. (They have no lyrical talent at all, and are good at making club hits, nothing more....... chicks dig em)

I can assure you that not all rappers rap about drugs, alcohol, money, cars, hoes, etc. Some rap about meaningful things, and its where you can make a poetic connection. If you would like to be pointed in the right direction, just ask.

Here's an example for you fools who think they know everything.
http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/reflect/train_of/forwomen.ref.txt

Now, try to tell me something bad about that song.

There is [:-censored]ty rap, yes. And there is [:-censored]ty rock, too. There will always be the good and the bad, as in every genre of music. I listen to almost every type of music...... if you don't like it, then don't listen to it. But no need to say it takes no talent. Keep an open mind.

Peace.

IDF-rambo
July 12, 2004, 9:34 pm
As i said..Rap takes alot of skill retard...maybe if you would stop judging rap on sh*t like 50 cent, nelly and all the MTV crap...you would know that it isnt all that bad you make it seem to be.

Try listening to 2pac or bone thugz, nas, jedi mind tricks, Akon (softer rap), xzibit... whom all have some meaningful, talented lyrics. (theres alot more too)

I would express and judge my thoughts on Metal, but i'd rather not start something here. Toodles

you are soooooo right! [^]

Duke33
July 12, 2004, 9:54 pm
Some rap's good. Some sucks ass. Simple as that. Just like other music.

gi.joe
July 13, 2004, 2:32 am
Marbire thats one mean as list u got ther dude

nice
all of those artists are bangin

personally im into anything that sounds good..when youre out on the dance floor, and a "rock" track comes on...everyone gaps it to the seats and the whole atmosphere of the party is ruined...

u have to admit..u cant dance to rock

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 2:39 am

lol, How true. <_< I can only imagine someone tap-dancing to a rock song. But hey, at least you can play Soldat to it.

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 2:40 am

Metal is a neckbreaker. Just bang your head :)

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 2:41 am
Banging your head doesn't really count as dancing. Seriously... what if you had a partner?

DeafBox
July 13, 2004, 3:13 am
Ok...... dancing is gay. So the fact that u cant dance to metal is a good thing.
O and ive seen plenty of people dancing to classic rock.

At the end of the day, if u have to dance to enjoy the music, u should be listening to rap. I love my metal, but if i go out the last thing i want to hear is metal. Pop and rap is appropriate in 1 place only. Night clubs.

O and stop with the sterotype that all metal is screaming. That is just like saying all rap is like bitches, hoes, gangsters and stuff. I also understand the MTV angle.
I mean look at linkin Park. Could it get any g@yer then that?

So long live underground rap, but lets hope it stays there!!!

ZeRo222
July 13, 2004, 4:12 am
Rap owns! There aint anything more you can say about it.

gi.joe
July 13, 2004, 5:12 am
quote: Ok...... dancing is gay
wtf not if its with chicks

silly kangaroo

quote:he fact that u cant dance to metal is a good thing.
true

quote:O and ive seen plenty of people dancing to classic rock.
they were probably your parents

Deleted User
July 13, 2004, 5:36 am
yes dancein is gay if ur by ur self but if ur at a club or party grindin with a chick its always fun :) and lol u can dance to metal i guess u can say freakishly danceing can anyone say MOSH Pit lol push shove pull go NUTS lol wooo....... yah but i like everymusic...but rap is the best hell i even like mainstream rap :X

Weed
July 13, 2004, 6:29 am
Alamo, first of all, that "bang your head" thing makes you look like a retard...
gotta love those metalheads wannabees.
anyway. you aint supposed to dance witck metal, its music you listen to, not music you dance to.

and you can always find a way to dance if you are into it. why do you think you can dance with rap? only coz soemoen started dancing to it. thats the only reason.
dancing to the sounds of a fast-talking future drug dealer ^_^, that sounds fun...

Captain RibMan
July 13, 2004, 6:42 am
yeah dancings gay if ur by urself and linkin parks gay and pancakes taste good

that fuking sniper
July 13, 2004, 6:44 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
Ok...... dancing is gay. So the fact that u cant dance to metal is a good thing.
O and ive seen plenty of people dancing to classic rock.

At the end of the day, if u have to dance to enjoy the music, u should be listening to rap. I love my metal, but if i go out the last thing i want to hear is metal. Pop and rap is appropriate in 1 place only. Night clubs.

O and stop with the sterotype that all metal is screaming. That is just like saying all rap is like bitches, hoes, gangsters and stuff. I also understand the MTV angle.
I mean look at linkin Park. Could it get any g@yer then that?

So long live underground rap, but lets hope it stays there!!!

Oh, so it all makes sense now. I dance, therefore I must be gay, because dancing is gay right?

So that means dancing sparks homosexual visions in your head just by the fact that you're thinking of someone dancing to music that he/she likes. Very deep. You should consider getting out of the closet, because if dancing alone is enough to make you think of homosexual bondage, then...well...yeah...

At the end of the day, I dont have to dance to listen to music. I CAN dance to Metal, ever heard of a moshpit ;). And yes, I think it looks alot better than a bunch of whore-wannabes that you see on Rap videos. If banging your head makes you like an idiot, the [:-censored] I see on TV from time to time when people just trying to catch some attention by taking some pieces of cloth off and acting like they're trying to have a giant groupie sex doesnt look stupid at all. It just looks like humans just de-volved back to monkeys. I mean, if I wanted to watch soft porn I'd download from Kazaa, and the music is much better too.

Most people who dance to Metal/Hard rock/Whatever usually just headbang and move erratically. I dont really care. The point is what you feel when you do it. Dancing to any music that you love just gives you an extacy that you want to feel with your music when you have an urge to dance. Headbanging and doing wierd [:-censored] to Metal expresses something; attitude; emotion; theme; something, anything. Every kind of music has that.

And about Linkin Park, to tell you the truth, I dont really know what this fad about hating them is all about. Seems like its a trend that people go by without even listening to them. I like their music, their lyrics in particular. They say something in their songs, as opposing to *cough* some figurehead artists who are just there for the pose. Oh, and Linkin Park are gay, I'll stop listening to them now because they're so gay. It just makes perfect sense, I dont understand how you come up with that stuff. Genius.

Marbire
July 13, 2004, 7:15 am
Hmm..... So now that I shutdown the rap issue, now it's dancing.

Dancing is whatever you want it to be. Personally, I would rather be dancin to rap and club beats, grinding with some women, rather than jumping up and down banging my head, grinding with big sweaty men/andor very ugly women next to me.

But, like I said, whatever floats your boat. Everyone can do whatever the hell they want, and listen to whatever they want. Not much point in arugeing about it.

gi.joe
July 13, 2004, 9:31 am
personally i find linkin park pretty crap

and i have a valid reason for this

their songs are all pretty much genric...
hear one
and youve prety much heard them all

theres no defining charecteristic from song to song
on the whole however

i agree with TFS...dancing and music bring about emotion and ecstacy
the only thing is...Metal in my opinion does not

ZeRo222
July 13, 2004, 10:40 am
i think linkin park is kinda good because its a mix of rap/rock and some cool turntable scratching.

Jap_man
July 13, 2004, 1:44 pm
You want a good mix of rap and rock listen to Rage against the Machine.

Dark_Noddy
July 13, 2004, 2:26 pm
I like good rap, like Cypress Hill and 2pac if I'm in the mood for it.. But Mostly I listen to Metal !! woohoo

Weed
July 13, 2004, 2:30 pm
linkin park aint no metal
if they were metal, they would be as lame as copper.

frogboy
July 13, 2004, 3:01 pm
Copper owns lead, weed.

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
Alamo, first of all, that "bang your head" thing makes you look like a retard...
gotta love those metalheads wannabees.

So? What makes me a wannabe metalhead or a retard? Who the [:-censored] are you that you can tell me im a wannabe if you don't even know me -.-
I'm not talking about mainstream heavy metal [:-censored]head.

Outcast
July 13, 2004, 4:57 pm
The only way i divide music into....is good and bad. Or if you prefer, what i like and what i dont like. Doesn't matter what style it is. I mainly listen to Hard House, Techno, sometimes trance. But i'm not ashamed to say i like some songs of Linkin Park's meteora, or that i like some Eminem's songs. Not the bull[:-censored] when people say something sux just because it doesnt fit with their "society" or however the [:-censored] you wanna put it.

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbire
But, like I said, whatever floats your boat. Everyone can do whatever the hell they want, and listen to whatever they want. Not much point in arugeing about it.

Hehehehe. Wish I was first to say that. <_<

Hitman
July 13, 2004, 5:47 pm
As Duke said, some rap's good, some rap's bad. The only rap I particularly like is Cypress Hill, and that's about it. I like the odd rap songs that pop up now and then, 50-Cent, etc, but I'm not really taken to them too much.

As for Rock, I love Incubus, mainly due to their variation; each album is different which is what I like. Joe's got a point with Linkin Park; pretty much all their music is the same, which tends to get a bit repetitive and boring, although I do like some of their songs. Rage Against the Machine is another great bad, and as Jap Man said, they combine Rap with Rock and it sounds great. If anybody has heard of the Proppllerheads, or the Pixies, they?re great too.

To be honest I like whatever sounds good, it's nice if it has a particular meaning behind the song, but that doesn't stop me from liking a song if it doesn't. Or even if it does have a lot of meaning behind the song, like Rage Against the Machine, they?re very political, but who cares?

Lighten up people, I mean a lot of you just go with what everybody else thinks. An example being; a lot of people say they hate Limp Bizkit, but I?m sure most of them think their music is good, which it is. You people are just afraid of what everybody else will think, and that?s sad.

Kazuki
July 13, 2004, 5:50 pm
I used to like Limp Bizkit, until I realized he was swearing too much. <_< Screw what other people think. Other people think I'm a dumbass. I don't blow my top over it. Also, I like Linkin Park. You guys don't. I do.

that fuking sniper
July 13, 2004, 10:13 pm
Yea that's what I was trying to say mainly, everyone has their own kind of favourite. As much stupid as something might sound to you, it might sound good to another. But I was having a bad day yesterday so its all good :P

T.J.FoRd
July 13, 2004, 10:23 pm
rage doesnt really seem like rap to me

?
July 13, 2004, 10:25 pm
I dance by myself when I am alone at my house... seriously, I think of a song or something in my head and dance... but I am not gay.

Captain RibMan
July 14, 2004, 12:15 am
are you metro like your avatar?

AerialAssault
July 14, 2004, 12:25 am
i like rap and rock, right now i got Freak-a-Leek in my head.

DeafBox
July 14, 2004, 2:35 am
quote:Ok...... dancing is gay
i stand by that call. Altho i mean gay in the lame sense.
The only reason i ever dance is to get with chicks. i dont like dancing i dont normally enjoy dancing and wont partake in any dancing untill ive knocked back a fair few drinks.
The only other dancing ive ever done was for my Deb ball thingy where i fully had to have lessons and sh!t. But it was worth it. ^_^

quote:O and ive seen plenty of people dancing to classic rock.
Bon jovi - Living on a prayer

If u havent seen ppl dancing to that ur dont get out enough.

quote:Oh, so it all makes sense now. I dance, therefore I must be gay, because dancing is gay right?
U knew that i meant gay in the context of being lame. Dunno why u type all that sh!t, seriously who cares.

quote:I CAN dance to Metal, ever heard of a moshpit ;).
Calling a mosh pit dancing is bs. Maybe a slam pit.... with the harcore dude flailing arms and legs, but not a mosh pit.
Jumping up and down woooooooooooooooooooo -.-

At the end of the day this thread has proved that metal pwns and gi.hoebagsheeplover it a tool

*hears that In Flames and Chimera are touring in Spetember*
*dances away into the night*

Cookie.
July 14, 2004, 4:37 am
Beastie Boys and Run DMC are the only rap if u can call them rap -_-
I really like Incubus, PearlJam, err and some other stuff like eric clapton, jimmi hendrix, bob marley, and alot more basically i like stuff thats good :|

Captain RibMan
July 14, 2004, 5:43 am
the misfits are the best band ever!

gi.joe
July 14, 2004, 5:53 am
quote:gi.hoebagsheeplover it a tool

its good to know that u care deaf

oh and btw...im into rap and apparently Rage isnt rap..but i have to say..that song "killing in the name of" is possibly THE best song ever made

T.J.FoRd
July 14, 2004, 6:22 am
bulls on paaaaarade's pretty good too

sanity
July 14, 2004, 6:27 am
Rage is good... the aussie music video show that is. [:P]

DeafBox
July 15, 2004, 8:39 am
killing in the name of - pwns
One of the first cd's i bought.

quote:the misfits are the best band ever!
SCREAM!!!!

quote:Rage is good... the aussie music video show that is.
Yup XD

EyE-of-TerroR
July 26, 2004, 5:20 pm
I just can say rap is crap.Just some guys who dont know how to play instruments so they do theyr music with comp or something like that.Metal bands plays theyr owns songs and it's great and metal is much better than rap.

EyE-of-TerroR
July 26, 2004, 5:34 pm
and banging head dont look stupid look video like Dimmu Borgir - Progenies of Great Apocalypse.And who want's wear tents?or too big shirts?I just wonder what makes sense wear too big pants.

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 5:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by EyE-of-TerroR
Just some guys who dont know how to play instruments so they do theyr music with comp or something like that.
How ignorant can you get?

fabmanx
July 26, 2004, 6:48 pm
Eye of terror, for the love of everyone here, please dont come back and dont post ever again. Dolt...

ClanKwH
July 26, 2004, 7:04 pm
LL Cool J Is Da Bomb Yo! Fo' Real! =D

DeMonIc
July 26, 2004, 7:11 pm
Hands off the terror.
He has his strong opinion.Ignorant mabbe, but he said what he thinks.
I dislike rap cause..well, mabbe once it was good, but now, it's only "oo let's rap about this, it's sooo trendy" and they make a perfectly linear music beat under it.(I didn't call it music on purpose :P)

Drama
July 26, 2004, 7:22 pm
once again, you have not heard good rap

July 26, 2004, 7:36 pm
It's all good... You've got to take into account the ability to structure music and such.

Weed
July 26, 2004, 8:09 pm
its people like Eye-Of-Terror who make metal fans look bad
he is an "authorized by his governemnt" full retard

Drama
July 26, 2004, 8:23 pm
<3 weed

gi.joe
July 26, 2004, 8:59 pm
i wish these forums had a poll option..then we cud find out what everyone REALLY thinks

Se7enWolf
July 27, 2004, 1:03 am
rap = retards attempting poetry

I would much rather prefer... metal, for sure...

that fuking sniper
July 27, 2004, 2:52 am
Bleh, looks like this one got bumped up nicely...

[selfish_promotion]Anyway, I've finished my second instrumental! Yes... I make my own music, I'm trying to record it, and share it with the few people whos'e opinions I can trust to be honest (You know, friends that tell you when you mess up even if they're friends, and they arent idiots either, that's why they're so few, sadly). The music I make is not metal or rock or whatever, I cant classify it myself, just some melodies slapped onto a minor-chord harmony that I think sounds good. No beat, though, I'm no drummer... Sadly, that is.[/selfish_promotion]

Other than that, I'm pretty sure I've stated my opinion well enough in the past pages... It hasn't changed since then.

DeMonIc
July 27, 2004, 10:56 am
quote:Originally posted by TFS
And about Linkin Park, to tell you the truth, I dont really know what this fad about hating them is all about. Seems like its a trend that people go by without even listening to them. I like their music, their lyrics in particular. They say something in their songs, as opposing to *cough* some figurehead artists who are just there for the pose. Oh, and Linkin Park are gay, I'll stop listening to them now because they're so gay. It just makes perfect sense, I dont understand how you come up with that stuff. Genius.
Hmm..
This is gonna get interesting, I always wondered why is it when I ask some1 y they hate LP they say "cuz it sux0rz" and have no real opinion.I like their lyrics aswell, but it is kinda a hybrid between rap and nu-metal, which is a nono to me.

Chakra
July 27, 2004, 11:55 am
dare I ask how you made it TFS? Always wanted to get into that myself..

EyE-of-TerroR
July 27, 2004, 1:09 pm
Weed how do I make metal fans look bad?And in fin some rap artist really does they beats with comp.And boosta what you mean with your ignorant?

bucky_brad
July 27, 2004, 4:35 pm
hey TFS I would love to hear some of your stuff. you should post it up.

Taz
July 27, 2004, 6:50 pm
haha possibly one of the stupidest topics on any message board on teh hole wideeee intarweb.

Tha Doggfather
July 27, 2004, 7:38 pm
stfu and dont post if you think about it that way, clearly there are people who discuss the topic.

gi.joe
July 28, 2004, 8:57 pm
quote:haha possibly one of the stupidest topics on any message board on teh hole wideeee intarweb

clearly u are a noob

that fuking sniper
July 28, 2004, 9:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
dare I ask how you made it TFS? Always wanted to get into that myself..

I don't really understand your question about *how* I made it. All I know is that music was always at the center of my life, always. I always compare music to human psychology and real life, I think music is pure energy that just says something within it's sound, so the passion was already there.

Decided to start playing guitar at the beginning of 8th grade. My 2 instrumentals are products of the last 2 years. I literally stumbled upon them. Most of the time I just improvised something on the guitar till an exceptionally cool part hits me, I repeat it and get an idea on how to continue it. From then on it just grows into a 3-4 minute instrumental. The song itself literally builds itself as soon as you make up that very first part. It's like a mathematical equation that you can extend on and on and on, still getting the same results, this is the reason I sometimes feel that songs are never truly complete, unless you make them sound complete to bring a certain satisfaction, but in truth you can always extend the piece on and on.

As for now, I'm trying to get my hands on an affordable but good recording device that connects to my guitar like an amplifier, while also connecting to the computer on another end like a microphone, so I could record.

About sending people my stuff, I dont really know. We'll see what happens.

AerialAssault
July 30, 2004, 10:51 am
i think when it comes to mainstream rap, its more or less about the music, the beat and the rythym, because mainly its for dancing to in clubs and stuff. cant we all just agree to disagree? its all a matter of opinion anyway. you like what u like. i like some of all types of music, except country music(pukes).

gi.joe
July 30, 2004, 9:41 pm
yeah i pretty much listen to whatever sounds good...

rap,rock,techno...if its got a good beat its fine by me...

like...that slipknot song ...duality...the video is fugered but the song isnt half bad,
and comming from a guy that hates the whole "scream" genre of music...its really saying something

Droopy
August 1, 2004, 7:19 pm
I dont like people who torture litle kitties and hamsters...

Anyway rap! I'm a musician (I play quirtar) so I should know whats good music and whats not... Well.. it's like this. I listen to everything. Even metal but only the old good metal... Not this new Death Metal and Dark, and blood metal.. Whats up with that it's still metal only more and more ARGH's and RAWR's... But ppl like it couse it realy bostes up your adrenaline if u're this kind of music lover... Some ppl say that rap isnt music at all.. Well.. they're wrong! Everything that has musical background is music.. Ppl just sing differently or dont sing at all.. Music is art! And every artist has a right to create it's own picture! I like rap! Especialy a mixture of rap and rock! That realy IWN's!

Listen to what u want! And dont start flaming another guy if he listens something else... It happened! Here in slovenia we have this music channel where we can write MSG's with our mobile's and talk on TV(Same as VIVA). And mostly ppl just go saying whats up and in the end METAL/RAP/RAVE/etc. etc. RULLEZS! But 1 day someone replied to a guys post which was: "HEY PPL! WHATS UP! Anyone here listening to rave? It rullez!" And this guy replies to him: "Your a moron! You cant listen to rave! METAL ROCKS!!! If I listened to rave I'd hide somewhere!"

And the there was a lot of flaming! FFS! I'd hide if I posted such stupid stuff.. What are this ppl 10 year olds or elderly couples? You cant argue about music! It's like arguing about what kind of apples are better!

Drama
August 1, 2004, 9:53 pm
way to go droopy, no hard feelings

Marine
August 4, 2004, 11:25 pm
Rap...the beat and music is good, but the lyrics and singers are nonos. I don't like music based on violence, womanizing, and drug abuse. At all.

Drama
August 5, 2004, 1:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marine
Rap...the beat and music is good, but the lyrics and singers are nonos. I don't like music based on violence, womanizing, and drug abuse. At all.

Once again, u have not heard good rap. I also prefer beatiful rap

Yin_Starrunner
August 5, 2004, 3:49 pm
100th reply, w00tage!

dr.ON
August 10, 2004, 8:09 pm
Listen to music that u like, dont listen to music that like many peoples

Weed
August 10, 2004, 8:57 pm
are you calling death metal a new wave of music droopy? you are a moron...
death metal has been around since the 80's. you could say it all kinda started with Venom...

Omenalimonadi-
August 11, 2004, 6:06 pm
I think that only homos listen to Metallica and all kind og death metal like that
2PAC 4 LIFE

Droopy
August 11, 2004, 8:17 pm
Wanna have sex?

Weed: Sry dude... didnt know that.. Thanks for the information.

Kazama Jin
August 11, 2004, 8:28 pm
I really like Rock but i also like Rap...But i only have 1 favorite and hes a classic legend. 2-Pac he wasnt all *Do drugs* DRink Beer* Treat women like trash* but he was a *THug Or A Gangsta* And he alot of great music. And he was killed. I drew a picture of him the other day if anyone wants a preview of it ill send it to you And i got a poster of him in my room. His rap actually takes talent. Not Like Eminem he is such a wanna be and his rap sux. But Rock Is my all time fav LiNKin Park All the Way! :)

Kazama Jin

Duke33
August 11, 2004, 9:37 pm
Eminem's not too bad, and his lyrics actually say something. One of his lines was "They blame it on Marilyn and the heroin, but where were the parents at? Middle class America, now that's a tragedy". Some of his stuff's crap, too. But ah well. 2Pac's not bad, though I haven't listened to him much.

TFS, I'd like to hear some of your stuff. Obviously you don't have to show it if you don't want to, but I know that most people would like to hear it.

Droopy
August 11, 2004, 11:30 pm
Eminem doesnt suck.. He raps about different things than other ppl... I love some of his songs.. Anyway he's suposed to be called The Lead Singer of The D12 Band from now on.

Weed
August 11, 2004, 11:45 pm
linkin park isnt rock
its a fuken hybrid mixture of semen, pink flowers, diarreah and rap.

Droopy
August 12, 2004, 12:38 am
And the bunnies! Dont forget the bunnies!

Weed
August 12, 2004, 1:13 am
dont insult the bunnies ffs.

Droopy
August 15, 2004, 8:39 pm
I'm not! I like bunnies! ALL HAIL BUNNIE POWER! (who said that again?)

karmazonpl
September 20, 2004, 2:36 am
Ok I know this thread is pretty old :D

Well I like some rap, little but yeah
I always liked Busta Rhymes, but he's beats lack melody, but he's cool XD
I like MOP
and few Polish rap bands :D

DT
September 20, 2004, 3:32 pm
YO YO WHATS IN THE HOLE!!!

DeMonIc
September 20, 2004, 4:18 pm
This is in the hole:
[:-viking]
Now don't ask dumb questions or I'll ruin this thread completely.

_Mancer_
September 20, 2004, 8:05 pm
Rap...nothing but talking with a beat in the backround.

You could talk how your day was at work, add a beat, and youd get paid millions of dollars and be idolized by white people around the world.

The voice is an easy instrument.

Try becomming a master at guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, whatever.

I dont care that they add poetry and feelings into their songs. Basically its all bragging or whining, or a love song.

"Baby girl I neeeed youuu"
"I got twenty-fo's, bling bling...ect."

Rather annoying.

Chakra
September 20, 2004, 9:00 pm
clearly you don't listen or read, Mancer.

DannyLB
September 20, 2004, 9:15 pm
Yes i like rap

My favorites:

Lloyd Banks
[IMAGE]

Snoop
[IMAGE]

Ludacris
[IMAGE]

Lil Jon
[IMAGE]

Ying Yang Twinz
[IMAGE]

J-Kwon
[IMAGE]

_Mancer_
September 20, 2004, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
clearly you don't listen or read, Mancer.

Explain?

karmazonpl
September 20, 2004, 11:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_
The voice is an easy instrument.

tell that to Frank Sinatra, or Luciano Pavarotti.

_Mancer_
September 21, 2004, 12:37 am
I should rephrase that, Talking is an easy instrument.

If using the word instrument for talking makes any sense at all...

Er..

I think you know what I mean.

karmazonpl
September 21, 2004, 2:25 am
Yeah now it's good